Player Information:
Name: Michael Boychuk
Position: LD/RD - Shoots Right
Details: 6'2", 195 lbs
Place of Birth: Vancouver, BC, Canada

----------------------------
[Image: oliver_ekman_larsson_phoenix_101113.jpg]
----------------------------

As far as fame goes, defenseman Michael Boychuk is fairly unknown in that regard. When one first takes a glance at the name Boychuk, fans of the VHL might have it ring a bell in their memory. There is a reason for this, and it is that Michael is centerman Travis Boychuk's cousin. Travis currently plays at the VHL level for the Quebec City Meute, and is a 2 time All-Star who won the trophy for Rookie of the Year in his first season. While Travis hails from Ukraine, Michael's family has lived in Canada for quite some time. Michael Boychuk was born in Vancouver, Canada and has been groomed into hockey since being at a young age. Canadians are known to take a liking to hockey, and Michael is definitely someone who thrives in the sport. Playing high school hockey since he had the chance, he developed into a well relied upon defender with a great upside in offense.

Anyone who has watched Michael knows what kind of talent he has. He has a pass-first mentality and is a superb puck moving defenseman. His passing is on another level from his age group as he's known to complete tape-to-tape passes with ease. If you're a forward looking for the puck, be sure to be on Boychuk's radar. One thing to note, is that he has never exactly been a physical presence on the ice. While he's great at taking the puck away from the opposition, he's not one to use his body very often and doesn't like to get too physical. He's been known fairly well as a prominent goal scorer for his teams as a quarterback defenseman and is reliable in his own end at the same time. Michael isn't afraid to let his feet loose either, as he can fly past defenders to the front of the net if he chooses to do so. Michael Boychuk is an excellent two-way defender that any team can depend on.

With all this stated, we bring to you an interview with the rising star:

Interviewer: As a notable defenseman ready for the SMJHL draft, why should teams be looking to land you as one of their own?
MB: I truly believe that I can become one of the better defenders in junior and eventually the SHL. I know I'm generally not known too well worldwide, but I'm hoping that my cousin can attract some more attention for me at the very least. I'm looking to become a staple on the blue line for whoever chooses to believe in me.

Interviewer: Are there any teams that you are specifically looking to play for?
MB: Obviously being born in Vancouver there could be a preference there, but to me it doesn't really matter. Any team that takes me I'll try my hardest no matter what. There is no real favouritism for me as I'm just aiming to take my career to the next step. What I want is to win, and if they can give me that chance then that's all I can ask for.

Interviewer: What are your expectations for your rookie season, point-wise?
MB: My aim is to probably obtain at least 30 points, but I can't give a concrete answer in that regard. As long as I'm producing to what my coach wants of me then I'll be happy. If I can be an MVP defender then I'll do just that but nothing is that simple.

--------------------------
[Image: Oliver+Ekman+Larsson+Carter+Hutton+axuzT-6jPKMm.jpg]
--------------------------

Interviewer:
Is there any specific skill that you are wanting to train the most in your beginning season?
MB: What I want the most is to continue to excel at my passing game. Play making and puck movement are most important to me while I want to still be reliable in front of my own net.

Interviewer:
As an avid VHL watcher, I've taken a liking to your cousin Travis. Are there any parts of his game that you want to make your own?
MB: Travis has always been known as a terrific play maker himself, so I think it's fantastic that we both possess that skill in similar ways. If I can develop into the kind of star that he has become in that league, then I would be ecstatic. I will continue to try my best at improving my skating, passing and puck handling as priorities with an obvious nod to defense. As a defenseman I feel like I shouldn't have to state that is my main concern.

Interviewer: At which point of the draft do you expect to be drafted, if you go there?
MB: I have no real concern on when I get drafted. A number is just a number to me and if it's late then it will be my goal to surpass expectations. If I go early then that will be great, and I will prove that it was the right decision. I won't have any ill thoughts on any team that passes on me.

Interviewer: Who in the big leagues of the world would you say your style of play is similar to, if any?
MB: I've always attempted to model my game after players like Kevin Shattenkirk or Mark Giordano of the NHL. Both are amazing puck moving defenders in their own right and have been known as some of the bests in the sport. I will continue to try and improve up to their standards.

Interviewer: Where do you expect to get drafted?
MB: I think with my cousin having some success in the VHL, my name can convince some GM's to select me earlier than expected. I predict that I will go 10 or lower, but I would want top 10.

Interviewer: What are your plans in terms of activity and success?
MB: I expect myself to be quite active in the league and make a name for myself. One might think with my agent's activity in the VHL it could impact him here, but I don't think it will. It is simply my main goal to achieve a championship at any level I play in, so in terms of success I'm hoping for a lot.

Interviewer: If your team's star center gets drilled from behind , would you drop your gloves and try to teach the bad guy?
MB: You're damn right I would. I will protect my own if the opportunity presents itself. There will be no cheap shots against my team.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]

Where do you expect to get drafted?

What are your plans with Boychuk in terms of activity & success?

Teams star center gets drilled from behind , would you drop your gloves and try to teach the bad guy?

This can be graded.

Might as well get the first MS out of the way, since I can always write another. Wink

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]

Quote:Originally posted by DollarAndADream@Feb 3 2015, 09:28 AM
This can be graded.

Might as well get the first MS out of the way, since I can always write another. Wink
There's no max for how many MS you can write in a week. The sky's the limit brotha.