Create Account

The Big Slappy Questions Thread!!! Official Home of Awesomeness!

1. If you had to give up condiments or spices for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Suppose that even if you give up spices, you still get salt since it's so ubiquitous, but no black pepper, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder etc.

2. Suppose the NHL has decided it wants to expand again. Which SHL or SMJHL franchise would have the most success in the NHL? Not the actual people involved in the team management or players, but judging solely based on location, logo, jerseys, etc.?

3. If you could hang out with any fictional talking animal, who would it be?

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Hey boys!

I hope the New Year is treating my Golden Prospects very well so far!

Let's get into that. Last time you recorded, it was just before the draft. The plan of course, as it wasn't a secret, was to take Bonk at 10, and hope and pray that we could get Slappy at 30. AND WE DID IT. Tell me all about your draft experience and what you thought would happen?

How cool is it to finally, after 2 decades (probably) be a part of the same franchise?

Were you concerned that "the dream" wouldn't happen? My personal anxiety had me sweating out the draft (we'll ignore that I did this draft drunk-ish after the Bills game I was at that day) for BOTH picks. Bonk was a Top D, and they are essentially gold in this league. And even with Slappy's slow start where he's not completely "all in" on this player yet (It's because of the not that great player name), he's still a league legend for reasons both good and not so good, so seeing some team snag him wouldn't have surprised me.

But lets focus on the rest of the class. We also picked up a few pretty rad players. But most notably to you fellas is our boy Avakael! As though getting the gruesome twosome on the same team wasn't cool enough, we actually snagged arguably your biggest fan as well. When he's on, Avakael is a crazy good performer, but he's also just an awesome guy. How much do you like that? And even more importantly, how do we scheme to keep him active? We also grabbed Dewalt, who's an awesome human. Icebear is pretty rad himself and if we get him updating that's a steal. And then we grabbed a goalie I didn't know much about but he's active-ish. To be fair, the last time I took a goalie late that was like him ended up being SHL Hall of Famer Aleister Cain. I hate to say it, but i think we knocked this draft out of the park. How do you feel about it?

How could the draft experience have been better for you, overall? What can the league do better, besides getting the draft stream going at the proper time without mistakes?

Discuss St. Louis and your hopes for this season. Think it'll be a good one?

Whats your favorite chicken dish?

Do you guys eat fish? If so, what's your favorite fish dish?

Okay, I'm done here. Welcome home.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2023, 07:37 PM by Steelhead77. Edited 1 time in total.)

Who was more devastated with last weeks NFL playoff losses.. Slappy-Dallas, Bonk-Giants or Joe K-Buffalo?

What are your picks for this weekend's NFL playoffs?

Have you started planning your superbowl menus yet? What are some potential foods?

Bonk, would you say that Slappy's tpe earning rate is reflective of a 30th overall pick or do you think he went too early?

Slappy, are you really going to let Bonk out-earn you? It's been reported he's trolling your tpe level in group text..

Is it true that slappy recently admitted that Salma Hayek was not 100% natural? Discuss her possible augmentations.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2023, 06:41 PM by Steelhead77. Edited 1 time in total.)

Inside sources tell me you two are recording tonight and need questions..

You were both recently traded in the SMJHL, talk about the trade and your new team, etc.

How are your players doing since the trade?

Speaking of trades, what are your thoughts on the NY Rangers stealing Vlad Tarasenko from the Blues?

Bonk, it's been reported your boy Patrick Kane is upset about the trade because he wanted to come to NY but now it probably won't happen. LINK (read the quote) How does this make you feel that NYR are the place to be?

What are your superbowl predictions?

What are your official superbowl menus looking like?

Have either of you had any big seafood dinners lately? please discuss and note any ramifications of said meal..

Slappy, how many times have you watched that movie where Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz play old western bank robbers? On a scale of 1-10 how hot are they in that movie?

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2023, 08:54 PM by Bonk.)

The time has come again, to beg for questions for our Podcast. We will try to be witty and joyful in all of our responses to your questions but no guarantees. But I can certainly assure you that, you will be thanked and beers will be cheered in your name. So please grant us the opportunity to have a toast in your name.

Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

How have your seasons been since leaving STL? Hope for a cup?

Salted pretzel or cinnamon sugar pretzel? And would you pay $8 for it in the arena?

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

It’s time to settle this debate, Dogs or Cats?

What was your "finest" hour here in SHL?

Worst memory from each player?

If the entire New Orleans locker room got into a bar fight, who are you throwing hands with?

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

answered

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Slappy is coming back from Florida tomorrow and we're gonna record Saturday night too. As we travel to and from a poker game. So please give us some questions so we have something to talk about other than street signs, weird people on the road and bad drivers.

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

How was poker, who lost first, who lasted longer? We know Bonk doesn't last long so I'm guessing Slappy had more stamina in the game?

It snowed today how are the roads? Who's driving? Slam on the brakes and tell us if you skid..

Did the playoffs start in the J? Are you in it, how is your team doing? How about your players?

Bonk, Patrick Kane was held out of the Hawks game tonight and said the NY Rangers are the only team he wants to play for, a trade looks imminent, how does this make you feel? How does this make me feel?

Why am I the only person asking you guys questions, how many listeners are you getting on your podcasts lately?

Who are your top 5 hottest women not named Salma Hayek from the 90's? Does Kathy Ireland make the team?

not reading through more then this page to see if youve been asked something like this in the recent past.

Obviously you have been around a while here. How do you feel about the advancement in sim league technology/functionality improving since then?

Anything you wish you did in your 20s? (seasons 20-29  I mean of course)

Thoughts on NHL trade deadline?

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

Would you rather have no toes or no nose?

If you could be any household appliance, what would you be?

What’s one rule you would add to hockey to make it more entertaining?

[Image: jwpshl.png]

answered

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Slappy and myself are looking to record tonight and would.really appreciate any questions you have

Lil' Manius

Big Manius