Create Account

Official Politics Thread

Keep it civil, boys and girls. This one will stay unlocked because I'm very willing to punch you in the face if you don't keep it civil.

'MURICA!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

FUCK YEAH

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Oct 9 2012, 04:59 PM
FUCK YEAH

'Murica!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

Canada > USA

Close thread.

Hopefully this will go well. I'd like to actually debate this whole thing with Maxy/Caz.

i'm ready

[Image: tumblr_mb0t7iTvy91revcnfo2_250.gif]

Carlzner, it doesn't matter whether Romney lied in the debate or not, because Obama has/will lie as well. All that matters is that people thought he won and that Obama didn't look the part. Nobody gives a damn what they said.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Oct 9 2012, 05:03 PM
Carlzner, it doesn't matter whether Romney lied in the debate or not, because Obama has/will lie as well. All that matters is that people thought he won and that Obama didn't look the part. Nobody gives a damn what they said.

'Murica!

Saying a politician lied as a reason of debate against them is LOL worthy. In that case Obama's whole "Change" platform last campaign was a complete lie.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 9 2012, 03:08 PM
Saying a politician lied as a reason of debate against them is LOL worthy. In that case Obama's whole "Change" platform last campaign was a complete lie.

There's a big difference between

A) Flat out lying about multiple things in a debate.
B ) Not being able to fulfill your agenda due to the other branches of government.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 9 2012, 05:08 PM

Well it's rather hard to bring change when the entire opposition is more focused on blocking any progress you try to make, and is more consumed with pumping their own tires. The fact is no matter who gets in power, you're not going to see a whole lot of change until the ridiculous way each party works is changed, and that's not going to happen for a long time. "Oh, Obama didn't single-handedly get our economy back on track!" I'll be here in 4 years if Romney gets elected, I'd love to see the wonders he does on his own. CHANGE is only going to come if the government AS A WHOLE acts like a government, not like toddlers.

The fact is that not only did Romney LIE, he completely changed his whole stance on a number of issues. I'll bring out a term that FOX LOVES to throw at Democrats. He's a flip flopper. He is a compulsive liar, and the shadiest politician I've seen in my lifetime, and oh there have been plenty of shady ones. We're talking about a guy who has apparently outsourced jobs, refused to show his tax returns for the longest time, and reportedly hid money in a Swiss Bank account, and now he's all concerned about creating jobs for the middle class? Bullshit. The guy wants to be President because he wants to be President.

I'll post this here too.

It's hard to do anything when Congress is on the opposite team. Instead of playing game of red versus blue... we should we uniting as red, white and blue.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Oct 9 2012, 03:03 PM

Truth. (not personally, I care, but the majority probably.)