Create Account

CW S19

Under order of JHL, I've moved this here because I wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to earn the TPE from the actual thread.

Quote:Tast 1: PM'd

Task 2: I think that the Steelhawks, if it were not for Joe McKeil being captain, would have a great captain in David Winter. I've only been here a very short time, and I can already tell that David is not only a great guy, but a leader, and a role model. From what I've read about him, he is vocal, not afraid to speak up and defend a team mate, and if absolutely necessary, he will overstep his boundaries and protect his peers.
I hope to learn more and more about David as I spend more time on these forums. My personal draft class is coming up, and I hope that I can make a big an impact on my team as it seems David has made on his.

It's pretty rare in real life to find someone who is equally skilled and knowledgeable. I, personally, am like that, and that's why I'm captain of my team in real life. But as rare as it is to find someone like that in the real world, it seems that the Steelhawks and the SHL have found someone like that online.

I'll say again that I've only been part of the SHL for a very short time, but I've looked into the teams and researched the players. From what I've seen, not only is David a leader, but David is someone the Steelhawks turn to in times of desperation. When they need something big to happen, David Winter steps up to the plate, and he bat's 1.000.

I hope eventually one day I can be that player (or goalie, in my case) that the team turns to when in need of something big. David Winter is a role model, and I can already say that I look up to him, and hope will well in the future. Smile

Task 3: [Image: GBkg3zl.png]

Task 4: It's hard to say which team is going to win, because I've only been here for a short while. But after taking a look at all the players from both rosters, and checking out their stats, strengths and weaknesses, I can say that I think that Hamilton is going to win.
Hamilton has a pretty stacked line up, but then again, so does Winnipeg. But with Hamilton, you've got surefire hall of famers in Joe McKeil, David Winter, and even Ivo Willems. Winnipeg doesn't have such leadership or experience on their team. There's also the fact that Hamilton has some stacked defense. They've got players like Hall, Sto Helit, Schultz, among others. They are all heavy hitting, head smart defenseman with the ability to put the puck in the net when they need to, and they are premier defenders. The only place I would say that Hamilton is beat is in the goaltending. Prikulius is a star goalie, someone I hope to be like. But that's not to take away from Hamiltons goaltending, not at all. They've still got a solid goalie in Ask, but his numbers are just slightly lower than Prikulius's.

It's a tough thing to call being a newbie in the league, but I believe that Hamilton is going to pull through to win it all. They're made up of young and upcoming guys, all star players, perrenial hall of fame selections and they have all got good heads on their shoulders. With the right combination of speed, skill, and muscle, Hamilton has a chance to smash, bash, skate and snipe their way through Winnipeg to claim the crown jewel, somewhere I hope to be one day. Although Winnipeg is just as good as Hamilton, the dust cloud will settle over the final fight and hoisting the cup will be Hamilton.

Task 5: After the bright lights, flashing sirens and glaring horns die down, the crowd slows to a dull roar, and right before the cup makes its way onto the ice, the annual Finals MVP is announced. This year, it will go to either Joe McKeil, or Lauris Prikulis.

In the 12 games before the championship, Joe McKeil raked in 4 goals and 11 assists for 14 points total. At that time, he was leading his team, and leading the league, in playoff scoring. He has also been extremely physical, and extremely durable. He's racked up over 40 hits in almost 24:00 TOI a night. He's also an excellent center man, winning over 50 percent of his faceoffs. Considering how big faceoffs can be in the playoffs, that's an important, and extremely good, number. Night in and night out, McKeil has brought the thunder for Hamilton. He's arguably their most important player, high in skill and leadership qualities. All playoffs long, he's been a star using his unique tactics that aren't found in a lot of stars. The captain of the Hamilton Steelhawks will be the one hoisting up that MVP trophy if the Steelhawks are victorious.

However, if the Hamilton Steelhawks don't prevail, but fall to the Winnipeg Jets, it will be their start goalie Lauris Prikulis holding the MVP award. Not only is he of Latvian decent, a place that only has 3 hockey rinks in the entire country, but he's been playing the best hockey he's ever played, and has been making key saves and winning big games. He made 44 saves in a double over time game during the first series, one of the turning points for Winnipeg. He's also been maintaining amazing playoff numbers, with a 2.54 goals against average and .918 save percentage. But even his numbers dont do him justice or attest the countless saves he's made that some may consider impossible. The best part is, Prikulis is only just entering his prime, and he'll be even better next year and the year after.

Even though I predict Hamilton to win the cup, it's really a blind prediction.
Both of these teams are stacked to the top with star power and furute hall of famers, Prikulis and McKeil being two of those. I can't wait to watch the action and find out who our cup winners, and our MVP winners, will turn out to be.