Create Account

TPE and Money They Need to be Revamped

I think the amount of uncapped TPE needs to significantly be lowered. Graphics, NFL Picks should not reward uncapped TPE. They should reward people with money instead. There is an incredible amount of Uncapped TPE floating around and I would also eliminate the Euro/Champions' League/World Cup stuff when they're applicable and offer cash instead, as the amount of TPE that can be earned is very high. The only things that should be giving away uncapped TPE should be the Recruitment Drive, The Mock Draft and some of the PTs where an extra point or two are given away for the best whatever, that's it.

The amount of TPE in circulation is ridiculous and I don't think it's normal that players can reach 500+ TPE in their 2nd season and be in the 700 TPE range in the tail end of their 3rd season. It's ridiculous and it needs to be changed. There is no point in even recreating if you go up against players with 700+ TPE because there's no way to compete.

I think we seriously need to go back to the way the SHL was in the past. Now I only joined in S3, but back then it was still a lot more stable. TPE needs to be much more difficult to obtain and can't be something that's just a given where everyone can boost up so quickly and max out in no time.

Now, another issue I have with this league is cash. There is also an excess amount of cash circulating in players' bank accounts. I think people complain too much about how difficult it is to make money and this is the root of this problem. Money should be just as difficult to earn, if not slightly easier. However, the emphasis should be put on money rather than the TPE. After all, the league isn't a PT league so it should be the direction focused in my honest opinion. Money is so abundant that people do +5 Weekly training like it's nothing. When the SHL was in it's earlier seasons, +5 trainings weren't for everyone, they were exceptions for people who put in a ton of work and actually earned their money.

Now with the point of earning money. I think contracts should actually be something that is important to the league and not just some figure, People have so much money that a salary cap really doesn't mean anything as everyone signs on for 500k. It is easy for some teams to dominate when you can assemble a team full of all stars without worrying about your cap taking a hit. Money should be something that is earned and will actually represent a player who is significantly better than another one. Now, the people getting paid the most amount of money are the rookies who need to train faster in order to keep up with the rest of the league.

Now this ties into the update scale. The update scale was implemented to limit people from maxing out as easily as they were. However, the only thing the update scale did was increase the amount of TPE people earned. It didn't change a thing, if anything, people are maxing out quicker now than they ever did.

I think this league needs to see a serious change in terms of money and TPE. If not, it won't be very good as a lot of the older members won't stick around too long. Lower the amount of money that is available and the amount of money that can be made, implement a stricter TPE cap per season (Lower it to 20 from 30), limit the amount of TPE players can earn and make money more significant, the way it should be.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Completely agree with all of this, great post/suggestion Smile Cheers

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I've already lowered NWJHL Media pay and so has Obsidian... not sure how much lower I can go. May institute a 50k per 100 words pay starting next season?

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Oct 7 2012, 09:33 PM
I've already lowered NWJHL Media pay and so has Obsidian... not sure how much lower I can go.  May institute a 50k per 100 words pay starting next season?

I think lowering the media-payouts already was a good step and they don't need to got that much lower. I think more important right now is to tackle the (Uncapped) TPE-Problem.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Oct 7 2012, 04:33 PM
I've already lowered NWJHL Media pay and so has Obsidian... not sure how much lower I can go.  May institute a 50k per 100 words pay starting next season?

I wrote this down more in a sense to tackle both issues at hand but I know the media payout was already decreased.

Yup for me to get any skill to 80 and make my money in junior id have to write multiple articles and do point tasks every chance we got them. Now i write maybe 1-2 a month no PBPs are being done cuz well who cares if we dont need money i can see the results. I actually scrapped the recreate of Forsberg because id be so far behind everyone. And in all honesty ive lost interest in the league quite a bit cuz my player is boring he does everything now name 1 NHL defender who puts up 2ppg ? no one but we have 3 defenders close to it and like 40 defenders almost a PPG or higher. We have goalies that no matter what there stats are get sv% and gaa like a major junior goalie because everyone is 99 this 99 that so essentially when your running 3 lines off 99 stats its not whose the better team its whose going to get lucky and be a great player this year and whose going to have a bad year theres no parody in the league anymore. every defender plays like elite NHL defensemen and every forward and goalies might aswell be steve mason at the all star game.

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by OriginsZ@Oct 7 2012, 03:39 PM
Yup for me to get any skill to 80 and make my money in junior id have to write multiple articles and do point tasks every chance we got them. Now i write maybe 1-2 a month no PBPs are being done cuz well who cares if we dont need money i can see the results. I actually scrapped the recreate of Forsberg because id be so far behind everyone. And in all honesty ive lost interest in the league quite a bit cuz my player is boring he does everything now name 1 NHL defender who puts up 2ppg ? no one but we have 3 defenders close to it and like 40 defenders almost a PPG or higher. We have goalies that no matter what there stats are get sv% and gaa like a major junior goalie because everyone is 99 this 99 that so essentially when your running 3 lines off 99 stats its not whose the better team its whose going to get lucky and be a great player this year and whose going to have a bad year theres no parody in the league anymore. every defender plays like elite NHL defensemen and every forward and goalies might aswell be steve mason at the all star game.

This is my problem with the league as well. I know I just joined but...The parity aspect has really got me thinking if I should even play past this season at all. There are too many players with 99 in 5 different stats...What is the point of this? Too be honest, I'm not sure where my future is with the league because of the stat inflation that had happened previous/is happening now. What is the point of continuing when you know poinst are going to be decreased and that you'll never have a chance catching the guys with 700PTE until 10 seasons when they achieved it in 3-4?

agreed

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

well the main reason of the stat inflation of every position except for goalie is the 2.1 engine itself. We had this same problem of players reaching 99 in every category before the update scale but there were no stat inflation in 2.0. Don't know if it will be different in 2.1 if the stats are not 99 all but in my experience in simming, goalies still suck.

Discord are for plebs

New update scale + ceilings. Easy.

Quote:Originally posted by studmuffinz@Oct 7 2012, 03:48 PM
well the main reason of the stat inflation of every position except for goalie is the 2.1 engine itself. We had this same problem of players reaching 99 in every category before the update scale but there were no stat inflation in 2.0. Don't know if it will be different in 2.1 if the stats are not 99 all but in my experience in simming, goalies still suck.

I fucking hate Teemo.

What do you mean there was no stat inflation in 2.0? Do the engines increase/decrease the stats of players that are playing?

Quote:Originally posted by OriginsZ@Oct 7 2012, 04:39 PM

This is a great post. The point of the update scale was to enforce people becoming specialized in certain aspects and would actually make the GM difficult to do. However, it hasn't worked and we're still looking at maxed out lines with players who the sim likes and doesn't like.

We're already screwed until the people who already have 700-800 TPE in 3 seasons retire anyway. I do agree we need to get rid of all the Uncapped TPE and other nonsense, but regardless, we should never have let it get to this. We brought in the new update scale, which was a great idea, but then we start handing out three times as much TPE which made things worse than they ever were.

Giving a new update scale won't help either, cuz those with 700 TPE are still going to be really good, and it would just make it harder for new members to compete since they won't be getting all that uncapped TPE.

But yes, we need to start getting rid of all that uncapped tpe and such going around.

Quote:Originally posted by Teztify@Oct 7 2012, 04:53 PM
We're already screwed until the people who already have 700-800 TPE in 3 seasons retire anyway. I do agree we need to get rid of all the Uncapped TPE and other nonsense, but regardless, we should never have let it get to this. We brought in the new update scale, which was a great idea, but then we start handing out three times as much TPE which made things worse than they ever were.

Giving a new update scale won't help either, cuz those with 700 TPE are still going to be really good, and it would just make it harder for new members to compete since they won't be getting all that uncapped TPE.

But yes, we need to start getting rid of all that uncapped tpe and such going around.

The update scale is not the problem. Right now, everybody's TPE amounts are inflated. So if we would have had the reduced TPE, the ratio of TPE now would still be the same. The problem is the amount of TPE circulating.

The TPE should be reduced. If it is reduced, then it will start to iron out by itself. It might go through a tiny transition period with the people who need to retire, but everything should catch up to the way it should be.

Quote:Originally posted by studmuffinz@Oct 7 2012, 03:48 PM

obivously its hard to compare a sim league with NHL players and more realistic stats to a league with fake made up guys who can boost stats alot quicker. But goalies dont suck in the sim its more of less this league and the bloated offensive stats of everyone. There should be more of less a level of player in this league right now its got 3 levels Elite Rookie and inactive which could be still good or be very bad depends on how long till they went inactive. Theres not really a middle ground in this league cuz you can become a top guy by staying active a year. Im going to use Wong as an example he went from meh rookie year to leading the Toronto North Stars in scoring a year later now this happens once in awhille in the NHL but in the SHL thats not a rare occurance with 9 or 10 active rookies versus 1-2 in the NHL

West Kendall