Create Account

Renegades Daily! Day 7/8 recap

<BK> Hello, my name is Bob Kelly and tonight we bring you a new hockey show featuring the Texas Renegades. Each and every night, myself and Bill Longley will be analyzing the Renegades games for the days they have games. We will also bring you a special insight on the Renegades players perspectives on their game, as well, interviews with management and players.

<BK> Now. welcome to the first broadcast of..... RENEGADES DAILY!

<BK> Alright, first up we have highlights from the Calgary/Texas game that took place earlier today. This is the first game of their home and home series. We go into the first period of play, Kari Barkov taking the puck down the wing and is tripped up by defenseman Simo Hayha, which sends the Dragons to the powerplay, however off the draw, Labsvards loses control of the puck at the blueline and turns the puck over to Lionel Byrde, Byrde comes streaking into the Dragons zone and waits for more players to come, he spots Xavier Gauthier at the blueline, who passes it back to Slevin Kelevra who finds Lionel Byrde again for Byrde's third goal of the season.

<BL> Beautiful shift for Lionel Byrde, he forced the turnover and waited until his teammates caught up to him, going unnoticed he positions himself in the right spot for an easy tap in.

<BK> Shortly after that Simo Hayha goes to the box again with another hooking penalty, the Dragons only mustered 1 shot on that powerplay as the Renegades penalty kill shut them down. Now off to the second period we go, only a minute into the game Chico Salmon skates into the Dragons zone and dumps the puck in, the puck rings around the boards right onto the stick of Christian Bauer, Bauer winds up and takes a shot towards the net and it is tipped in by Lionel Byrde who picks up his second goal of the game, and the Renegades have a two goal lead over the Dragons.

<BL> Only a couple days into his sophmore season and Lionel Byrde is playing like he has been in the league for more than five years now. His offensive awareness is very outstanding for a young player, and he gets credit for being in the right place at the right time.

<BK> Skip ahead to the 10 minute mark of the period, the Dragons hemming the Renegades in their own zone, Barkov takes a couple shots on FourFour but can't put anything through.

<BL> As of now, FourFour has been playing a really strong game, shades of what we had seen last season.

<BK> FourFour's shutout bid didn't last long, as right off the draw, Zommers passes the puck to an open Barkov who slides the puck into the goal for his 6th of the season.

<BL> Kari Barkov is such a rounded player, no surprised he was open there.

<BK> Now 14 minutes into the second, Lillais takes a penalty for hooking and sends the Renegades to their first powerplay of the game, right off the draw the puck comes to Barkov who passes it back to Smirnov, Valentine comes off the bench and takes a pass from Barkov and heads on a breakaway, however she is caught by Simo Hayha and the puck comes back down the ice. Icing ensues. Faceoff now in the Renegades zone, puck comes back to Valentine and she unleashes a bomb which FourFour doesn't even see.

<BL> Valentine has a hell of a shot and she did use that when she played for the Renegades a couple seasons ago. Shorty from Valentine ties this game up at 2.

<BK> Now the start of the third and it turns ugly, Jackson Spruill goes behind the net to pick up the puck and he is brutally hit by Renegades defenseman Slevin Kelevra. Spruill got up immediately and two handed Braden Carlzner in the face, and Carlzner did not take exception to that as he pushed Spruill back down, in the defense of his teammate Smirnov came in and pushed Carlzner down and they dropped the gloves and Smirnov and Carlzner went toe to toe, during the fight Jacek-Kix and Brendan Gibbon got into a cross checking match exchanging cross checks to the face, both would go sit in the box. After all the penalties were called and players were in the box, Alex Daigle trips Barkov right off the draw sending the Dragons to a powerplay. However, the Dragons could not muster any chances. Now five minutes into the period, Kirst Zommers enters the zone and fires a weak wrister on net which beats FourFour, the Dragons now have a 3-2 lead

<BL> Hit by Kelevra really sent a message to the Dragons. Ever since then they have been pouring on the shots and pinning the Renegades in their zone, they deserve to have the lead right now. FourFour needs to have that shot as well. His poor play has cost this team many games as of late.

<BK> Now 7 minutes into the period, Renegades goalie Jordin FourFour goes behind his net to get the puck and he is steamrolled by Jackson Spruill, Hayha comes to the defense of his goalie and both will sit for 2 minutes.

<BL> Spruill knows he cannot do that ever! Surprised he didn't get more than two. Good thing FourFour is okay.

<BK> Draw comes in the Renegades zone, and right off the draw again Labsvards fires a shot on net and it is tipped in by Jaden Button who nets his 4th goal of the season.

