Create Account

The Story of a Very One Sided Trade TEX-WKP Wow Wade Didn't Fuck Up!!!!

The Story of a Very One Sided Trade – Daigle’s Draft Day

This is the story of the trade that sent Alexandre Daigle to Texas the same day as being drafted by West Kendall.
The Basics of the trade are these…

Platoon West Kendall Receives… Platoon
F Jordan McArthur
-Veteran who was coming off a 50-9-11-20 +1 season.
-Was not going to get any better, but had previously put up big numbers in Manhattan.

Renegades Texas Receives Rights for… Renegades
F Christian Bauer
– Veteran who had a similar 50-9-6-15 stat line but a team worst -14.
-Was not going to get any better and it was pretty clear he was not going to put up numbers in WK.
F Alexandre Daigle
– A strange Rookie who had a 60% faceoff win rate in junior but had nothing else.
-It had been speculated that Daigle would clash with then star goalie Winnifield and that he was no dedicated to improving his game.

So at the surface West Kendall made a small improvement in the veteran forward department and gets rid of a possible locker room cancer. There was some confusion in the press around the deal thinking it strange that West Kendall would draft a player and trade him right after because of issues they knew about before the draft. But overall the deal was minor and no one really cared. So what happened?

1st Issue For West Kendall…. Bauer Breaks Out! While McArthur Went Broke.

It is amazing what a change of scenery can do for some guys!
Christian Bauer had a breakout season putting together a 50-17-16-33 +10 season, more than doubling his totals from the previous year and fixing the awful defensive aspect of his game!
This breakout would not have made this trade look so terrible if Jordan McArthur had managed to do… anything… He went the full 50 game season without scoring a single goal! Finishing the year with a horrendous stat line 50-0-7-7 -20 (good for 2nd worst on the team).
The different between these two players 17 goals, 9 assists, and a shocking +30 advantage to Bauer.
Next season Bauer came out even stronger and had 38 points in 39 games before Texas flipped him to the Panthers for prospect Jānis Krūmiņš and a 2nd round pick. Meanwhile McArthur did manage to break the scoring curse but still only had 3 goals and 11 points come years end.

2nd Issue… Daigle Pulls Head Out of Ass

While everyone was amazed at the sudden breakout of Christian Bauer to star status Daigle wallowed away scoring once in 49 games finishing his rookie year 50-3-0-3 -9. While it is true McArthur did not score once, the decision to trade Daigle still looked fine for West Kendall.
The next season was not going to more of the same for Daigle. Something happened in the off season and he decided that he was going to take control of his career and put up very respectable numbers 50-11-12-23 -1. So by year two Daigle had by far out produced McArthur alone! So even a Daigle-McArthur trade would not have looked good! Ignoring the fact Bauer was putting up almost point per game numbers in his second season at Texas.

Final Results
– Obviously the trade was very one sided but here are the final numbers!

West Kendall
F Jordan McArthur 95-3-15-18 -30 over two seasons.

Texas
F Christian Bauer 89-33-38-71 +21 in almost two seasons before being traded.
F Alexandre Daigle 100-14-12-26 -10 over two seasons.
+ the returns from the Bauer trade.
Jānis Krūmiņš a prospect playing in the NWJHL.
2nd Round Pick from LAP.

#WadeWinning
#DontFireWade???

Word: 600

[Image: livius.gif]

Daigle for Blaine+?

:ph34r:

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Was certainly not a trade id have made if i was at the helm. I get moving Bauer( he was a FA an was going to leave for free) but Daigle + for a dud never made sense to me. Despite ur limited offense

Also should point out this was the year of redistbution and Mcarther was turned into a DFD man

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Crash and Burn@Apr 5 2014, 06:15 PM
Was certainly not a trade id have made if i was at the helm. I get moving Bauer( he was a FA an was going to leave for free) but Daigle + for a dud never made sense to me. Despite ur limited offense

[b]Also should point out this was the year of redistbution and Mcarther was turned into a DFD man
[/b]

THIS makes it look a lot better haha

i thought he was still a forward like he was in Manhattan Tongue

(also if i hadn't redistributed my faceoff into scoring i'd still be bad :lolSmile

Quote:Originally posted by Crash and Burn@Apr 5 2014, 05:15 PM

Also should point out this was the year of redistbution and Mcarther was turned into a DFD man
701 didn't get along with him so figured might as well get what we can and MacArthur is a stud as was proved by him being a top 4 defenseman on the team going to the conference finals Tongue Not a great trade but worked with what we had

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Apr 5 2014, 05:21 PM

701 didn't get along with him so figured might as well get what we can and MacArthur is a stud as was proved by him being a top 4 defenseman on the team going to the conference finals Tongue Not a great trade but worked with what we had

Who does 701 like lol he basically hates the whole league at one point or the other

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Crash and Burn@Apr 5 2014, 05:24 PM

Who does 701 like lol he basically hates the whole league at one point or the other
Yeah I was trying to preserve him, Which didn't work out well

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Big plays Daigle strikes again.

Quote:Originally posted by Crash and Burn@Apr 5 2014, 04:24 PM

Sweg

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Apr 6 2014, 12:59 AM

Sweg
*Swag :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by Crash and Burn@Apr 5 2014, 05:24 PM

He likes me :wub:

Tongue

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Apr 6 2014, 01:19 AM

He likes me :wub:

Tongue
everyone likes you cutie :wub:

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Apr 6 2014, 12:21 AM

everyone likes you cutie :wub:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet a brief survey around the League would tell you that's not even remotely true. :lol:

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Apr 5 2014, 10:25 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I bet a brief survey around the League would tell you that's not even remotely true.  :lol:
:homo:

fack hallsy

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Apr 6 2014, 12:27 AM

:homo:

fack hallsy
Yeahthat

Riot Player Page Riot