Create Account

Leafs Off-Season

Im looking forward to the Off-Season, its one of the most exciting times of the year with the Draft than Free Agency a week later. Trades can go down at any point and its just alot of fun. Here is my off-season "wish". What is your Wish or hope Nonis and Company can pull off this off-season. I wanted to try to add a number 1 center and there probably won't be available, maybe Stastny but I kept it realistic as possible.

van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Frattin - Colborne - Kulemin
Komarov - McClement - Orr/McLaren

Phaneuf - Michalek
Gardiner - Gunnarsson
Fraser - Franson

Reimer
Thomas

Re-Sign Bozak

Re-Sign Kessel @ Draft 7.0Mil @ 6 Years /NTC

Trade Grabovski and Scrivens for Zbynek Michalek (Ensures us a Top Pairing Right handed defenseman to play with Phaneuf, heck ill in throw in a prospect like Percy to get this trade done)

Trade Liles for a Pick

Sign David Clarkson to 4.25Mil @ 3 Years (Its no secret that Toronto will push hard for him at free agency. He lives in Toronto, grew up a Leafs fan and watched games in Maple Leafs Garden and is a Carlyle player, also has heart and passion to win)

“This is my favorite place to play,” he said of the town in which he grew up as a Maple Leafs fan - David Clarkson

Sign Tim Thomas 2.0Mil @ 1 Year (Plays the Mentor Role to Reimer/ can help with the mental toughness and the drive to win a championship )

Your New Leafs!
[Image: newleafs_zps3ae42754.png]

Pretty sure the Islanders hold Thomas' rights.
and hes not gonna come back to be a mentor

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy@May 15 2013, 07:13 AM

Nope, Thomas is a free agent.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy@May 15 2013, 07:13 AM

Nope, Thomas is a free agent.

If you guys don't resign Bozak come Free agent day, Oilers are probably going to push hard for him.

[Image: hallsy.png]

My wishes,

Lupul - Bozak/Riberio - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Kulemin/Clarkson
Frattin - Colborne/Bozak - Kulemin/Clarkson/Komarov
Orr - McClement - McLaren

Phaneuf - (Trade For One)
Gardiner - Gunnarsson
Fraser - Franson

Reimer - Scrivens

* = Maybe/If possible

Get rid of Grabovski + for a good defenceman.
Liles for a pick.
Re-sign Bozak @ 3.5/4M For 3-4 Years
Re-sign Kessel @ 7M For 6+ Years
*Re-sign MacArthur @ 3M For 2 Years
Re-sign Kadri (not sure price)
Re-sign Komarov/Orr/O'Bryne/Colborne/McLaren/Gunnarsson/Franson/Fraser
*Sign Riberio if possible

I'm iffy on re-signing MacArthur. I personally like him as a player but I would be fine if we don't sign him. If we do sign him that gives us a lot of options for the 2nd/3rd line. If he isn't producing we can put Kulemin or Komarov their. I think we need to keep Orr and McLaren because we have an identity now. We are a tough gritty team. Those guys help enforce that. If we can get Riberio I would put him on the 1st line, Kadri 2nd, and Bozak on the 3rd. I think it would be good to try and get give guys like Frattin or Colborne ice time so it would be ok not to sign Riberio.

At the draft try and get Fucale.

My biggest wish is to sign Clarkson. I think chances of re-signing Bozak might be low cause he'll want as much money as Grabo and doesn't deserve it. Also they'll want to keep Grabo given his performance in the playoffs. Heart and soul it's highly unlikely he goes anywhere, why would we rip apart one of the league's highest scoring offences?

Enough with the grabo hate it makes you look silly

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@May 15 2013, 09:42 AM
Enough with the grabo hate it makes you look silly
Not hating at all. It's an opinion. I think we can get someone better for 5.5M. I honestly can't see Bozak not signing here. I think 4.5M tops is what he will ask for. We can bargain down to 4M.

Also I agree with not ripping apart one of the top scoring offensive lines. I think adding and fixing a few things isn't ripping it apart. Going for a 1st line centre like Riberio is only going to add to it. I'm not completely sold on Clarkson's offensive ability yet but even if that doesn't work out. He has a whole other side of his game and he would basically replace MacArthur. We don't have room for both really.

I do see Clarkson signing with you guys, he could be very hit or miss or though. His 2nd half numbers were really atrocious last year in a spot where we really needed him, also I truly believe the Devils system and playing under Deboer is the best thing for his playing career, so it would be interesting to see how he transitions to a new system.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@May 15 2013, 10:13 AM
I do see Clarkson signing with you guys, he could be very hit or miss or though. His 2nd half numbers were really atrocious last year in a spot where we really needed him, also I truly believe the Devils system and playing under Deboer is the best thing for his playing career, so it would be interesting to see how he transitions to a new system.
Yeah that's my problem with him. He hasn't really proven his offensive ability but there is more to his game then that. I really do see him fitting in very nicely with Carlyle's system. We will have to see though.

Your best bet would be to hold on to Grabo and hope he rebounds next year and offload him at the deadline, he'll be a hard sell with his contract and that season performance.

What happened to him this year though? Misused by coaches?

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@May 15 2013, 05:09 PM
Your best bet would be to hold on to Grabo and hope he rebounds next year and offload him at the deadline, he'll be a hard sell with his contract and that season performance.

What happened to him this year though?  Misused by coaches?
Carlyle was trying to make him into Sami Pahlsson

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@May 15 2013, 10:07 AM

Not hating at all. It's an opinion. I think we can get someone better for 5.5M. I honestly can't see Bozak not signing here. I think 4.5M tops is what he will ask for. We can bargain down to 4M.

Also I agree with not ripping apart one of the top scoring offensive lines. I think adding and fixing a few things isn't ripping it apart. Going for a 1st line centre like Riberio is only going to add to it. I'm not completely sold on Clarkson's offensive ability yet but even if that doesn't work out. He has a whole other side of his game and he would basically replace MacArthur. We don't have room for both really.
He can easily get 4.5+ in free agency. I see him going elsewhere tbh

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

If Bozak walks. Id go hard for Weiss who is another hometown player, I think he would be a perfect fit with Kessel.

@RehnX He had some kind of infection, he was misused, and just overall didn't play with the jump he had in the past. He rebounded in the playoffs but still wasn't able to put up any points. Waiting till the deadline or sometime in the season wouldn't be a bad idea.

@Maxy Any player can get more money in free agency.