Create Account

On Draft Day

The last of this series of short articles, I'm going to outline what standard operating procedure is for prospective draftees during the draft day itself. Nerves are all afire, tensions high, but there's nothing left to do but pray. And pray you shall, because it's judgement day.

<div align="center">Presenting, Atlas' Guide On What to do during Draft Day</div>

1. Banter
Exchange sick chirps and witty remarks with your fellow prospects, as is tradition. "I left my wallet on your mom's nightstand" "Sick chirp bro, who'd you learn that from, John Scott?" etcetera and etcetera ad infinitum. It's all in good fun, mostly, and gives everyone a chance to relax and laugh a little before their big moment. Being called up to the stage is incredibly stressful, so jokes and insults are a great way to keep cool beforehand.

2. Check in
Be present in the draft thread, as GMs might be inspired or solidified in their choice to draft or not draft you. First impressions are important, but last-minute swings are possible and do happen regularly. It's always nice to see new faces and their new jerseys around, so be one of those people. I actually missed my drafting (S26 SHL Entry) due to school obligations, and I sorely regret it. It's a lot of fun in that thread, especially when one of the more famous (or infamous) members is drafted.

3. Communicate
When you are drafted, talk to your GM and new teammates ASAP. They probably already have at least a vague idea of what kind of person and player you are, but really get to know them right away. It's just a nice little thing to do, because being sociable is important in this league.

Again, not much to it, although I did need three bullet points instead of just one this time. All simple things you can do, don't take very much time at all, and build credibility and help establish a presence during the draft. Good luck!

I especially stress #3, worked great for me on draft day, and now I have good relationships with my WKP teammates!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]