Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?

HFBoards

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Not really.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

None at all.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Yes, I used the written. It helped.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Not sure. Seeing my player in action would be nice.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Try and improve the layout, and a better walk through of what to do after player creation

1) How did you find us?

Massive Coiler introduced me.

Not particularly, but I have had help with the start. If not, I would not be posting right now.

No, but again I had help with it.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

No, but I used the calculator thing.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

I am not, because I do not know what I can do.

Popcorn

1) How did you find us? Rich701 Recruited Me

With Help yes. Overall its not bad, but intially i had no clue
No, that was the easiest part really
Written, and definitely
Yes, immediate action would always be good
A video explaing the update page, and how to update the page would make the task easier for newbs and quicker for the updaters, i would think.

1) How did you find us?
Massive Coiler told me to join.
2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Easy, after someone helps you.
Nope.
No, but I did have help,
The draft happened already.
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier for new members.
Make a beginning area of the site for rookies.

1) How did you find us?

JHS invited me from Hockeyquestionmark

Its okay, I just have to learn where everything is

No thanks to the Calculator

No

Talk to teammates in Locker Room

I think the Update player needs a little more explaining it was hard to follow

1) How did you find us? VHL boiiiiiiis

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Slightly cluttered but mostly ok

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No, text explanation was nice, video version is kinda outdated but not too bad

Ya, see above

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Didn't have to wait B)

Make it obvious where to go after creating a player, took me a fair while to work out what happened. Also, slightly more explanation of the cash/TPE system would've been cool.

1) How did you find us?

Through a friend (10cdl)

At first extremely, but once you get a slight grip on it, it isn't so hard.

Yeah, but only because I can't add up to 155 :D

I used the written part. It helped a ton.

Well, I got signed by the mammoth... so nothing.

A display thats easier on the eyes and allows you to find basic things easier.

1) How did you find us?
The website EHM:TheBlueLine, plus a lot of googling

Fairly easy, but takes a bit of getting used to

None at all

I used the written tutorial

A tournament would be cool. Or a mock draft

Make it able to edit the titles of posts

1) How did you find us?
HFBoards and some googling
It's a bit difficult, but I am new.
Took me some time but other than that, no.
Yes, and yes.
A tournament I guess.
Make it a bit easier to find out what the abbreviations mean.. for example SMJHL

1) How did you find us?
I found the site through a Steam discussion board from the game Eastside Hockey Manager.

It is a bit overwhelming at first, but it becomes easier to navigate as you become acquainted to the site.

I did not have much trouble while creating my player.

I used the written tutorial while creating my player. The tutorial did help with the creation of my player.

A prospect tournament would be exciting! I will focus on trying to improve my player and learn more about the community.

Creation of the player would be easier if the attributes were described in the same post as the written tutorial. I didn't realize how much one attribute could affect play until after my player was created. Luckily I had time to change my player before he was approved!

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

1) How did you find us? Saw Based God (aka Gorlab/Goldlab) posting about it in the VHL.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Not great aesthetically but I guess that's not your fault.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No, was well explained. Player build's were a cool idea too.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tournament would be cool

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I think the waiver system in the VHL works better for getting new players on team. Allows GM's to add a player based on need, as opposed to new players getting disheartened from not find a team fairly early.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

1) How did you find us?

My good friend MassiveCoiler showed me the game!

I would say that the site is not bad to navigate for those that have previous web forum experience/knowledge. The site is quite easy to navigate with a current player helping you the first time around. The site seems like it may be a little overwhelming at first for those who do not have any current player to help, and also lack previous knowledge with navigating web forums.

None at all.

I did not, but I imagine it would be helpful if I didn't have an experienced member helping me with starting out.

Prospect Tournaments and exhibitions/activities similar to that certainly help generate excitement. Maybe go through certain events in which there's a slight chance I could gain TPE or other things just to get that slight draft edge over my fellow class mates Wink

Streamlining seems like the only area I would like to see somewhat addressed. While I do not personally feel this way, it seems that some newcomers may be overwhelmed by all the scripts. codes, information, and general clutter on-screen that can be created in a forum post. Just organizing all the buttons and adding some simplicity to the forum UI may be more friendly to newcomers.

1) How did you find us?
MassiveCoiler/Tony Flow & gt0114/Gavin Trent

For the most part

Nope

didn't use a tutorial

Prospect Tournament

Maybe make it a small bit easier to find schedule/roster

1) How did you find us?
On the STHS forum while looking for a league to join.

Not that much... it's quite overwhelming and informations are spreaded around.

Not at all. Quite easy.

No.

Since I was a free agent, I didn't have that long to wait... but if I needed to wait, maybe the interest would have been harder to keep.

Create a newbie Locker Room where everything is condensed in one spot and make sure every new players can live a complete season without worrying about money or hard to do PT. Maybe hard is not the good word, but when new guys see that they need to write a huge essay just to be able to win enough to train this week... from what i've read so far, it's likely one of the reason wjy people leave.

Ah, this is the First Point Task thing, ok.

1) How did you find us?
In VHL sometimes SHL pops up.

No. Everything jumps right into your face. For example, VHL is way more easier to navigate, it's more simplier.

Not really.

Yep, I used it. And it helped me a little, but it was a bit confusing too.

I have no idea.

Make the layout more simple. It's kind of overwhelming at the moment. Text size is very small too. Create more subforums to make navigation easier.