Create Account

Wiljian Zjang's Newest SHL Team Rankings

Wiljian Zjang's SHL Team Rankings In Terms of Interest

Previously, I made an edition of this extremely early in my SHL career, and said I would follow up, that happened to be a lie. I wanted to create more editions, however I was not educated enough about the teams for me to create legitimate rankings that would have shown any fluctuation. However, times have changed. I am more educated right now and am able to create a rankings of the team which accurately shows where my interests are with the teams in the SHL. Without further adu, here are my rankings.

14. Hamilton Steelhawks ( - )
[Image: zso84m.png]
This team won the toilet bowl with me. Apparently they did not see my previous rankings (however I do not believe many paid attention to it so it is not a big deal at all), and I had absolutely no communications with this team. The good news for this team (if they even want me), is that they can still sway my opinion. I have yet to really develop any sort of relations with anyone on their team, and I also do not see where I fit in with this team. Despite this, I heard mixed opinions regarding this team. I heard from people who were on the team that it is great, while others generally have a negative feeling towards the organization.

13. Seattle Riot ( -1 )
[Image: 124tp54.png]
A common theme here should be uncertainty. I have no clue what is going on yet since the draft order is not yet determined quite yet, however I am skeptical of the this team. What can they bring to the table for me? I know what I can bring, I can bring a young hard-working center for the next 8-14 seasons who needs some polishing in the SMJHL first. I have not talked to anyone on the team, however I heard from various people how great the organization is and how good the General Manager (GOB) is.

12. Portland Admirals ( +1 )
[Image: rice3r.png]
I see myself as a potential core piece, and this place could be the place for me, however they are ranked here due to uncertainty. They did not do anything to merit a place at 12 similar to how Seattle is at 13 for practically no reason; but I am slightly skeptical of this team. I do not know their direction and they have quite a few centers. From what I have seen from their General Manager JumpierPegasus, they must have a fun locker room with some lighthearted discussion and some serious discussion.

11. Calgary Dragons ( -4 )
[Image: 4jun10.png]
This is a team that had me laughing while writing my last article since I was writing and noticed, "shit, I really do not think they should be ranked this high, but fuck it, I already wrote a ton and do not feel like editing everything." Well, I finally fixed it. I stick by my points that it is an old team with a ton of centers. It does seem to be a great place to be however, thus putting it ahead of the Admirals. I have seen their General Manager around the Falcons locker room which at least let me understand how he communicates and simply get some sort of interaction. I wish this team the best in the playoffs however, and maybe by draft time things will change.

10. Toronto North Stars ( +1 )
[Image: 2dba1yh.png]
This team is a weird one for me. I want to win a cup so going here may not be the best decision for my career, however on draft night, the General Manager's make the decision, not me. JNH is a cool guy and often times jumps in to our locker room and keeps the discussion open which makes things fun for me since we communicate pretty well now through pm's. I do not know whether he could take me, so realistically speaking, I do not know if I can go here, however I would not feel bad if I was picked here. Contrarily, I would be kind of happy going here because of the history of the team and I would love to be a part of this team's first cup win.

9. Texas Renegades ( -1 )
[Image: aysewp.png]
This team is a real uncertainty for me, I saw the articles their General Manager, Deener, had put out and that leveled them back for me. I like some of the people there and agree with what many of them post on the forum (even if sometimes it does seem outlandish). Lastly, I feel this is a team that generally does not seem to keep their picks and look towards development. Lastly, they do not have a pick in the first round this year (from what I can see) so the chance I can get their are extremely low.

8. Edmonton Blizzard ( +1 )
[Image: 14tq6q9.png]
This is another team where I am not too sure whether I can make it there so I do not have them explored or think about them this highly. I would enjoy some communication with them, even just to know the franchise since I do not know too much about them. And lastly, they also have a ton of good players in my position so thus I would not really get playing time.

7. Buffalo Stampede ( -5 )
[Image: ekj2pv.png]
This is a team that fell... a ton for me. Between retirements and pure quietness, this team became a lot less attractive. It seems like a reactive franchise instead of a proactive one. Also, seeing as many of their players are aging/retired, it must not be fun to be on the team. I can only assume that morale is low and so is activity. It could definitely change though from a few conversations with the players there.

