Create Account

What I Know About The SMJHL Teams: It May Not Be Much, But It Is Something

Well, it’s almost draft time( I hope). I decided I would just write up a quick piece talking about what I know about the SMJHL teams so far. Let me preface this by saying this should all be taken lightly. I’d happily be drafted to any team, and would love the chance to play for any of the six. That being said, let’s get started.

Falcons Falcons Detroit Falcons: Falcons Falcons
I remember I really followed Detroit when I was growing up. They were one of the few American teams and I’m pretty sure they were the closest ones to New Jersey. One specific memory I have is sneaking into the living room to watch the end of the championship game. I think it was season 9 maybe? I can remember a bunch of guys from that team. Drizzy, Smirnov, Adua, and the funny thing was their was actually another guy named Steven Esposito. That is one of my most vivid memories of watching hockey as a kid. I also have had a few run ins with one of their GMs, Tommy Creller. He seems like he is a great GM and doing a great job, along with Esa (who I have yet to met). Detroit may not be the best city, but it is certainly a great hockey town and would be an awesome place to get drafted to.

:impact: :impact: Montreal Impact :impact: :impact:
The impact are another one of those teams that I remember watching when I was younger. I’m pretty sure that they had JNH, but don’t quote me on that. I really don’t know much about the team currently but how can you go wrong with Montreal? It is one of the best, if not the best hockey markets in the world. It’s more than just a sport there, it is pretty much a religion. I haven’t met either of the GM’s but clearly they both know what it takes to win, since they are both members of the Renegades. I would be thrilled to go to Montreal to start my career. I just might need to learn some French. I really feel like I would be able to make a huge IMPACT. :facepalm:

Scarecrows Scarecrows St.Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows
I barely know anything about the Scarecrows, but what I do know is great. First of all, the scarecrow is an awesome Batman villain. Don’t get me wrong, he is no Joker, but I think he is really underrated as a villain. Anyways, St.Louis is a great town. They aren’t just a hockey town, they are a sports town. Their fans are extremely dedicated and would be great to play in front of. Plus it would also be cool to stay in America. Once again, I don’t know either of the GMs. They both have established careers in the SHL so I’m sure that they know a thing or two. Both of them have won multiple SHL Championships too. It seems as if they would be great guys to learn from.

Knights Knights Kelowna Knights Knights Knights
Ok, I am gonna be perfectly honest. I am not exactly sure where in Canada Kelowna actually is. If I had to guess I’d say somewhere around Calgary or Winnipeg? I’m sure that is completely wrong and I apologize. The Knights have an awesome logo though and the whole name just flows. Kel-own-a Kni-ght-s. I might be crazy, but that just sounds really cool in my head. It would be great to play in front of Canadians to start my career because you know what they say: Canadians are crazy for hockey. Oh yeah, there is also the fact that they are the champs. Who doesn’t want to play for the champs? Jedi looks like he is doing a great job there and they seem like they will have a real shot to repeat, based on management alone.

:force: :force: Regina Force :force: :force:
Regina: Once again I have no idea in Canada where this place is. I guess I’ll say it is near Kelowna. I know I could just look this up, but that isn’t any fun. That moose logo is bad ass too. I’ve never seen a mountie or a moose in person but a Mountie-Moose is just awesome. Very intimidating I must say. It would be cool to get somewhere pretty far away from Jersey though just to get a better idea of what Canada is like. Lundvigsen looks like he is doing a great job as a GM. He also plays for the Rage who were my favorite team growing up, since they were the closest. Zerchai- I think I spelt that right- looks like he has a great plan for the future of the team.

Whalers Whalers Vancouver Whalers Whalers Whalers
Vancouver: Ahhh. Finally a place in Canada that I know where it is. First of all, they have a great color-combination. I love the green and blue together. Something about it just seems like it would be awesome to wear. And you know the fans in Vancouver are extremely passionate too. Any player who be thrilled to play for a team like that. Scherbluk looks like he is a great GM, plus that Stamkos signature he has is just amazing. And then you have a guy like Wong who is just an amazing legend. It even says so in his title. He also has an awesome Temmu sig who is an another legend. These two guys clearly know what they are doing and could make Vancouver a real scary threat next year.

Welp that is pretty much all I have to say. Take everything I said here with a grain of salt. I said it once, I'll say it again, I’d be thrilled to go to any of these teams and cannot wait for the draft.
Thanks for reading guys, hope you enjoyed it!!

Whalers

Also, you don't know where Montreal is?

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Whalers

Kelowna is in British Columbia
Also Go Knights Go

Whalers bae Whalers

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

No one cares where any of the Canadian teams are tbh

Scarecrows

Knights

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Jan 28 2015, 07:23 AM
Whalers

Also, you don't know where Montreal is?

That one was a given, figured I didn't even need to address it

THE REGINA LOGO IS A MOOSE????????? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL SO THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!!

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jan 28 2015, 09:38 AM
THE REGINA LOGO IS A MOOSE????????? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL SO THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!!

Rice before finding out:

[Image: be3.gif]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Lol whenever I saw it before, I'd be like yo what the heck is that? And whenever I'd see Force players insert that moose logo in pictures and sigs I'd be like "Wow, they're so creative..."

LOL

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jan 28 2015, 09:42 AM
Lol whenever I saw it before, I'd be like yo what the heck is that? And whenever I'd see Force players insert that moose logo in pictures and sigs I'd be like "Wow, they're so creative..."

LOL

Oh Jed.

Yeah I had no clue at all that was a Moose.

I didn't even try to figure out. I also just figured out like 2 years ago the Minnesota Wild logo was a bear.

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jan 28 2015, 09:40 AM
No one cares where any of the Canadian teams are tbh

Scarecrows

party pls

Quote:Originally posted by wilson7913@Jan 28 2015, 10:45 AM
Yeah I had no clue at all that was a Moose.

I didn't even try to figure out. I also just figured out like 2 years ago the Minnesota Wild logo was a bear.

Nobody ever knew about the Minnesota Wild 2 years ago, you know? Not even the owners.
But, with all due respect, Regina is a bit easier. Unless you really were seeing a male organ. :ph34r: