Secondary Position:Lw
Born:1994
Shoots: Left
Recruited By: Sirmore
Jersey Number:9
Height (ft.):5'11
Weight (lbs.):180
Birthplace:Russia

Smirnov is a season 22 draftee selected by the West Kendall Platoon. The small winger hails from Russia,but after that not much is known about him. Smirnov is a dynamic young talent who has worked his way up the ranks all the way up to the SMJHL where he currently plays for the Kelowna Knights. He will almost certainly be up with the big club next season, as he aims to show West Kendall why they picked the right man.

Strengths
Passing: 87
Skating: 85
Puck Handling: 82

Smirnov is a smaller stature player who prefers to set him teammates up for a big goal rather than score it himself. He is among the best in his class at setting his teammates up and wants to continue down that path. Being a smaller player means he must remain elusive, which is why Smirnov has worked so hard on his skating, and will continue to make sure he can avoid the big checks. You combine his elusive speed with good hands and you have all the tools of a solid play making winger, as long as he can overcome his height in the big leagues.

Weaknesses
Checking: 54
Scoring: 75
Strength: 78

I do not think this will come as a surprise to anyone, but being a smaller stature player means Smirnov shy's away from physical play. For a play maker his scoring is not to bad. but it certainly is not as aspect you would point to him and count on on a regular basis.Another surprise comes in the form of his strength for a smaller guy he is a decent strength, again though like scoring he certainly will not over power you or wow you in any way.

NHL Comparison: Ales Hemsky

SHL Projection: Smirnov has shown solid work ethic capable of becoming a solid top line player in the future, however we feel his size may hold him back from his true potential. As of right now we feel given his size he is top 6 or bust, but his upside is that of a first line play making winger.

West Kendall

I like this, but the attributes are before he spends his 100+ banked tpe

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Mar 31 2015, 12:18 PM
I like this, but the attributes are before he spends his 100+ banked tpe

i know but i cant guess what hes going to spend them on so i have to go by his player page.

West Kendall