Create Account

Chicago gets Scary!! MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Chicago, ILL :: The Chicago Hitmen have played their last game in the United Center as the Hitmen will be officially be renamed the St. Louis Scarecrows.

The Chicago Hitmen, formerly the Boston Battallion, have been around since the expansion in S6. After many unsuccessful seasons, the Battallion were relocated to Chicago and renamed the Chicago Hitmen by General Manager Robert Spezza and Co-General Manager Julien Dupont. At that point, the Hitmen were looking for a new face and a new beginning.

The franchise started off on the wrong foot in their first season. After drafting future superstar and first overall pick Michael Haan, the franchise’s great beginning turned sour. The team struggled with staying active and couldn’t buy a win for more than half of the season. The team did not qualify for the Four Star Cup Tournament.

Despite the terrible season, Michael Haan was drafted first overall by the Edmonton Blizzard. Goalie, Yehudah Ben-Lev was selected in the third round by the Las Vegas Kings, he was probably the biggest steal of the draft.

The very next season, General Manager Robert Spezza was relieved from his duties by the North West Junior Hockey League. With Julien Dupont leaving Chicago for a General Manager position with the Kelowna Knights, there was no General Manager in place meaning the NWJHL would have to hold applications for a new General Manager.

Out of many applicants, former Calgary Dragon, Ryan Dumoulin stood out among the rest. With Ryan Dumoulin selected as General Manager, Ryan picked his Co-General Manager, Braden Carlzner. Carlzner helped usher in a new era of offensive dominance, completely different from the former GM’s style of play.

That year, General Manager Ryan Dumoulin and Co-GM Braden Carlzner drafted Mike Verminski and superstar defenseman Benoit Fortescue. Later that season Mike Verminski would be traded to the Kelowna Knights for Cyan Winters. It would be a big mistake.

The team, again, suffered from activity problems and was eliminated in the first round. The new playoff format helped their cause but not by much. The Montreal Impact would dominate the series.

The next season was the best season in recent memory, the Hitmen would select Sven Wolf and DuJuan Cook in that year’s draft. The team did not struggle with activity with two of the three draft picks posting regularly. Send down Kari Barkov would play superbly along with send down number one goalie Mike Verminski.

The team again was eliminated in the first round, the team couldn’t find any luck. Eliminated once again by the Montreal Impact, they could not catch a break. Co-General Manager Braden Carlzner left the team due to minor complications but only to be chosen as the Detroit Falcons General Manager. The search continued for Ryan, only to find a willing Co-GM in Will Secord.

They picked highly touted defenseman Matthew Buchesner in the first round, Ryan Haan in the second round, and Marcus Jones in the third round of the entry draft. The team did well and improved when the staff signed goalie Nobert Klein. The team finished second in the Eastern Conference with only the Montreal Impact ahead of them. Send-down Erik Lehner was an important piece to the puzzle.

The playoffs were highly anticipated around Chi-Town with the team in the best position in their short existence. They went up three to nothing in the series against the Detroit Falcons, led by former Co-GM Braden Carlzner. The Falcons would battle back making the series three to two for the Hitmen, however, the Hitmen would prevail in the sixth game.

The real challenge came when the Hitmen were matched up with their longtime rivals, the Montreal Impact. The Impact took a three to nothing lead in the first three games of the series. Facing elimination, the Hitmen would be backed into a corner with only one way out. They would end up winning the fourth game, but eventually losing to the Impact in the fifth game, ending their season.

Heading into Season 13, the Hitmen were looking for a complete change starting in the front office. General Manager Ryan Dumoulin decided it was time to look for a new General Manager to hopefully change the previous luck of the Hitmen. With that said, Mr. Dumoulin went to the former Number One pick and first ever selection of the Chicago Hitmen, Michael Haan as the possible new Co-General Manager.

When Mr. Haan accepted the gracious offer, part one of the changes were complete. The pair of front office executives got together and decided that it would be beneficial to the organization to start fresh in a new city, with a new image. Walrus Studios presents to you, the St. Louis Scarecrows!!!

[Image: StLouisScarecrowsFinal3_zps23eb1c90.png]
Primary Logo

[Image: StLouisScarecrowsSecondaryFinal2_zps889e221a.png]
Secondary Logo

[Image: StLouisScarecrowsThirdJersey2_zpsf29f4109.png]
Home Jersey

[Image: StLouisScarecrowsAwayJersey2_zps6c817315.png]
Away Jersey

[Image: StLouisScarecrowsThirdJersey1_zpsf7a5eea3.png]
Third Jersey 1

[Image: StLouisScarecrowsThirdJersey3_zpsc0c404c8.png]
Third Jersey 2

[Image: StLouisScarecrowsThirdJersey4_zpsdceccf99.png]
Third Jersey 3

LET THE DRAFT BEGIN!!!

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

I never thought a scarecrow could look so bad ass lol.

<3 St. Louis Scarecrows!

ALL ABOARD!

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Excuse me.. New pants are needed.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

dat logo

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Really dislike the color scheme reminds me too much of the Firebirds

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Chang@Apr 15 2013, 02:10 PM
Really dislike the color scheme reminds me too much of the Firebirds
There's a big reason why those colors were chosen.

#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wastlund@Apr 15 2013, 05:13 PM

There's a big reason why those colors were chosen.
Is this a big reason that I can be made aware of? :unsure:

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Chang@Apr 15 2013, 06:14 PM

Is this a big reason that I can be made aware of? :unsure:

No.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

So sextastic.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

LOVE THAT LOGO.

Also, Wolf, Cook and Vermy weren't drafted in the same year. I played with Wolf and Cook when Vermy and I were sent down.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Well it's all because of the theme. A farm theme you can find all those colors on a farm. Barn red, burlap gold and black. There's no other viable color scheme that fits with a farm/scarecrow theme

Quote:Originally posted by O4L@Apr 15 2013, 05:16 PM
LOVE THAT LOGO.

Also, Wolf, Cook and Vermy weren't drafted in the same year. I played with Wolf and Cook when Vermy and I were sent down.

I took Cook, Wolf, and Verm in the same year, didnt I?

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

No, that was the season you took Toast, who seems to have been completely ignored

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Apr 15 2013, 03:18 PM

I took Cook, Wolf, and Verm in the same year, didnt I?

Nope. Verm was season before then he was sent down with me.

u nub

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23