Create Account

Rookies Longford and Kane score first career goals Blizzard win 1st game, drop 2nd in SO

[Image: 167210645.jpg]
Longford sliding the puck in between Jackson Weekes' legs for his first SHL goal

The additions of rookies Theo Kane, Mark Longford and Jackson-Rogers Tanaka to the Edmonton Blizzard's roster are already paying off.

Longford scored his first career goal during the Blizzard's season opener, giving Edmonton a 2-1 lead against the Los Angeles Panthers. Kane opened the scoring for his first SHL marker as well, putting the puck past Winnipeg Jets goaltender Lauris Prikulis. Rogers-Tanaka garnered an assist in both games.

The Blizzard opened their season on home ice at Rexall Place against the LA Panthers, after finishing S20 just points out of a playoff spot. They hoped that the injection of young talent into the lineup would help them out when they elected to keep Longford, Kane and JRT in the roster for this year. After early goals from both teams, the game was knotted at 1 apiece until 12 minutes into the first period. Rogers-Tanaka made a cross-ice pass to Magnus Vikstrand, who saw an opening and sauced it onto Longford's stick, giving him a breakaway. Weekes came out to challenge Longford, but neglected to react quickly enough as Longford snapped it into his five hole and past the goal line for his first career SHL goal. The game eventually ended in a 3-2 victory for the Blizzard, and Longford was handed the puck in the locker room.

"Great feeling to have my first goal already," Longford commented to reporters, "get that monkey off my back early."

Just the day afterwards, the Blizzard traveled to Winnipeg for their first road game of the season. 6 minutes in, a pretty passing play by Muerto and Vikstrand ended with the puck leaving Theo Kane's stick, scoring his first SHL goal and opening the score 1-0 for Edmonton. Although the Blizzard lost the game 4-3 in a shootout, Kane's first goal was a highlight of it.

[Image: 8000422.jpg]
Theo Kane, celebrating his first career goal with his teammates

Jackson-Rogers Tanaka has shown his potential as a top-pairing defenseman in both games. Making sharp passes and good plays, he has 2 assists and 6 hits, leading Blizzard defensemen in that category.

The Edmonton Blizzard are set to face the Calgary Dragons tomorrow as they cap off their two-game road trip. Be sure to look out for these rookies to make an impact against the Blizzard's cross-province rivals.

Yeah... Never use E Kane for him again.

Quote:Originally posted by Leonidas@Nov 29 2014, 07:50 PM

Y.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Go Blizzard Go!!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

He's salty

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard

Great stuff man, awesome to see you guys off to a fast start!

I was reconsidering using that picture because of you, actually lol. If it really bothers you that much, I'll stop, but I gotta keep dat continuity going.

Quote:Originally posted by M-Dawg@Nov 29 2014, 09:58 PM

I was reconsidering using that picture because of you, actually lol. If it really bothers you that much, I'll stop, but I gotta keep dat continuity going.

[Image: kane2_display_image.jpg?1320086373]

Stick to this one

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

ill photoshop ekane sucking a cock how u like dat

Discord are for plebs

[Image: tumblr_m5kt77IUyI1rt73joo1_500.gif]

Longford making the Whalers proud

Quote:Originally posted by ,Nov 30 2014@ 05:07 AM

ill photoshop ekane sucking a cock how u like dat

Yes pls

Quote:Originally posted by M-Dawg@Nov 30 2014, 12:58 AM

Aww at least you thought about me. o:-) You can use my pics just pay for each picture I'm in. Tongue

Longford is a god

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Quote:Originally posted by Count Chocula+Nov 30 2014, 12:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Count Chocula @ Nov 30 2014, 12:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

[Image: kane2_display_image.jpg?1320086373]

Stick to this one[/b]

Gotta hire someone to photoshop the big monster in skates Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by mryourface2468@Nov 30 2014, 09:07 AM<br />Longford making the Whalers proud
Quote:Originally posted by AP@Nov 30 2014, 12:58 PM<br />Longford is a god

Whalers forever Cheers

<!--QuoteBegin-Leonidas@Nov 30 2014, 10:15 AM

Aww at least you thought about me.  o:-) You can use my pics just pay for each picture I'm in. Tongue
[/quote]

Welp, looks like I'm switching Kanes :lol: