Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?

I am in a fantasy hockey league with Grapehead

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Not really. There is a lot going on and it is harder than I would have liked to find the guides.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

Some things needed to be cleared up so I was certain they were correct, otherwise no.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Written, yes.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Get a chance to prove myself/earn points in a prospect only system.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Have a very easily accessible, step by step setup process as a part of the welcome/verify email.

1) How did you find us?

I was invited by ThePandava

It's was confusing at first, but slowly you get the hang of it faster than you expected.

The use of TPE points were a little more hard to understand but i was able figured out what to do step by step with all the guides.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

The rookies guides helped me alot!

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

I think having a prospect tournament would get newcomers hyped on the site and have more to do while they wait. for the draft.

My suggestion would be to add a quick rookie guides link for newcomers when they register for the first time. They won't be lost or confused with other forums.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

1) How did you find us?
JKortesi in the Fantasy Hockey subreddit. Made a fantastic post and it looked really interesting. Has been a great help thusfar.

I'd say it's fairly straightforward. I think the new draftee discord should be advertised more heavily (not sure how). The users there were invaluable to the learning process.

After figuring out what I *actually* wanted to do, it was no trouble at all.

I used the comprehensive beginners guide found here:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68933

Rookie Camps, Top prospect games, combines, etc. Heck, even "signing" and being pitched by agents/equipment companies would be a cool thing to do.

Clarification on what exactly the attributes do is probably the biggest thing for me. I used the comprehensive beginners guide found here: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68933 which contains a link to what the attributes are supposed to do, found here: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...0&#entry1542132

I was told by a few of my rookie helpers that that page is indeed outdated and no longer totally relevant/accurate on what each stat does in the sim. If I wouldn't have been informed of that, I would have built my character completely differently. The section on puck-handling (in the guide) in particular is vastly different from what the puck-handling stat in the sim does.

Since that guide on the attributes is contained in the beginners guide, it could certainly use some updating.

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

1) How did you find us?
Web surfing of online hockey leagues.

A lot more hands on and technical but not really.

Not in the slightest Smile

Nope.

Combine :lol:

Less technical and having to go through a lot of different pages to get what you want.

1) How did you find us?

Saw a post on another website for recruitment

Not too bad, lots to take in at first but the more i click around the better it gets

Nope

Yes, lots of help

Prospect tourney would be cool, maybe even a draft combine of sorts

A comprehensive step by step guide from registering right up to the draft all in one place. Was a bit too much clicking around to find out what i should be doing next

1) How did you find us?
Thread on HFBoards.

Yeah, It is a bit overwhelming when you first enter but it then gets easier.

Nope everything was pretty straight forward.

Nope

Not sure, never had to wait haha.

Honestly I think that everything was explained the best it could. The people online were all so helpful. I guess showing better examples of how to finish an update page would help, that was the hardest part for me.

[Image: giphy.mp4]

1) How did you find us?
Just web searching for hockey simulation pools/forums. To be honest, didn't even know this was a thing. Very glad to have found something like this.

Impossibly difficult. I mean, maybe that's an exaggeration. It's easy enough to find most of the threads or forums you are looking for, but definitely not all of them. The various guides and help pages are useful for this, but it still takes time to kind of get used to it all and where to find things.

Not really, the guides were extremely useful in this regard. Very detailed, but easy to follow. 100% made the whole process better and easier.

Yeah! See above. Amazing resource for complete new arrivals (not knowing others at all).

Signed as a free agent, so I don't think this applies. That sounds interesting though.

Just maybe some easier/better navigation. Also my god are TPE difficult to wrap your head around. I also didn't know what it stood for forever, but that could just be me... :facepalm:

Got to just say the community is fantastic. Immediate reach out by a whole bunch of people to welcome and provide assistance. Definitely the best asset you got going for you for newcomers, with those guides a handy second.

1) How did you find us?
Insayne is in my fantasy hockey league. He recommended it.

Not in the slightest. I felt like I always had 5 or 6 pages open trying to follow the steps to somewhere or something and then navigate my way back.

Creating was not hard but the update and steps following creation was. It seems like there are so many different threads about updates and what steps to follow

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? <a href='index.php?showuser=2310' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>JKortesi81</a> Was an absolute life saver. He has been helping me through PMs and deserves a medal or 6. His tutorial has made things a lot easier for me

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Off season work out maybe?

Ask ask ask. Everyone is incredibly helpful and willing to answer. Dont be afraid of getting flamed over a mistake. People will point it out but it is never a toxic process if you do. Edit and correct and ask questions if you dont understand

1) How did you find us?
Crutch told me

No it is not

Yes, because I didn't understand it

No, crutchfield helped me

i joined after the draft

please give us all the links in one central location

[Image: dweaves08.gif]

[Image: lLWfTOT.png]

1) How did you find us?
There was a link on tumblr webpage

It's ok. Its tough unless you have some idea of whats going on.

No but did completing first few tasks. A lot of pasteing links

Yes

When is the draft? I thought I pick a team?

I think you do a lot. Giving people mentors is a good idea and a big help

1) How did you find us?

Googled simulation hockey

I haven't really looked around yet

No

Yes it did hepl

I think it already happened

1) How did you find us?
reddit

fairly easy, a bit difficult at first glance

nope, i used the written tutorials in the creation section

see above

maybe a prospect tournament yeah

i have nothing for this right now

1) How did you find us?
I found you guys on Reddit on /r/hawwkey. Someone mentioned it in a post and it seemed interesting.

As a newcomer, it was definitely confusing to figure out what to do but there were a number of people that helped me out and guided me through everything.

I didn't have much trouble creating my player. A few people offered some tips and suggestions for allocating points for my Attributes.

I used the written tutorial and it definitely did help me out.

A tournament would definitely be fun. I think it would be great to have the new players get acclimated to the website and how things work before we get fully involved.

I don't really have many suggestions to make this site easier for new members. The only suggestion I could think of would be to add some more graphics. Everything else is well explained and numerous people reach out with assistance to make the transition to the site relatively smooth and simple.

1) How did you find us? Some old reddit posts while looking for hockey fantasy, this honestly seemed like more fun.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? The site itself? Kind of? It's not impossible.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No, just some minimal confusion about whether or not I could create before the upcoming draft, but your Helper Outers did a good job of clarifying stuff.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes and sure did.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) it's kind of a bummer we can't do pts or anything, even if they were to be worth less points or something because we're not on a team. But yeah, a tourney sounds cool too.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe explain up front the timeline on adding new players into the league -- like in the welcome PM.

1) How did you find us?
I discovered this site through the San Jose Sharks subreddit in a post by Kaisonious.

No, not particularly. There is just a lot of information to sift through as a newcomer. I've spent the day here and I'm starting to figure it out.

No, I watched the video tutorial. It was very simple.

Yes I used both and yes they were very helpful in figuring out what I was supposed to do.

I'm not really sure what all there is to do so I'm not really sure what needs to be added. Tournaments are always fun though.

Try updating the video tutorial. Easier said than done, but there was some information in the video that was no longer relevant to the current process. Overall though, I still thought it was very informative.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]