6. Minnesota Chiefs ( -3 )
[Image: 2u7t2sh.png]
This is a team that also fell a lot, however their reasoning is much different. They fell due to their lack of picks and communication. They are a team that is not really "out there" as an SMJHL prospect. Rarely do I hear anything about them and it breeds a concern. However, their color scheme is awesome and they would definitely have a spot open for me in the core after a couple of seasons.

5. Winnipeg Jets ( +5 )
[Image: 24y1cu1.png]
Wow. This team had really wow'd me in my time in the SMJHL. Their General Manager is a class act and the team is very mature and responsible around the main boards. Their history of winning regardless of their talent is appealing since I could be a good component of a good team when I am not even fully developed. Lastly, this General Manager is a Hall of Famer and it would be a great experience to ever play under him.

4. New England Wolfpack ( +1 )
[Image: mrrdk5.png]
This is a team that I have loved since arriving, a young rebuilding team with an awesome color scheme and great people. Lastly, I could become a key component and I know that the coaches will help me develop because everyone on the team is young and needs that type of help. It also looks plausible that I go there, and potentially they could trade down if they really wanted me.

3. Los Angeles Panthers ( +1 )
[Image: wstd88.png]
I do not know how to really describe this team, however I expect for myself to be inserted into the line up when I am out of the SMJHL and slowly work my way into the top 6. I also connected well with Ragnar and their General Manager seems like a cool guy on the forums so the locker room is probably a great spot to be. I also love Los Angeles so I could have a bias due to the city in real life.

2. West Kendall Platoon ( +4 )
[Image: 239t2v.png]
This team also grew on me. I thought their logo was not the best but after seeing it manipulated a few times in signatures it led to my appeal with the team. Also, their General Manager Bojo is easy to spot on the forum and his enthusiasm is only paralleled by Jack Cross. I know that this guy will try to do what is best for the team and for its players. Also, he is willing to do just about anything to make this league better, whether it is some coding program or something as simple as input. Lastly, this is another team that I can grow with, and that is very important for me since I want to grow with my team.

1. Mannhatten Rage ( - )
[Image: 2432nnb.png]
The more things change... the more they are the same. Oh boy, I still like this team, the logo is sick, they are very young and yet again, their General Manager is involved and enthused when on the boards. It also seems like a possible place to land since they have the 2nd and 8th overall picks. The last thing is that I could potentially become a corner piece for this team and hopefully do some scouting for them and provide input. I want to be wanted when I go to a team, so I feel as though I can not only have fun, but have feedback that would be encouraged and wanted.

Code:
~1500 words

ooo, top ten at least =p . Look forward to seeing the rest!

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Ohtaay@Feb 24 2016, 09:07 PM

Cheers
thx, gonna release the rest after I do my PGS (so probably Friday since I'd like to do the PGS Thursday), also WKP grew on me a ton, so you'll see where.

Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by Ohtaay@Feb 24 2016, 09:07 PM

Cheers

I'd hit that

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WZjang@Feb 24 2016, 08:05 PM
**Do not grade yet**

[b]14. Hamilton Steelhawks ( - )

[Image: zso84m.png]
This team won the toilet bowl with me. Apparently they did not see my previous rankings (however I do not believe many paid attention to it so it is not a big deal at all), and I had absolutely no communications with this team. The good news for this team (if they even want me), is that they can still sway my opinion. I have yet to really develop any sort of relations with anyone on their team, and I also do not see where I fit in with this team. Despite this, I heard mixed opinions regarding this team. I heard from people who were on the team that it is great, while others generally have a negative feeling towards the organization. [/b]

[Image: tumblr_ni99uvlchp1t616t1o1_400.gif?w=650]

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

You know which team really needs centers and would love to have you?

Wolfpack

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by WZjang@Feb 24 2016, 09:08 PM

thx, gonna release the rest after I do my PGS (so probably Friday since I'd like to do the PGS Thursday), also WKP grew on me a ton, so you'll see where.

Cheers

Cheers is right! Platoon

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

13th :(

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Feb 24 2016, 08:23 PM
13th :(

Hey cheer up, you're not last this time.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Second last. :(

Seattle's a pretty fun place and we're retooling for the future so might be a good fit GOBs a good guy.

Again, rankings should change a ton within the next week, these are based on assumptions and my limited knowledge.

Platoon

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

done.

Wooo fourth! Wolfpack

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

oooh, sexy. ;Wink

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]