Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us? Through a member on NSFL.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Yes, the layout is pretty similar.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? I thought the two way forward and two way defenseman were too similar, would have liked clarification there. Not sure about the capped/uncapped distinction for TPE

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the written one, and it was helpful

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect games are always fun

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
A narrative style description of templates and how they contribute in hockey.

1) How did you find us? r/Canucks post

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It's pretty well fleshed out.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not particularly.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes I did, it did help.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I'm not sure yet tbh.

Make a clear home page button.

1) How did you find us?

crutch recruited me.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

not really no.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

crutch helped me so no

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

no

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Nothing much, just waiting for the draft.

Maybe a centralized thing so new ppl on the site can find all their links in one convenient spot

1) How did you find us?

I found this site on Reddit

I like the rookie guide. The easiest way I'm learning how to post is by looking at other players though.
Not really sure what I'm doing so a bit confused on my end but I am slowly getting answers.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial and it did help alot it seems. Just nt sure of the easiest way to organize my update page.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Um... When is the draft? I can imagine I won't do that great so just give more opportunities to earn points Smile
Not even really sure how to answer this cause I'm not too familiar with any of it right now. Overall though it has been fairly easy.

1) How did you find us?
On an /r/Canucks post made by DrunkenTeddy

It could be better.

Not too much

Written tutorial. I didn't even see the video tutorial anywhere. It did help for sure, the written tutorial.

A prospect tourny would be awesome, give me something to follow especially in my first season on SHL.

The updates are really hard to learn. I still have no idea how to do that.

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

1) How did you find us?
Recruited from NSFL after months of persistence.

No, maybe it's coming from the NSFL where we only have 3 seasons done but I found and still find this site to be cluttered as fuck in every available skin.

Nah. Waters helped me.

No.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) No idea.

Get a sick skin designed and maybe combine some forum categories.

1) How did you find us?
NSFL

Nope. There's a lot of stuff here that is pretty much irrelevant to new players, and it's a lot to take in, imo.

Nope

Kinda, and kinda. The player creation bit itself wasn't that complex really, after having done it elsewhere. I did reference the written guide to be safe though.

Prospect games would be nice, I guess. Not much else going on though, which is a bit of a bummer.

Reduce the amount of stuff that's visible immediately. Focus new members attention on a small part of the site that is directly relevant in their first few days, have all the things they need in a single place. Otherwise it's a bit overwhelming going back and forth between various sections (sometimes to really old threads with sometimes outdated information) to figure out how things work.

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

1) How did you find us?

Ace posted in the Bruins subreddit, and here I am!

It's easy, yes. There is a ton of information that can get a little overwhelming at first, though.

Nope, the tutorials were really helpful with that!

I went with the written tutorial. It's very helpful. I'm not much for video tutorials, so I haven't even looked at that yet.

A prospect tournament would be pretty cool. I feel like I joined a little bit too late to really answer this question, though.

Break up the information a little bit more, I think. The first night I checked the site out, I got overwhelmed a bit and ran away until the next day. Or, perhaps some kind of a checklist that new members could actually check off their progress as they're doing the steps?

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

1) How did you find us?
through the NSFL
It could use some work
Not really, it was pretty simple
I did not, my previous knowledge with creating was able to help.
Uh I'm not sure honestly, I joined kinda late and only a day or 2 before the draft, I imagine some sort of combine would be good if there isn't one.
It's a bit confusing to navigate, so if there were simpler ways that would be great. Also the default skin isn't all that welcoming, and was pretty cluttered to me, a simpler, open skin that uses all of the page room would be better to default with.

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]

1) How did you find us?

My daddy <a href='index.php?showuser=2267' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Waters</a>

Yes, I am familiar with sites such as these.

I did not.

I did not.

Well the SMJHL Draft just occurred, lets win some games dammit!

Rig the sim so the Falcons win the cup every year.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

1) How did you find us?

incite harassed me into joining

yea

no

no because I am in other leagues

idk I want to get good

idk it seems a bit overwhelming at first

1) How did you find us?
- My friend Biebs showed me this and invited me to join

Yes, it's easy to use

None at all

I did not use a video at all

Maybe more guides on how to use and set up TPE, that is confusing

Just enjoy yourself, once you get involved its fun!

1) How did you find us?

From one of Drunkenteddy’s posts on reddit

Not really. I’ve never done any sim stuff before so it was all a bit confusing at first. Now sort of gotten the hang of it.

It was simple to create the player. The TPE calculator was very helpful.

I used the written tutorial and it helped a ton.

Prospect tourney would be cool. Maybe something like a draft combine where our attributes are plugged into a sim of some kind. Like strength=how much you bench press etc. I don’t know shit about how it all works so it might not even be a possibility.

I just remember being unsure of where to begin. Maybe something that streamlines the process a bit.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

1) How did you find us?

A friend told me like a year ago and I've finally got around to it.

I'd say so

No[e!

I did, and yes!

Prospect Tourney is a good idea, idk i missed the date haha

The only thing I could think is a section with links to everything a new member would need but, you may already have that haha idk seems great.

1) How did you find us?
Samee and Glowy told me to join

Yes

Not that much no

I used the written tutorial and it helped a lot

Anything

Nothing really