Create Account

Detroit Continues to Produce Top Talent

The Detroit Falcons are known for producing top tier players and this year they've churned out another handful of top prospects, with as many as FOUR of them being projected as first round selections. Let's take a look at this season's draft eligible Falcons.

<div align="center">[Image: 1tj1215.jpg]</div>

Gunnar Rask - a.k.a. Advantage

Rask is considered a top 3 talent in this draft, and for good reason. He's projected to become an elite center in the SHL due to his work ethic. With 307 TPE (maxed PT and PGS caps) and $13 million in his bank account, Rask is primed for further development. Any lottery team would love to add a player like this to their roster. I predict he goes 3rd overall to the Manhattan Rage Rage.

Quinn Stevenson - a.k.a. Quinn's in the Bin

Stevenson is a top defenseman in the upcoming draft and compares nicely to former Falcons defensemen Brandon Girard and Jasper Clayton. Stevenson enters the draft with 308 TPE and almost $10 million in his bank account. With nearly identical TPE counts and bank statements, Stevenson is sitting pretty with teammate Rask. Stevenson does hold a job as a player updater though, which gives him a slight edge going forward when compared to teammate Rask. Aside from that the only thing that should cause one prospect to be drafted ahead of the other is based upon team need. I predict Stevenson sees a marginal slide in the draft and goes 6th overall to Los Angeles Panthers.

Prince Daniel James - a.k.a. LTH

Detroit features a clear cut top 2 in Rask and Stevenson, but there's plenty of quality players coming out for the draft right behind them. One of these players is Prince Daniel James, a solid all-around two-way defenceman. With almost 250 TPE and almost $7 million in his bank account, Prince Daniel James should find himself taken in the bottom half of the first round. He'll likely need another year of development before he can make an impact in the SHL like fellow prospect Stevenson projects to do, but if he can stay focused on improving then he should become a solid addition to any blueline in the league a few seasons from now. I think Manhattan Rage takes Prince Daniel James at 9th overall after adding teammate Gunnar Rask earlier in the round.

Wiljian Zjang - a.k.a. WZjang

Wiljian Zjang and Prince Daniel James are like the Great Value versions (no offense ;Wink )of Rask and Stevenson. Zjang represents the kind of center depth you can find towards the end of the 1st round or at the top of the 2nd round. Zjang is a playmaker and a true rookie in the league with fewer than 2 months experience, but that hasn't stopped him from diving in and involving himself. He holds a position as a Graphics Grader and has been a lively member in the Detoit Falcons locker room. With a tad more than 240 TPE and a cool $7.5 million in the bank Zjang projects to be a late 1st/early 2nd center, similar to former Falcon center Kaapo Kekkonen. I project Zjang is taken with the last pick of the 1st round, 14th overall to the Los Angeles Panthers Panthers.

Rising Hippo - a.k.a. therisinghippo

Here we see another drop in the SHL-readiness of the Detroit prospects, but it's not entirely due to something as worrisome as inactivity. Rising Hippo has been consistently active since joining the Falcons but has struggled at times to find the finances needed to pursue his development as a hockey player. With a TPE count near 215 and less than $500,000 in the bank, Hippo enters the S28 SHL draft as an intriguing project pick. Perhaps he can turn things around once he collects a fat SHL paycheck, but don't expect Hippo to make SHL headlines til about S30. I think the Winnipeg Jets Jets add Hippo with one of their mid-2nd round picks and hope that, with some patience and expert advice from GM Leafs4ever, Hippo can become a meaningful contributor somewhere down the line.

In a draft that is seemingly lacking true depth, the Detroit Falcons have still found a way to produce some serious talent. Good luck to all of you Falcons and hopefully we see you in the SHL shortly.

Code:
717 words 3,960 characters

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Thx for kind words. Nice article.

Quote:Originally posted by WZjang@Mar 6 2016, 05:38 PM
Thx for kind words. Nice article.
hopefully you get drafted to LAP ;Wink

Welp, I'm working on a really damn long media article for my first and double pay article. Also, I trained a lot this year, so I had a bit of cash! If that's my only downfall! I need a bit of direction, because I am still pretty new to this stuff, but I appreciate the write up!

Quote:Originally posted by therisinghippo@Mar 6 2016, 11:06 PM
Welp, I'm working on a really damn long media article for my first and double pay article.  Also, I trained a lot this year, so I had a bit of cash!  If that's my only downfall!  I need a bit of direction, because I am still pretty new to this stuff, but I appreciate the write up!
Your biggest downfall is your bank amount, something that's easily fixable. Get a fat check from that first media article and you'll be well on your way to becoming a draft steal. And like you said, you need some direction. I mentioned in my article that an experienced GM like Leafs4ever could help you out a LOT.

Pretty good crop tbh.

Quote:Originally posted by 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD@Mar 7 2016, 12:07 AM
Pretty good crop tbh.
if Foehammer/Odegaard hadn't gone inactive this crop would be on a whole other level lol

Awh shucks Smile

Appreciate the kind words. Hopefully we can all win a cup next season.

Falcons WHOOSH!!!

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite