Create Account

Russia Announcements

Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia

This is going to be short, sweet, and straight to the point. Russia has been doing well recently, garnering top seed headed into the medal rounds and, while losing to a tough Czechoslovakia team, still looks forward to the rest of the tournament. But there is a position change in the trio that runs Russia.

No, it's not me. No, it's not Mark. Storm has done fantastic things for Russia. He is the reason I was active on the site the first few weeks at all, and if it had not been for him caring about the IIHF at all, I probably would have left the IIHF be. But I didn't and took over for Storm while he did his own thing and now, that thing is a beauty. Storm helped GM a Challenge Cup winner, and is crucial to the rebuilding of the great team. They're lost some great players in New England, and I'm sure Storm can do a great job building them up. But that's time consuming and the Wolfpack deserve every bit of his attention. And Earnest Ciarelli should be full-steam for whatever team he signs with in the Transfers market, and we both realized that Russia won't be needing goalies for a long time. So Storm has stepped down as IIHF Head Coach.

This means a new person has taken the reins as Russia's Head Coach. This should be an easy guess who will fill the shoes since I'm GM. I present to you, your new Russia Head Coach, RaiN! He's a great guy, he deserves some management experience because he looks like a premiere member of the league just waiting to blossom, and Mark and I love this kid. He's fantastic and will serve well as Head Coach.

I'll let him field questions here for some WC.

I also wanted to announce our Captaincy for the coming season. Our great group needs some player leadership, and we've found some. They're a great group of people and I trust that they'll motivate our locker room and be representative of us and make us proud around the league. Without further ado, your captains for Russia:

Alternate: Roy Razin
Alternate: Yuri Boyka
Captain: Chernika Banananov

These three players are fantastic people too have in the locker room and are fantastic on the ice. I know they'll do well in anything they do and that should include making this great country proud. They're brothers to me (and sister for Banananov), and I wouldn't trade these players for the world. I'm glad to have this bunch of people leading the team to success over the next few seasons.

Code:
Split WC between mpc and RaiN

Go Barbashev Towel

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

This was neither short nor sweet

Sad to lose Storm, but nice to know we've got a very capable replacement in Barbs.
Also, congrats to the captaining trio!

Russia

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jun 11 2015, 04:33 PM
Russia  Russia  Russia  Russia  Russia  Russia  Russia  Russia  Russia  Russia

This is going to be short, sweet, and straight to the point. Russia has been doing well recently, garnering top seed headed into the medal rounds and, while losing to a tough Czechoslovakia team, still looks forward to the rest of the tournament. But there is a position change in the trio that runs Russia.

No, it's not me. No, it's not Mark. Storm has done fantastic things for Russia. He is the reason I was active on the site the first few weeks at all, and if it had not been for him caring about the IIHF at all, I probably would have left the IIHF be. But I didn't and took over for Storm while he did his own thing and now, that thing is a beauty. Storm helped GM a Challenge Cup winner, and is crucial to the rebuilding of the great team. They're lost some great players in New England, and I'm sure Storm can do a great job building them up. But that's time consuming and the Wolfpack deserve every bit of his attention. And Earnest Ciarelli should be full-steam for whatever team he signs with in the Transfers market, and we both realized that Russia won't be needing goalies for a long time. So Storm has stepped down as IIHF Head Coach.

This means a new person has taken the reins as Russia's Head Coach. This should be an easy guess who will fill the shoes since I'm GM. I present to you, your new Russia Head Coach, [b]RaiN
! He's a great guy, he deserves some management experience because he looks like a premiere member of the league just waiting to blossom, and Mark and I love this kid. He's fantastic and will serve well as Head Coach.

I'll let him field questions here for some WC.
[/b]
Thank you for the opportunity here to be Russia's Head Coach. I cannot wait to start working with c, Mark and the rest of the Motherland to get where we want to be. We showed some great strides already with the current IIHF tournament as we finished first out of every country, and it was just our lack of experience that led to a recent loss to Czechoslovakia in the quarter final. You can bet next season we will be even stronger as a lot of our players are currently sitting at 350TPE. Russia's "Storm" has yet to strike. See what I did there? :ph34r:

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Oh Yeah, if not evident, RaiN needs IIHF HO Access and the HC mod power. Dunno where to ask for that...

Yes RaiN!!!!! Yay

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I got captain.

Hahahahahahhaa that's amazing!

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jun 12 2015, 07:02 AM
Oh Yeah, if not evident, RaiN needs IIHF HO Access and the HC mod power. Dunno where to ask for that...

:D Russia

Russia could not have picked a better person for the job, congrats AJ!!!

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Thanks Jman and Darian!

Quote:Originally posted by Carl@Jun 11 2015, 01:44 PM
This was neither short nor sweet
:lol:

Boyka snubbed for the 'C'.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Happy to see Barbs get the coaching spot!

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

Quote:Originally posted by PeanutButter@Jun 12 2015, 10:34 AM
I got captain.

Hahahahahahhaa that's amazing!

It's cuz we love you Smile

Next Beancast, get in on it! I wanna sit down with the captain!