Create Account

Where Will Laflamme Land? First Round Pick

<div align="center">Pierre-Luc Laflamme – 1st Round Prospect

There is no doubt that Pierre-Luc Laflamme (Captain – Vancouver Whalers) is a first round prospect in the upcoming S22 SHL Entry Draft. A highly-skilled player that currently leads his class in TPE and should maintain that lead through draft day. His peers most recently voted him as a Top 10 player and he will be a franchise type player for whatever team is lucky enough to land him. With a knack for scoring and his leadership abilities, look for him to go early and light the lamp for seasons to come.

[Image: 6.jpg]

Let’s take a look at potential suitors in the order of the draft!
</div>

1. Los Angeles Panthers (via Minnesota Chiefs) - Panthers
- The Panthers made a big move to grab the 1st overall pick in this year’s draft. They gained Jorma Ruutu as well as Minnesota’s 2nd round pick next year. With the loss of Hauke in the trade however, could they be aiming for help on the wing? Ruutu is a prospect that will fill in nicely. But Laflamme could step in and make an immediate impact. Down the road he could fill spots left by either retirement or surpassing expectations statistically. Obviously any prospect would love to be remembered as a number 1 pick, but Laflamme has the opportunity become the face of a franchise and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him go 1st overall.

2. Toronto North Stars (via Manhattan Rage) – Rage
- The North Stars moved winger Jaime Hawkins and the 19th overall pick to move up to the number 2 slot. With Hawkins desire to leave Toronto, it leaves a hole at right wing. Could the North Stars be looking to fill the gap with young blood? Laflamme would be a perfect fit at this spot and is projected in most mock drafts so far to be taken right here. He could earn top 6 minutes pretty quickly and help immensely in the rebuild of Toronto. However, if Toronto decides to go in a different direction, could Laflamme go to the…

3. Winnipeg Jets – Jets
- The Jets hold their own choice at Number 3. Ranked 11th at both offense and defense in a media article, there is a chance for the Jets to go with either a top forward or defenseman with this pick. PLL could solidify the lineup for years to come, being a role player at first and eventually filling out the Top 6. The Jets would be wise to grab Laflamme if they want a keystone player for the future.

4. Toronto North Stars (via Calgary Dragons, via Edmonton Blizzard) – Stars
- Toronto acquired this pick and the 19th overall pick by sending off Yousuf Scherbluk and a 3rd round choice this year. With the loss off Scherbluk it shows even more that Toronto is rehabbing the front lines. Again, Laflamme would be a great fit here with a rebuilding team and could anchor top lines for seasons to come. There’s a good chance Laflamme won’t be here by this pick.

5. Hamilton Steelhawks (via West Kendall Platoon) – Steelhawks
- Most recently projected as having the 8th best offense in the league, the Eastern Conference Champs could bolster their lineup by adding in Laflamme. They bolster some good, young players…but currently lack depth. PLL could play the tough minutes on the 3rd/4th line, or even stay in Vancouver another season and come into the SHL swinging for the fences!

6. Toronto North Stars – Stars
- We’ve talked about Laflamme and his fit the North Stars, if they are going to take him, it’ll most likely happen with the number 2 pick to eliminate any risk of not getting him.

7. Minnesota Chiefs (via Los Angeles Panthers) – Chiefs
- The Chiefs gained offense weapon Jackson Hauke in the trade out of the number 1 spot. They also dropped down to the number 7 pick. Even with the addition of Hauke, the Chiefs lack offensive fire power to take them to the next level. They are fairly stacked with young, high potential players that could make this team a powerhouse in the near future. Laflamme could be a key piece on this team and help build a team to dominate. There’s a chance he could jump right into a Top 6 role as a true freshman and make an immediate impact.

8. Los Angeles Panthers (via Edmonton Blizzard) – Panthers
- The Panthers acquired this pick, a 3rd round pick and the rights to D - Ondrej Ravchitikov in a massive trade, sending out 2 defenseman, a 2nd rounder next, and their 1st rounder in S25. This obviously leaves a hole in their defense, in which they will more than likely address. However, again Laflamme could have the opportunity to play another season in the SMJHL and gained enough TPE to solidify this team for quite some time.

9. Hamilton Steelhawks (via New England Wolfpack) – Steelhawks
- Pretty much went over how PLL would fit with the Steelhawks back at pick 5. Considering this will be the last first round pick they have for awhile…If Laflamme falls this far to them, It would be a mistake not to take him here.

10. Seattle Riot – Riot
- The Riot has arguably the most firepower currently in the SHL. Not only that, but they have a good core group and great prospects coming up in Leonidas and Parker. Pierr-eLuc more than likely wouldn’t have a role in Seattle at this point and would look to bolster there defense. However, if they want to stack their roster and look forward to having the Top Line in the league, they could shore up Laflamme and lock up a playoff spot for seasons to come.

11. West Kendall Platoon (via Texas Renegade) - Platoon
- West Kendall swapped some picks in order to take the 11th overall pick here. WKP was recently projected to have the 10th best offense in the league. The Platoon has locked down a good majority of their croe for long term in recent deals but could always add in a top tier prospect to the mix as well. While it is doubtful that Laflamme falls this far... At this point he would be snatched up immediately to add depth to an already established core forward group.

Just In Case: Texas Renegades – Renegades
- Basically the same story here with the Renegades as it is with the Riot. Boasting a stacked offense with a lot of players, more than likely not a place Laflamme will land. However, would be a tremendous value here if Laflamme were to somehow end up here...and it would be considered the steal of the century at this point, regardless of who was still on the board. A another franchise player on a team stacked with franchise players…That’s a deadly combination.

Quote:Word Count: 1127

Good read man! and good luck in the draft Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

If I were you I'd drop to NEW.

Not that it matter since you'll be taken way beforehand, but Platoon has the Texas pick at 11. :ph34r:

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

If I had kept the #2 sekection, there's nobody else I wanted more :((

Best of luck on draft day. You will enjoy any franchise that selects you

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

You were one of 2 guys I was looking at for pick 1.

No way you drop past 4.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Texas doesn't even have their first round pick Tongue

or second Smile)

i think our chances of landing LaFlamme in the final pick of the 3rd round puts us in 15th place Smile)

[Image: livius.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jan 19 2015, 07:15 PM
Not that it matter since you'll be taken way beforehand, but Platoon has the Texas pick at 11.  :ph34r:

Crap, i didnt see that one...Ill have to edit it soon :facepalm:

EDITED!

Stars

I need someone my players age. Wink

I heard rumours that LA is looking at a D man, so if that rumour is true, then I see you going to Stars ! Best of luck tomorrow Laflamme! I'll see ya in Calgary Towel Yay

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dmoushey_31@Jan 19 2015, 02:39 PM

Crap, i didnt see that one...Ill have to edit it soon&nbsp; :facepalm:

EDITED!

West Kendall doesn't have ziggler or Satan....

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Andybj@Jan 19 2015, 08:18 PM

annddd i was looking at the Jets. Damn cities that start with "W" ya know!?

Quote:Originally posted by Dmoushey_31@Jan 19 2015, 03:20 PM

annddd i was looking at the Jets. Damn cities that start with "W" ya know!?

no big deal. You can talk about Bojo and me and Jed, especially me I am your Czechoslovakia head coach Smile

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Andybj@Jan 19 2015, 05:18 PM

Ya, don't group us with those scrubs Wink

It's a good thing Laflamme is being drafted to score goals and not do team reports...though he did have some trouble scoring...