<BL> Faceoffs need to be won by the Renegades, the Dragons have scored three goals already off the draw in the offensive zone.

<BK> This would be the end of this game as the Calgary Dragons take the first game of the home and home 4-2 over the Texas Renegades.

<BK> We caught up with Jordin FourFour after the game to hear his reactions on the teams play.

<BK> Hi Jordin

<JF> Hi Bob

<BK> Now tell us, how do you think your team played tonight?

<JF> Honestly, I thought we played like shit. The forwards could not muster any offense if they were paid more to do it. The defense we played was atrocious as I could not see many shots due to my own players screening me. I have to admit I did have a very bad game. I am not really sure what is going on during these last few games as I can't stop a beachball!

<BK> What do you think your team needs to do next game to be more successful?

<JF> We need to get more shots on net, and clear out the crease in the defensive zone.

<BK> Thanks for your time Jordin, good luck in your game tomorrow.

<JF> Thanks Bob.

<BK> Now we head onto the second game of this home and home series, the Renegades were defeated by the Dragons in the first game after they allowed four unanswered goals.

<BK> We go nine minutes into the first period where Prime Time takes a holding penalty which sends the Dragons to the powerplay, ensuing draw the puck is dumped down the ice and Verminski goes to get it, however he falls and Gauthier is first to the puck, he finds Daigle who chooses to pass to an open Computer Brett who puts the puck into the back of the net for his first of the season, 1-0 Renegades.

<BL> Verminski can't help tripping up, bad luck for the Dragons, but good luck for the Renegades as they take the early lead.

<BK> Now 12 minutes into the period, Lionel Byrde takes the puck into the zone and holds his ground around the net, he passes the puck to Bauer who re-directs it on goal but it is blocked by Salmon, Salmon turns around and shoots into the glove of Verminski but the puck lies in the crease and Byrde pokes in the loose puck for his 5th goal of the season!

<BL> Verminski thought he had caught that puck, but good eye on Byrde to see the loose puck and jam it home.

<BK> We now skip to the second period of this game, Smirnov brings down a streaking Salmon and sends the Renegades to their 2nd powerplay of this game, Ensuing powerplay, Partlow has the puck at the point, he passes it across to Byrde who passes it to Carlzner who unleashes a one timer into the back of the net. Carlzner with his 1st of the season has the Renegades up 3-0.

<BL> Good awareness of Byrde to know that Carlzner was creeping in. Renegades have dominated so far.

<BK> Shortly after that, Salmon with a drop pass to Byrde who fires it on net and beats a screened Verminski. Byrde with back to back multi goal games and with his 6th of the season, now 4-0 Renegades.

<BL> Nice play by Salmon to drop the puck off to Byrde and set the screen, excellent shot by Byrde as he picked the top right corner.

<BK> FourFour has played excellent so far again, but his shutout bid falls short as Barkov battles for the puck in the corner and comes out to snipe FourFour right over the blocker for his 7th of the season. Renegades up 4-1 now.

<BL> Tough luck for FourFour, Barkov had an amazing shot and placed it exactly where he wanted it to go.

<BK> Skip to the third now, and the bad blood carries over from the last game as Chris Partlow holds up Danny Richter and instigates a fight, Partlow would be given a five minute major for fighting as well, as a game misconduct. Richter got the sole fighting major.

<BL> Bad idea by Partlow, his team was already up, I don't see the need to fight now

<BK> And that is all she sang as the Texas Renegades win game two of the home and home series by a score of 4-1. We are joined by Lionel Byrde now.

<BL> Hi Lionel.

<LB> Hi Bill.

<BL> What are your thoughts on your play tonight?

<LB> I thought I played really well, Sammy and CB were both amazing as well, they both were sole reasons for both of my goals, FourFour played awesome! Defense was awesome as well tonight! Just a really good game for the Renegades!

<BL> How do you guys approach these coming games coming off a win?

<LB> Well coming off a win the whole team is really happy, the confidence we had with the puck as well as out composure should carry over. Hopefully this is the beginning of a winning streak!

<BL> Thanks for joining us Lionel, congrats on the win!

<LB> Thanks for having me guys!

<BK> Day 7/8 of S17 of the SHL season is now over, the Renegades sit with a record of 2-5-1. With a horrible start to the season, let's hope the Renegades can turn this around by putting up a couple W's.

<BK> I am Bob Kelly

<BL> And I am Bill Longley

<Both> And we will see you tomorrow on RENEGADES DAILY!

Code:
1871 words

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates