Create Account

Ranking the Best and Worst Names in the 28 Draft

<div align="center">Okay so I really don't know a lot about the upcoming draft taking place for SHL's 28th season. However, I do know a good name when I see one. So if I were drafting by name alone in a serious fashion these are the names that stand out versus the ones that are just, erm, ridiculous to say the least.

So let's start with the utter ridiculous names. These are names that a human being should by all means not have and if I were to take this league the least bit seriously (which I absolutely don't) would avoid. Keep in mind I'm doing this to get paid and in no means am I trying to make fun of you. Please don't take it seriously.

#5 - Prince Daniel James - Defense - Detroit Falcons
Why the hell is there a Prince playing professional hockey? Are you 'thee Prince' or one of royalty? If you start singing Purple Rain in my dressing room I can't say I'd be too pumped to play. But great song.

#4 - Saint Jericho - Defense - Prince George Firebirds
Again why would your name be Saint? Jericho is cool, but Saint for a first name? I'm quite the opposite of a saint in this world so this turns me off. No religion in my dressing room. Unless you're player is an anti-saint that would just be epic.

#3 - Rising Hippo - Left Wing - Detroit Falcons
This name is actually kind of funny, makes me imagine an actual hippo playing hockey. That being said, it just sounds too ridiculous to be a hockey player. I can't take it seriously if I'm constantly picturing a hippo. Funny stuff.

#2 - Hunky Monkey - Defense - Prince George Firebirds
This name makes me think of the movie MVP - you know the one where that monkey plays hockey and saves the local team from embarrassment? Yeah I didn't like it. Funny name though.

#1 - Dickie Pecker - Defense - Colorado Mammoths
Okay I was actually close to putting this in the best list, it makes me giggle a little bit every time I say it. But I said my list is based on me taking things seriously so this one takes the cake on this list. So many terrible things go through my mind when I imagine commentary on the name 'Dickie Pecker'.

Now that the ridiculous have been named let's move on to the BEST hockey names in this year's draft. Points are awarded for creativity and appeal when I say the name out loud. Combining NHL player names to make a 'Super Player' does not count as originality in my books so sorry to guys like Marc-André Malkin and Jussi Ruutu but you just don't make the cut.

#5 - Dieter Dominique - Right Wing - Kelowna Knights
I like how this name sounds off the toungue, Dieter is a different name and Dominique isn't based off some NHL Superstar. Also Kelowna bias. I can vision this name used in commentary.

#4 - Levi Kubrak - Center - Vancouver Whalers
I love the name Levi for some reason and Kubrak is original as well. Sounds like a good hockey name when you say it out loud.

#3 - Wiljian Zjang - Center - Detroit Falcons
They have some unique names out there in Detroit eh buhd? This one is definitely unique, what is it Chinese? Too lazy to look to be honest. I like that creativeness involved here though.

#2 - Jackson Cartier - Defense - Vancouver Whalers
Vancouver knows how to pick 'em I guess. Also didn't know 701 recreated either. Sounds very much like a French hockey player's name while also not taking away from popular NHL names.

#1 - Alexander Ødegaard - Left Wing - Detroit Falcons
Norway I assume? Alexander as common as it is, is a perfect Scandinavian hockey name and Ødegaard has a strong feel to it. Sounds like your player is a giant hulking viking and that scares me a bit.

</div>

You got your Pecker's mixed up, man.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Feb 22 2016, 05:26 PM
You got your Pecker's mixed up, man.

Is there two? I don't follow SMJHL at all

Quote:Originally posted by GoodLeftUndone@Feb 22 2016, 06:15 PM

Is there two? I don't follow SMJHL at all
I'm not actually a rookie, just that my tag thing hasn't been updated. My brother, Richie Pecker is though and that's what pb meant.

Quote:Originally posted by austin6@Feb 23 2016, 12:22 AM

I'm not actually a rookie, just that my tag thing hasn't been updated. My brother, Richie Pecker is though and that's what pb meant.

Still...great name! haha

Marc-André Moreau > every other name.

Smile

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Proud to make this list.

Cheers