Create Account

Undrafted Players

I just had a quick question come to mind... How many undrafted players are currently playing in the SHL or have at least played in the league for some time and have shown some activity? By undrafted I mean players who weren't picked in either the NWJHL or the SHL-Draft, despite being eligible (so not guys who just joined during the season).

I'm asking because I just noticed that we actually have two of those guys on the Chiefs. First there is Takoda DeMarse who actually went undrafted in the NWJHL-Draft but was signed by the Firebirds a few days after. He actually became an active player after that and by the time the SHL-Draft came around teams knew him and he went in the 2nd Round. So he is an example of a player who went undrafted in the NWJHL-Draft. We also have an at least semi-active guy who actually went undrafted in the SHL-Draft and was signed by us as a Free Agent shortly after: Daniel Passarella. So as I said we actually have two "undrafted" guys on our team but I'm pretty sure they are not the only ones in the league. Who else is there on other teams?

Looking forward to your Input Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I remember Passarrella from when i was Whalers GM.
Didnt realize he came back

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Jan 30 2013, 02:12 AM

Yeah he was drafted midway through the NWJHL-Draft but then went undrafted in the SHL-Draft after being Inactive pretty much his entire Junior year. Luckily I managed to make him come back, even though it's just in a semi-active role... But I figured that he likely isn't the only one who had such a story. And I remember some guys (I think it was Duddy or Mortellaro) who went undrafted in at least one of the Drafts as well?!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

LOL THere's like a TON. Asto was undrafted in the NWJHL.

Discord are for plebs

For some reason I think Shutout's player was undrafted into the SHL. I wasn't around then but I remember reading that.

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Jan 29 2013, 06:22 PM
For some reason I think Shutout's player was undrafted into the SHL. I wasn't around then but I remember reading that.

Yeah he was (shows how great that draft was). Mike O'Brien (greatest goalie from s1-5) was also undrafted.

Quote:Originally posted by kawaiidesu@Jan 30 2013, 02:18 AM
LOL THere's like a TON. Asto was undrafted in the NWJHL.

I have a hard time believing that there are a ton... Or is this something that was common in the early years of the league? Because I certainly don't think that I've seen much, if any of it lately. Again, I'm NOT talking about players who joined midway through the season and therefore became Free Agents.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Pivonka was undrafted in the NWJHL, or so he tells us EVERY DAY.

I don't think he technically was eligible though...

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

My first player almost went undrafted. I was taken like 2 picks away from last in the SHL draft.

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Jan 30 2013, 02:32 AM
Pivonka was undrafted in the NWJHL, or so he tells us EVERY DAY.

I don't think he technically was eligible though...

Yeah he wasn't so he doesn't count. And Pivonka never saw the light of the SHL so he is irrelevant anyway Tongue

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Jan 29 2013, 05:12 PM
Great season Cheers

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

yea S1 had some, Raycroft wasn't in the draft cause he signed up after but we signed him. O'Brien went undrafted but it was only because he was the last goalie picked and there were six teams and six goalies, so I just decided to forget drafting him and sign him after.

Patrick Pelletier (ANA)

was undrafted

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=9556

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 29 2013, 08:46 PM

Yeah he wasn't so he doesn't count. And Pivonka never saw the light of the SHL so he is irrelevant anyway Tongue
:( Crybaby :(

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Teemu Nurmi

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]