Create Account

Leafs - Flyers Trade Proposal

its a good proposal, but i dont think philly is going to trade couturier

I wouldn't do this at all. We give them Schenn and a 1st and 2nd?

No way.

Couturier is good but he isn't going to be a bonafide #1 C. A lot to pay for a unproven talent.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Philly does it if it's a 2012 1st

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Jan 18 2012, 10:21 PM
its a good proposal, but i dont think philly is going to trade couturier

Read my explanation. That's why I think they might.

Quote:Originally posted by wadeyb@Jan 18 2012, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't do this at all. We give them Schenn and a 1st and 2nd?

No way.

Couturier is good but he isn't going to be a bonafide #1 C. A lot to pay for a unproven talent.

Honestly, to you and the rest of leaf fans, we need to take a gamble. This guy is a pretty safe bet to atleast be a 1B centre. If it was up to you guys there would never be a trade done. You need to give up valuable players to get valuable players.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Jan 18 2012, 10:24 PM

Honestly, to you and the rest of leaf fans, we need to take a gamble. This guy is a pretty safe bet to atleast be a 1B centre. If it was up to you guys there would never be a trade done. You need to give up valuable players to get valuable players.
17 pts in 40 games in his first nhl season tells you this?

Quote:Originally posted by leafs4stanley@Jan 18 2012, 10:27 PM

17 pts in 40 games in his first nhl season tells you this?

Dude what is your problem? Try not to act smart. You know this aswell as I do so I don't get what you are trying to do here.

But seriously this is a win win trade I think.

Would Toronto actually give up a 1st, 2nd and Schenn for him? Seems like a bit much imo

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Jan 18 2012, 10:43 PM
Would Toronto actually give up a 1st, 2nd and Schenn for him? Seems like a bit much imo

Burke wants a 1st line centre with size and plays a good two-way game. Preferably young. Couturier fits everything the Leafs want. They just have to hope he develops into that #1C he is capable of being.

I don't know why Philly wouldn't do this really. I mean really...

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Jan 18 2012, 10:29 PM

Dude what is your problem? Try not to act smart. You know this aswell as I do so I don't get what you are trying to do here.
It's a massive gamble that can easily pay off, or turn out bad. I understand the need for a #1C, but you make it seem like this has no downside for the Leafs.

EDIT: While Couturier is having a pretty good first season, He isn't looking like a sure thing just yet. At this point I don't want to be spending picks on a 'potential'.

EDIT2: At this point the Leafs should not be gambling, when they have ALOT to lose.

Quote:Originally posted by leafs4stanley@Jan 18 2012, 10:59 PM

It's a massive gamble that can easily pay off, or turn out bad. I understand the need for a #1C, but you make it seem like this has no downside for the Leafs.

EDIT: While Couturier is having a pretty good first season, He isn't looking like a sure thing just yet. At this point I don't want to be spending picks on a 'potential'.

Take out the 1st?

Even then I still think the Flyers do it.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Jan 18 2012, 11:02 PM

Take out the 1st?

Even then I still think the Flyers do it.
I don't think they do it tbh.

I think they'd be more willing to give up b schenn though