Create Account

Smith Named Captain of S10 Whalers Press Conference

Shortly before game 1 of the NWJHL regular season started... The Vancouver Whalers have named their Season 10 captain than none other than 1st round pick Dave Smith. This announcement was held behind closed doors for those of the Whalers organization when our General Manager made the announcement. Receiving this recognition of my leadership and my game is quite an honour and I hope to make the city of Vancouver, the Whaler fans, team mates and management proud.

[Image: nashwithc.jpg]
Smith throws on the C

There are many other great captains of this Whaler team and I know it is a big responsibility to attempt to follow in their footsteps but I also want to be able to create my own legacy with this team. I am not here to put down any of the former captains of this organization but I want to do what none have been able to do and that is to win the Challenge Cup.

The city of Vancouver is hungry for this championship and is looking forward to this new squad that Phil and Nate have assembled. I am loving the team work and the positive attitude we have in the locker room and hope it continues to move forward in the season.

As you can see from our first two games we went on a roll scoring 16 goals in two games while only giving up 6. Sure our first game was shaky but that is what happens when you have pretty much a brand new team and just getting adjusted to each other’s playing styles. The second game we came out with a vengeance and wanted to just dominate on the ice and that is what we did winning 10-2! A major blow out and with the full team contributing! That to me is looking like a very good start for this squad!

I believe we have something special in Vancouver and I think this team can challenge for the cup this year.
I am open to questions from anyone in regards to this decision if they would like to ask.

GO WHALERS!

Code:
Word: 350 / Picture: 1

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Congratulations Dave.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Great choice for are captain. Hopefully he can lead us to a cup Smile

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

@Schultz - thanks buddy....
@Barkov - I'll try my best to lead us to a cup... I just hope my team mates will help out like they did in that 10-2 destruction Smile

With that being said.... maybe I need to commission a new sig for the occasion... Thinking...

Dustin Brown player / jersey swap / 77 / Whaler colours / name .... lol... Now who do I know who would be willing to make that lol

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

You'll make a great captain for sure, lead us to glory B)

Lies... jk. Glad that my recruit is a stud

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Payment:

Word Count: 350
Professionalism/Thoroughness: 9/10
Interest: 9/10
Form: 9/10

Payment: 200k

Comments: Good read and congrats on being named captain! Cheers

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers