Create Account

TPE and Money They Need to be Revamped

There is no doubt it is challenging as a goalie in the SHL, but that is as much the sim engine as the overall ratings/tpe, as evident in the change from 2.0 to 2.1.

I am not looking to start that discussion again, we've done that.

However as thing stand top teams will remain there and bottom team will also remain there, as jkrever mentioned and was the reason we changed sim engines in the first place. However, this makes the league rather boring and predictable, unless you on one of the top teams.

The NWJHL does not use the same sim engine, so I think this makes it more desirable, since there is a level of unpredictability to it and players on struggling teams can have decent personal stats ( even goalies) which at least keeps players interested.

On a side note by the lack of posts in threads like this (which normally would have many more pages of feedback a season or two ago ) paints a picture of the current stat of our league.

Quote:Originally posted by Aaron "AAA" Allen@Oct 11 2012, 01:59 PM
There is no doubt it is challenging as a goalie in the SHL, but that is as much the sim engine as the overall ratings/tpe,  as evident in the change from 2.0 to 2.1.

I am not looking to start that discussion again, we've done that.

However as thing stand top teams will remain there and bottom team will also remain there, as jkrever mentioned and was the reason we changed sim engines in the first place. However, this makes the league rather boring and predictable, unless you on one of the top teams.

The NWJHL does not use the same sim engine, so I think this makes it more desirable, since there is a level of unpredictability to it and players on struggling teams can have decent personal stats ( even goalies) which at least keeps players interested.

[b]On a side note by the lack of posts in threads like this (which normally would have many more pages of feedback a season or two ago ) paints a picture of the current stat of our league.
[/b]

Some of just don't have a lot to say on the topic.

Quote:Originally posted by shanYe@Oct 11 2012, 05:14 PM

Some of just don't have a lot to say on the topic.

It's never stopped people before. :ph34r:

dat Heissy <3

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by Obsidian311+Oct 10 2012, 10:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Obsidian311 @ Oct 10 2012, 10:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->To be honest and I doubt I am the only one, a max season limit would kill this league for me. I don't want to change players every 8-10 seasons. Just cut the freakin uncapped points for stupid stuff. Not sure whats so difficult about that.[/b]

Yeahthat

Let's face it, for most people the second player never is as fun as the first one and in my time here I've witnessed many members recreate and then either completely disappear from the league and become Inactive, or put way less effort into their player than they did the first time around. Forcing people to recreate after 6-8 seaons would lead to many more of those cases and probably to this league losing a lot of members.

<!--QuoteBegin-DaveSmith@Oct 10 2012, 11:13 PM
Why not just cut the points that are either unrelated to hockey or unrelated to the league.... That is what I've always been confused about since this is a sim league based on hockey and we are awarding perks for following football... That makes no sense to me since it seems so irrelevant to the league.

People keep complaining ways to get points are too high but we got stuff there that is unrelated to the above hockey/league... scrap them and it'd be a good start.

Create a universal form of payment (cash) and boom done... with the weekly training limits it would benefit from players developing too fast...
[/quote]

Yeahthat as well... Really we talk about completely changing the entire system of the league when so much could be reached by just changing some small-things: Getting rid of most of the Uncapped TPE and all Non-Hockey-PTs plus the introduction of Minimum-Contracts to avoid having league Power-Houses dominate this league for years.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Oct 11 2012, 07:50 PM

Yeahthat

Let's face it, for most people the second player never is as fun as the first one and in my time here I've witnessed many members recreate and then either completely disappear from the league and become Inactive, or put way less effort into their player than they did the first time around. Forcing people to recreate after 6-8 seaons would lead to many more of those cases and probably to this league losing a lot of members.

Yeahthat as well... Really we talk about completely changing the entire system of the league when so much could be reached by just changing some small-things: Getting rid of most of the Uncapped TPE and all Non-Hockey-PTs plus the introduction of Minimum-Contracts to avoid having league Power-Houses dominate this league for years.

Yeahthat 

Preach on