Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?

Reddit post on r/sabres

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

It took a little bit to get used to and am still learning. The beginner tutorial pages shown in the video are difficult to find (needed to find it for the excel player config page). I also had a hard time finding some of my older posts to link to my player update

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

Not too much. The video helped alot

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I used the video. Easy to follow and was able to look at the location of the forum page he was in by pausing the video and finding where I needed to be. Was confused when the one link you follow brings you to an archived thread.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Prospect tourny would be great. Player development camp similar to USNT U-20

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Find a better way to link pages. Maybe separate the forum tables into pages (1 page for locker room, 1 for getting stated,...)

1) How did you find us?
Known about the site from VHL.

Alot of sub forums, doesn't bother me as much but could be a problem for others.

Not really.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Nope

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
No idea.

Not sure to be honest, hide team sub forums?

I can't believe I missed this... Tongue

1) How did you find us?
Eastside Hockey Manager forum post on Steam.

Navigation wasn't too bad. There is a lot to read for a newcomer, so it was a little confusing, but not terrible. My biggest issue was the number of sub forums. It seemed like so much at first.

Between all the resources available, it was pretty easy to figure out. I used the video tutorial, and although some of it was outdated, it was still pretty helpful.

Yes, I found it quite helpful, even if parts of it were outdated.

I joined after the draft, so I didn't have to wait, but I think that a prospect tournament is a great way to get people involved.

The resources are all there. I'm not sure how to make it easier. Maybe limit what a new player can see for forums until their player gets accepted. I know that when I first got here, the huge number of subforums was a bit intimidating.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

I missed this too.. How the hell?

1) How did you find us? Combination of Google and browsing some sports boards. HFBoards and STHS

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It is, but it looks extremely overwhelming

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No, just took me a while though

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No I didn't, I was familiar a bit with STHS before this

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Well I joined very early, and the focus isn't even on the SMJHL draft yet, but some type of tournament or something like that would be awesome

Maybe have it easier to show new players what to do after creating your player. I found the First Task PT by browsing, it would be nice to have to include that in your player build or direct them to that after creating your player

1) How did you find us?
Recommended by deknegt.

Reasonably. There's a lot to get through but nothing you can't get used to.

None.

I did not.

One-off games between prospect sides would be fun. It'd be a nice introduction to what goes on.

I found the capped and uncapped TPE references in some of the guides to be extremely confusing as I was setting up my updates page, especially now that I've found out it's apparently all uncapped.

1) How did you find us? A poster on HFBoards recommended it to me. GemLife on here.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It's a little overwhelming at first but the posters on here are great and helped tremendously.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? The video seems a little outdated but I figured it out after a bit.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I did use both and the video isn't as up to date as the site and I had to look for some things.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect tournament sounds great. I'll be writing articles and trying to grow my player as best as I can.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Partner with a hockey discussion board that can recommend this site to new users.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

1) How did you find us?

My friend, Carousel182, suggested it, looked like fun!

A bit confusing at first but I'm slowly finding my way around!

A bit, a couple things in the tutorial didn't match up but nothing I couldn't figure out

I used the video tutorial and I would have been mostly lost without it, a couple things didn't match up as I said earlier but it was very helpful overall

Prospect Tourney! We're gonna win it alllllll!

An easier to navigate interface and an updated tutorial! Other than that it's great!

1) How did you find us? I registered a few years ago but was always more active on the VHL. I prefer the larger member base and more organized league over here so i'll be sticking around. GemLife brought me back the second time only a few weeks ago.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Yes and no. Difficult learning about TPE, TPE caps but I was able to get the hang of it very quickly. Everyone is super helpful and nice it wasn't really an issue.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? ^Only from what I mentioned in the 2nd question.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I watched the video but no it didn't help very much. I think we should make a new one more informative to potential members.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Well i've just been making and auctioning off signatures in the mean time trying to build up some cash. Was thinking about making a podcast in the near future as I have all of the equipment but I fear I am too new and don't know many things yet where it wouldn't be that interesting. Perhaps in the future though.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. A more in depth instructional video. No one likes to read so instead maybe watching a detailed video teaching about the scale and how TPE works could make new member transitions much easier.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit thread!

It's not too bad. I'm pretty experienced with forums and the organization system makes sense.

No. I am familiar with EHM, that and the player creation worksheet on google docs were very helpful.

Written only, and yes it did.

Prospect tournament sounds great (though the draft should be soon?). Other than that, opportunities to gain TPE, and various ways to pit the rookies against each other, to make them stand out to GMs?

In the written tutorial, it links to the "creating a player" first PT walkthrough. But the thread it links to is old and locked--the steps still work, but you can't comment on it to get PT. So update the link, or include a link to where you should actually comment?

b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

Reddit

No, but I'm usually bad at new websites, so it's probably fine.

None at all.

Yes, absolutely it helped.

Just get to know the community.

Maybe less emoticons available, the huge box is a bit overwhelming compared to the tiny text space.

1) How did you find us?

Reddit. There was a post in /r/hawks

I had some difficulty my first couple of days. However, once you make it past the initial learning curve it gets drastically easier.

No. The instructions for creating a player are very straight forward.

I used the written tutorial. It was very informative and definitely made my player creation experience easier. One comment I would make is that there is a dead link to a page in the guide. This page has a link mentioning the 5 Step Visual Guide. However, This is the error message I receive when I try to follow the link.

I've killed some time by familiarizing myself with the site and completing the team interest and combine threads.

It seems that many of the links to player updates and point tasks are all over the place. Maybe try to find a way to centralize all of it. If you were interested, I could give my input for like the ultimate new player guide. It could be the page that introduces the site, creates a player, completes the first point task, and helps guide from there. I think if this were set up to be kind of like a giant checklist, that could make the new person learning curve much smaller. PM me if you'd like a further expansion of this idea.

1) How did you find us? Ballerstorm recruiting post on sports2k.com
2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Somewhat. It's getting easier.
3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not particularly.
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes.
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I'm in a prospect tournament and just trying to learn the site.
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I don't really have a suggestion. Justtake some time to learn it.

1) How did you find us?

A friend showed me the Reddit ad.

Pretty overwhelming, But that is more because of the amount of aspects of the league.

Nah no problemo!

I didn't, i found the character-creation Easy enough.

Yes prospect tourneys are great, Bring it on!

Can't think of anything to be honest, people have been so helpful. Smile

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

1) How did you find us?
Guildmate.

It could be better but I had no problems after lurking for a while.

Nope.

Yes. It was a bit outdated though.

Meet and greet for rookies?

Make PT stuff and update stuff more visually apparent in the create a player section.

1) How did you find us?
Advertisement on reddit.

At the very begining it's a bit difficult. I've got a hand on it now though; after a couple of days I was fine. It would be nice to see a very basic guided tour of the fourms and how to navigate and perform certain acts.

Not at all was very quick.

Yes very much so. I used the written tutorial majourity of the time. But to see what infromation to put in where, and just to have the visaul aspect of the video helped a lot.

I was a bit late to the Prospect Tournament sadly. I think you should impliment something for someone like me who does not have the chance to enter the tournament. Maybe daily pickup games. I think this would help people improve their characters and see what they need to work on.

Another idea is to instead of having people just write articles do a daily challenge. Maybe one day is your predictions of the draft and why? Or write a short autobiography on your player. Something to help set people in a direction to get started. Also more PTs