Create Account

Aaron Hernandez Verdict thread

Because the jury has reached a verdict apparently, to be announced.

Guilty of 1st Degree Murder, Life without Parole

Eh, everybody knew he was guilty anyway

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Tbh I knew he was guilty of at least being at the scene but I thought he'd get off. I'm no lawyer but alotta people were saying they only had circumstantial evidence which made sense.

But anyways this dude likely killed 2-3 people. You can make like 50+ million over your career as a star player for a big time franchise or spend most of your life in jail. Hmm tough choice :lol:

Lack of murder weapon, lack of solid motive, only circumstantial evidence. Either the Defense fucked up big time or the Prosecution made magic happen

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Apr 15 2015, 11:37 AM
Tbh I knew he was guilty of at least being at the scene but I thought he'd get off. I'm no lawyer but alotta people were saying they only had circumstantial evidence which made sense.
This. He'll serve 20 years in jail, that makes him like 46... then (if he doesn't get any other murder charges which is fully possible), he'll get out.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Quote:Originally posted by Panda@Apr 15 2015, 10:39 AM

This. He'll serve 20 years in jail, that makes him like 46... then (if he doesn't get any other murder charges which is fully possible), he'll get out.
1st degree murder. Life in jail without the possibility of parole

I thought he got a life sentence w/o parole? Also his lawyer admitted in court today that Hernandez was there...but there's really no way to know who actually killed him. Too bad Rob Kardashian wasn't around to be his lawyer lol.

Oh and I think he's gotta go to trial for two other murders so he'll never see the light of day again that's for sure lol

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Apr 15 2015, 11:39 AM

1st degree murder. Life in jail without the possibility of parole
Yeah, the article I was reading was wayy wrong. He'll get other charges to add on to this one.

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Apr 15 2015, 10:41 AM
I thought he got a life sentence w/o parole? Also his lawyer admitted in court today that Hernandez was there...but there's really no way to know who actually killed him. Too bad Rob Kardashian wasn't around to be his lawyer lol.

Oh and I think he's gotta go to trial for two other murders so he'll never see the light of day again that's for sure lol
Yeah I see an appeal that.could very well work. Jurors are supposed to only vote guilty if they are 100% sure hes guilty without a shadow of doubt. Especially as first degree. There is no concrete evidence from what I've seen. I'm legit pretty surprised they were able to pull that off

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Apr 15 2015, 10:41 AM

Life sentence is 20 years in jail.

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by ORIGINSZ@Apr 15 2015, 11:43 AM

I think it means that after 20 years, he is eligible for parole. With him not being eligible for parole, I think it actually is a life sentence. I was confused as well.

Quote:Originally posted by ORIGINSZ@Apr 15 2015, 10:43 AM

No... Life is life

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Apr 15 2015, 11:46 AM

No... Life is life
According to Mass.gov, life sentence is 15 years then a possibility for parole. They aren't guaranteed the chance to get parole, but the possibility is there. That's what he is referring to.

Quote:According to law, the possibility of parole begins at 15 years.&nbsp; Some inmates will merit parole at 15 years; some inmates will never merit parole and will serve several decades in prison.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/parole-...-decisions.html

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Apr 15 2015, 10:43 AM

Yeah I see an appeal that.could very well work. Jurors are supposed to only vote guilty if they are 100% sure hes guilty without a shadow of doubt. Especially as first degree. There is no concrete evidence from what I've seen. I'm legit pretty surprised they were able to pull that off

I just read that there's an auto appeal for a crime like this in Mass. I just don't really see how the jury can convict him if there's really no way to tell who actually shot him, unless who pulled the trigger doesn't matter idk lol.

If there's a possibility this can be reduced I could see it, but he's still got the other trial so I don't think it matters much :lol: