Create Account

M. Junior Defies The Odds

[Image: she271wn.88015_lg.jpg]
--Toronto, Ontario Canada

The SHL entry draft for season seventeen has come and gone, with all of the draftees being picked up at one point or another. Likely the most shocking development at the draft was the number eight selection made by the Toronto North Stars. The reason the pick was so shocking was because of who was still on the board at the time of the pick and who they actually chose. While the Toronto fans were glad to have a Canadian agent back in his hometown to mentor his young client, some people have voiced their concerns about whether this pick was really going to help the team or not.

Six foot five defender Maleek Junior was the pick they selected when it came down to it, and while he's been quite active and productive whilst spending his time in the juniors, Toronto fans can't help but wonder just how good he'll be, and on top of that, some of the draftees and even current SHL players have really begun to shake their heads at the pick. They personally have nothing against the player, as they really have not gotten to know him, but his agent has a tendency to pick up and leave without a trace, but maybe the third time is a charm for him?

All we know is that Maleek was just as shocked as everyone else was despite the North Stars personally expressing interest in him before the draft and kind of getting to know him. It's been a dream come true and while all the doubt could be putting him down, he's too happy to care about all the negativity. Juniors counterpart on the Impact, Mr. Feeny went two picks after him to the Winnipeg Jets, and while it'll be a nice rivalry to have two great defenders clashing, one has to wonder what could have been if both were drafted to the same team, since they were the sole reasons Montreal found any defensive success. Maleek released a statement after he touched down in Toronto for a tour of the city and a meeting with his new general manager.

"I never thought I'd be here right now. I struggled growing up and I have to admit that this is the true dream come true story. I've never been so blessed and this has to be the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. My family was with me at the draft as were close friends and of course my beautiful girl, everything was just so perfect and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Meeting my general manager today was pretty damn special, I've never really been nervous before but meeting someone of his status was pretty nerve wracking. Overall a good day and a good time for me, and I hope to make my future bright in Toronto"

Just hours after touching down and taking a slight tour of the city, Maleek officially signed on with the North Stars for three seasons with a combined twelve million over the course of those three years, giving him an obvious annual salary of four million dollars. It looks like his career could be off to an even better start to everything and if he continues to impress we may see Maleek in the majors as soon as this season. Obviously for more news continue to follow us here at the Toronto Star.

Great article bud Cheers Underrated player!

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]