Create Account

Montreal Impact announce captains

Montreal Impact announce captains

The Montreal Impact has been through a lot of ups and downs throughout the franchise’s history and it has left its mark in the NWJHL. There have been many great legends who have donned the blue and white and there will be many more future Impact player who will join this list. Montreal is a team that shows their pride and appreciation for the great city they play in. With the regular season just getting under way it is time to look at the next generation of Montreal Impact players and see if they have what it takes to lead the Impact back to glory.

[Image: 584-hockey-religion.jpg]
(Here is the site of the Impact’s home opener from last night)

Every great team needs to have someone to look to for guidance and a person to lead them to victory. What separates a good team from a great is leadership, you can have all the talent in the world but if you don’t have a good leader your team won’t make it far. A good team captain is one who is a dominant leader. A captain is someone who leads by his actions rather than always words, one who looks out for his fellow teammates on and off the ice and has their backs in any given situation .Good team captains are the ones that pick you up when you are down and encourage you keep striving for you goals and a. While you are at home sleeping, they are the ones in the gym working hard daily to improve their game for the better of the team. Captains must be dedicated to his team as well as setting an example for younger rookies at all times. A good team captain must be able to connect with his or her teammates on various levels and be disciplined as well as stay driven to carry out success for his team. Captains are the ones that take full responsibility for the way their team performed whether the team had a good or bad game. A captain is one that is willing to help guide his teammates through the ups and downs of a season and lead his team to success. In my opinion being a captain is a tough job but what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger! There are only a select few in the NWJHL that have the unique qualities of wisdom, experience and just that drive to just be better than their opponents.

It is one thing to be a good team player, but it's another to be a good captain. Few will have the opportunity to feel the weight of the responsibilities and the happiness of knowing you are making a difference, representing a historic franchise with the Montreal Impact. Being a team captain is a privilege, and one that comes with loads of responsibility. It also comes with great respect and trust from teammates and coaches.

Last season Jordan Nugent Hall became one of these few Impact players who have had the opportunity to be named captain of the Montreal Impact. In season nine when the Impact were in disarray after two weeks into the regular season sitting at the bottom of the NWJHL standings and it seemed like nothing was going their way. The general managers Scherbluk and Hunter decided to trade the team’s superstar defenseman and former captain Caleb Reay at that time and the Impact were left without a leader. It was at that moment as a team the Impact chose Jordan Nugent Hall to step up and lead this team back to greatness. From there on in the Impact began to improve their play on the ice and by the end of the season they have moved up from second last in the league to third place in NWJHL standings.

Hall was a great leader for the team from the second he was given the “C” on and off the ice. He truly exemplified the qualities of a great captain encouraging his fellow teammates, guiding them along the journey in the NWJHL and leading by example on the ice. I just want to thank Jordan Nugent Hall for being such a great captain for the Montreal Impact last season and now it will be time for him to pass on the torch to the next generation of Impact’s and a new leader.

Now with that being said the regular season has just gotten underway it is time to announce the Impact season ten captain and alternate captains! The player who will be representing the Montreal Impact as the team captain for this season is center Smirnov Light!!!

Light has proven to the Impact General Managers that he has what it takes to lead this team to a championship on and off the ice. He has been arguably one of the most active players and has shown a great work ethic on the Montreal Impact. Smirnov Light has been pretty vocal in the media shooting out many articles; he has been a great influence in the Impact’s locker room, is expected to lead the offense on the ice being the Impact’s number one center and can be a good mentor for the new rookies after already spending a season in the NWJHL. The best part is while he could have been playing with the North Stars this season, he asked to be sent down to the Impact with one goal in mind and that is to win another championship. Add all of this up and you have a perfect captain for the Montreal Impact!

[Image: 4703561024_e0966eb097.jpg]
(Smirnov Light stands with the former Impact captains at the Montreal Impact press conference)

Now here are a few words of wisdom from former season nine Impact captain Jordan Nugent Hall:

What did it mean to get the opportunity to not only get the chance to play for the Montreal Impact but to get the honour of representing the team as captain?

It is truly an honour to be a captain for the Montreal Impact. The Impact are such an amazing and storied franchise and I was happy to just be able to play for them. When I was selected as captain, I was thoroughly overjoyed as it is such an honour and I know from past experiences I had what it takes, so I felt it was a really good opportunity.

What do you think makes a good team captain?

Firstly, they definitely have to be active, especially in the locker room. If you have a captain that's always talking and socializing with others in the locker room, they're more than likely to exemplify many great qualities and also it makes for a really fun season. Also, the captain has to be someone that puts the team first because like I've said before, it isn't a team of individuals, it's one big unit working as one.

What advice would you have the next Impact captain?

I would just tell him to be supportive no matter what happens and keep his head up through the ups and downs. It's a job that comes with a lot of honour so hold it with pride and do your best to bring the Montreal Impact to the top.

Now with being said I would now like to announce one of the two alternate captains for the season ten Montreal impact!!! He was the first overall pick in the NWJHL draft, Roman Schultz!!!

[Image: Louis_Leblanc___MTL_001_2.jpg]
(1st overall pick Roman Schultz has a lot of expectations to live up to this season in Montreal)

Roman Schultz has all of the qualities to be a great leader on the Impact. He brings a great attitude to our locker room, is an active member in the media and likes helping out fellow teammates with things around the league. He has shown great determination on training his player to reach his full potential and I would say he is the best rookie in the NWJHL this season. He will be a leader for the Impact on the blue line and will be a big part of this teams success.

And now for the naming of the final assistant captain who will be representing the Montreal Impact!!! He is another veteran player in the NWJHL and has shown the potential to be an elite offensive forward in the league. The second assistant captain for the Montreal Impact is Corey Tripp!!!

Tripp had experience in the NWJHL last season and will be one of the veterans in the Montreal locker room this season. He will bring a help quality of being able to help guide the rookies this season and can help teach them the ways of the leagues. He also will be expected to be one of the leaders on the ice offensively getting top minutes at forward. Tripp is really passionate about the Impact and is ready to help lead this team to victory.

[Image: cammalleri-mike-584.jpg]

Official Montreal Impact team captains for season ten :impact: :impact: :impact: :

Captain- Smirnov Light
Alternate Captain- Roman Schultz
Alternate Captain- Corey Tripp

Overall I think these are three worthy candidates to be given leadership roles on the Impact and I am sure they will represent this great franchise really well. The Montreal Impact look to have one of the best teams on paper in the NWJHL this season and now it’s time to prove that we are the best on the ice. I think we have the potential to win the four star cup this season and now the only question is how bad do the Impact want to win?

(1,600 words and 4 pictures)

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Ilike great choices Impact

congrats to all, and good luck this seaosn guys! Smile

Great choices, couldn't have done it any better myself Tongue

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Very nice article! Congrats to all! Vive L'impact :impact:

Payment:

Word Count: 1595
Professionalism/Thoroughness: 10/10
Interest: 10/10
Form: 10/10

Payment: 1.3 mil + .15 mil = 1.45 million

Comments: Great job on this leafs. This is a great article ladies and gentlemen. Lead the Impact to greatness man and great job with the captain selections, they're all great guys Smile

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

The perfect choices and well deserved. Lead us to the cup.

Letters could have gone to anyone of the great players on this team. The Impact are stacked with proven veterans and promising rookies. But you would he hard pressed to find a better leader than Light or Tripp. Talented, dedicated, experienced and passionate. These guys love to win, hate to lose and work hard everyday to make us better.

The Impact are ready to go to war for the Cup and Light will lead us in to battle. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Towel :impact: Towel

VIVE L'IMPACT

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Sep 30 2012, 09:20 PM
Letters could have gone to anyone of the great players on this team. The Impact are stacked with proven veterans and promising rookies. But you would he hard pressed to find a better leader than Light or Tripp. Talented, dedicated, experienced and passionate. These guys love to win, hate to lose and work hard everyday to make us better.

The Impact are ready to go to war for the Cup and Light will lead us in to battle. I couldn't imagine it any other way. 

Towel :impact: Towel

VIVE L'IMPACT
Such a nice piece Schultz up here... And leafs article was a beauty!

Tripp and Roman.. Great leaders... And many others could have been captains

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]