James Harden
2012 2nd round pick
2013 1st round pick (PHX)

OKC Gets:

Kyrie Irving (A+ Potential)
Tristan Thompson

was it worth it to trade Westbrook???

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

This was a mistake of a trade IMO. With the first trade I wasn't sure what direction you were going with the team as Nash, while I love him, is getting very old and a first to go with him. Kind of seemed odd to give up a great young star for an old star who has 2 or 3 years left and a first that might never play as good as the 23 year old Westbrook you currently own...had owned.

Then the trade got worse. Everything you gained from the Phoenix deal was moved with an extra assets (2nd round pick and another player) for younger players who are currently less talented then the players you started with. The end result was something like this:

Russell Westbrook (23)
James Harden (22)
(two young players every bit as talented as the two you traded for and maybe more so)
2012 2nd round pick

For

Kyrie Irving (20)
Tristan Thompson (19)

If it was an even trade player for player it would have been fine even though you would have been pushing your team back another year or two while these players developed. I'll be honest can't say I like the trade.

BUT what do I know, I don't follow basketball at all really. :lol:

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Quote:Originally posted by spidey@Feb 11 2012, 09:34 AM
This was a mistake of a trade IMO.  With the first trade I wasn't sure what direction you were going with the team as Nash, while I love him, is getting very old and a first to go with him.  Kind of seemed odd to give up a great young star for an old star who has 2 or 3 years left and a first that might never play as good as the 23 year old Westbrook you currently own...had owned.

Then the trade got worse.  Everything you gained from the Phoenix deal was moved with an extra assets (2nd round pick and another player) for younger players who are currently less talented then the players you started with.  The end result was something like this:

Russell Westbrook (23)
James Harden (22)
(two young players every bit as talented as the two you traded for and maybe more so)
2012 2nd round pick

For

Kyrie Irving (20)
Tristan Thompson (19)

If it was an even trade player for player it would have been fine even though you would have been pushing your team back another year or two while these players developed.  I'll be honest can't say I like the trade.

BUT what do I know, I don't follow basketball at all really. :lol:

Ya, I agree with you. I couldn't get Westbrook going so I said fuck it and traded him. Irving was my ultimate goal. 17 points going in the fourth quarter of my game right now. I'd say hes doing pretty good.

I also dont watch basketball either :lol:

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]