Create Account

Horvat relishes in increased role

<div align="center">[Image: 06b449a8fdb5a2867f0087849a32c312.jpg]</div>

When the Renegades got together this week for Training Camp, there were a lot of new faces. And more importantly, faces missing.

In a tumultuous offseason, the Renegades lost their top center, Taylor MacDavid, one of their top defenders, Ondrej Ravchitikov, and their top line winger, Lionel Byrde alongside Chico Salmon. With other drama surrounding the team, they almost also lost their top goaltender, Jordin FourFour, but the damages were mended and they were lucky enough to retain his services.

One face was familiar and returning, however. Maxim Horvat. In what was a busy offseason for him as well, Horvat was told he would be replacing MacDavid on the top line, and fresh off a new 7 million dollar/year deal, he was ready for the increased responsibility and the shift back to his natural position, center.

<div align="center">[Image: kopimugs.jpg]</div>

Interview This was a crazy whirlwind of an offseason for you. How excited are you for the increased role on the team?

It's been a whirlwind, definitely. It'll be great, to finally play my natural position again, and in such an important role. With Rav, Byrde, Salmon and Mac leaving, a lot more of the offensive burden is on my shoulders and i'm definitely ready for the challenge.

Horvat came into camp this year a new man. Much improved over the offseason, Horvat looks in the best shape of his life, and he's just entering his prime.

<div align="center">[Image: joe-manganiello.jpg]
Horvat's been bulking up all summer</div>
<div align="center">
Horvat at the end of S23:

CK = Checking: 70
FG = Fighting: 31
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating: 99
ST = Strength: 83
EN = Endurance: 95
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 95
FO = Face Offs: 82
PA = Passing: 95
SC = Scoring: 99
DF = Defense: 95
PS = Penalty Shot: 56

Horvat at Training Camp:

CK = Checking: 70
FG = Fighting: 31
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating: 99
ST = Strength: 90
EN = Endurance: 95
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 95
FO = Face Offs: 95
PA = Passing: 95
SC = Scoring: 99
DF = Defense: 96
PS = Penalty Shot: 56 </div>

Interview Maxim, with big improvements over the offseason, what do you think you most improved on?

Definitely my faceoffs. I hadn't been able to focus on that since I was pushed back to D all these years, but now with the promotion I wanted to be at the best of my Faceoff abilities. Now, i'm the best i've ever been inside the circle, and thats an extremely important component to any championship team.

Interview How do you think the Renegades will do this year?

<div align="center">[Image: Kopitar.jpg]</div>

We lost a lot of guys but we're still a great squad. I think people forget that we were one of the most amazingly stacked teams in recent memory, and although we took a huge hit this offseason, we can still compete with the leagues' finest. Some of our other players, like me, Petty, Daigle and Kinsler now have the opportunity to play some more hockey and make bigger contributions. Contributions we're all ready for. We'll be just fine, and we will approach this season with the same goal in mind: Take home the Challenge Cup.

Interview You just signed a 2 year deal worth 7 million annually. Did it ever cross your mind to leave the Renegades this offseason?

No. Not really. This is my home for the time being and I am so honored to be a big part of this storied franchise moving forward.

Horvat had a bit of an off season last year, dropping off from his monster point totals the previous two years before, something he attributed to the loss of passion he was experiencing for the game as a defenseman.

"It's really hard to love the game when you enter it and play your whole life as a center, and then move back to defense. I am a team first guy and will do anything to help the team win, but at some point you take a step back and realize you wanted to be the best center this league has ever seen, and you took a major road block on the way. I don't know if I will ever catch up to the leagues top players in forward production or make it to the Hall of Fame as a great center anymore, but atleast it was worth a shot to me. It's time I go back to my position".

What does Horvat expect from his new role as the top line center?

"What was expected of me when I was taken 1st overall back in my draft year. To be a two-way center who can put up points just as good as he can stop the puck from going into his own net. A guy who makes the players around him better.

A guy who is a leader on and off the ice, and who will take a bullet for his teammates. MacDavid left huge shoes for me to fill, but I am confident I am ready to fill them. This is a new era in Renegades hockey and i'm extremely excited to be heading it going into the next season. We still have a great group of guys and i'm so excited to get going.

We will bring a cup back to Texas.

And just like that, Horvat walked back into the training room, like he has been all off-season, ready to do what it takes to bring Texas back to it's former glory.

<div align="center">[Image: bc7341c30fd662d4641f3356d8f0f031.jpg?itok=UoXI-Qz_]</div>

941 words

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Hamilton Hotdogs relish with extra onions

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Horvat - DaiGod ready to slay tbh

[Image: livius.gif]

Renes need to get The Carl Mountain into the lineup ASAP.

Good read. Let's prove to everyone that we aren't hurt from those who left us and that it only made us stronger.

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Jun 12 2015, 03:43 AM
Good read. Let's prove to everyone that we aren't hurt from those who left us and that it only made us stronger.
going into next season as underdogs for the first time in a long time.
let's do it

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Jun 12 2015, 10:43 AM
Good read. [b]Let's prove to everyone that we aren't hurt from those who left us and that it only made us stronger.[/b]

:lol: