Create Account

Flyers Offseason

A list of what they need to do:
1. Get Vinny off the team. Literally don't care what the return is
2. Get one of L. Schenn, MacDonald, or Grossmann off the team. Would expect a marginal return for Schenn but the other two, I couldn't care less
2a. If completed, sign Anton Stralman whose cap dollars are going to be significantly less than Niskanen's.
3. Draft one of Honka, McKeown, DeAngelo, or Sanheim if they don't move the pick
4. Don't rush the young guys to the NHL because they're shiny new toys. Laughton, Gostisbehere, and Hagg all need at least a half season in the AHL
5. Get Rinaldo and Rosehill off the team. Will take future considerations. Don't care if they're healthy scratches either. Just keep them off the ice
5a. Sign a fourth liner with a skill that helps your team win hockey games
6. Sign Brayden Schenn. Hopefully for <4M
6a. If you decide to trade Brayden, get a good, young defenseman for him or a projected high pick in next year's draft. Hopefully not though
7. STAY AWAY FROM THE BIG NAMES IN FA
8. Hartnell on Schenn's line. That line killed it in the short time they were together

Projected Roster (what will probably be the case):
Hartnell-G-Voracek
Raffl-Schenn-Simmonds
Akeson-Coots-Read
Bellemare-Hall-Rinaldo
Rosehill

Timonen-Coburn
Grossmann-Streit
MacDonald-Schenn

Mason
(insert backup goalie here)

My hopeful, realistic roster:
Read-G-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
Akeson-Coots-Raffl
Bellemare-Malhotra-Hall

Timonen-Coburn
Schenn-Stralman
Streit-MacDonald

Mason
(backup)

My unrealistic, sweet ass roster:
Read-G-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
Akeson-Coots-Raffl
Bellemare-Malhotra-Hall

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Stralman
Gardiner-Nikitin

Mason
(Backup)

I don't get how the last one is THAT unrealistic unless Taylor Hall is the guy on the 4th line.

Also weird seeing how shitty your wing depth is and how decrepit your defense is.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

I heard Vinny was pretty good when healthy. Is it his consistency issues?

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Jun 15 2014, 12:09 AM
I don't get how the last one is THAT unrealistic unless Taylor Hall is the guy on the 4th line.

Also weird seeing how shitty your wing depth is and how decrepit your defense is.
Because the Flyers are too stupid to rid themselves of the liabilities on the back end. They love guys like Grossmann, Schenn, and AMac who generate more defense than offense. Our wing depth is shitty because the only thing we drafted were fucking centers for the past 10 years. We haven't drafted and held on to a solid winger since Gagne in 1998. Our D is terrible. Probably the worst for a team that can make the playoffs and yet we still did and we pushed the EC champs to 7 games. All thanks to Claude and his magical ability to play hockey well. Honestly, no bias here (ok, maybe a little) but I think that Claude should win one award this year. Without him, the Flyers are a bottom feeder. The same really can't be said for PIT without Crosby and ANA without Getzlaf

Quote:Originally posted by Boomcheck@Jun 15 2014, 12:15 AM
I heard Vinny was pretty good when healthy. Is it his consistency issues?
Except he wasn't. He's lost a step and a half. He dragged down every line he was on. B. Schenn could have easily had a 50-55 point campaign if it wasn't for stupid Vinny. His cap hit is abominable for a 4th line player and he just needs to go. We don't need him and he doesn't fit here

To Toronto
Vincent Lecavalier

To Philadelphia
Tim Gleason
Tyler Biggs

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jun 15 2014, 01:31 AM
To Toronto
Vincent Lecavalier

To Philadelphia
Tim Gleason
Tyler Biggs
Why would the Flyers need another over the hill, slow, defensive defenseman? I'll take Biggs and a low pick though