Create Account

Vancouver Whalers S27 Team Awards

<div align="center">[Image: xgjwqs.png]

Welcome all to the Season 27 Vancouver Whalers season awards ceremony! First off I would like to thank John Heimer-Schmidt for the promotion to Head General Manager of the Vancouver Whalers and am happy to have him on board as my Assistant General Manager for the upcoming season.

We stand here in Pacific Coliseum to commemorate the achievements of our Whalers players for this past season. We had an average year this season finishing 3rd in our division with a total of 52 points, 1 behind Kelowna for 2nd. Then we were unfortunately taken out of the playoffs in the first round by Kelowna. There were both highs and lows to the season and we are looking forward to what we can achieve in the upcoming season.

As a quick side note, as new Head General Manager, I would like to create a clean slate for the awards and strip the names of the awards. This is not to take away from the achievements of Whaler greats such as Chris McZehrl, Niclas Wastlund, and Matthew Ekblad, but to create a new future for the team and for us to create a new modern era for Vancouver.

Now lets start handing out some awards!

Most Goals Scored
[Image: kFFaIZq.jpg]
Bernie Sanders- 20 Goals

Bernie ended up surpassing his rookie season goal tally by 1 goal this season.His ability to get the puck into the back of the net was something that this Whaler squad desperately needed and Bernie stepped up and made it happen. He was not afraid to get into the dirty areas and screen the goalie for deflections into the net. We hope that he can surpass his goal tally in the upcoming season if he is sent down.

Most Assists
[Image: 3K5o7jI.jpg]
Rostislav Pirozhkov-38

Rostislav had a huge career year this season. He managed to nearly double his assist production from the last season by getting 38 this season. He has been a solid addition to our defensive core since arriving in Season 24 and this year he was our clear #1 defenseman. He isnt talkative at all on the team, but he was an assist machine this season and we are happy to award him this trophy.

Most Points
[Image: HPJVCZP.jpg]
Bernie Sanders and Rostislav Pirozhkov-43
Both Bernie and Rostislav posted career years with a total of 43 points.

Bernie Sanders GP: 50 | G: 20| A: 23| PTS: 43
Rostislav Pirozhkov GP: 50 | G: 5| A: 38| PTS: 43

Bernie put up a respectable 23 assists in addition to his team leading 20 goals. Rostislav put up 5 goals to help boost up his points totals with his massive 38 assists. Both players are going to have to fight each other for who has their name on top for this season on the award.

Best +/-
[Image: 3fXRZar.jpg]
Adam Greenholm- +12

+/- is a somewhat meaningless stat in the big picture, but it is an excuse to give a member of the Whalers an award. Adam manages to snag this trophy with a team leading +12 +/- rating. As a rookie defenseman on the 3rd pairing, he showed what good solid defense can do for the stat. Congrats on your award rook!

Most Penalty Minutes
[Image: JEY8rOB.jpg]
Adam Greenholm- 96 PIMs

Adam takes his 2nd award of the night, this time being for being a goon. He got a total of 76 minor penalty minutes and got in 4 fights for an additional 20 penalty minutes. In those team leading 4 fights, he managed to win none of them, lose 1 and tie the remaining 3. We hope he finds a fighting instructor as well as potentially a discipline coach this offseason.

Most Shots Blocked
[Image: fTR2d3Q.jpg]
Montel Vontavious Porter-70 SBs

Montel wins his first award of the night by not only leading the team in shots blocked, but the league. With a massive 70 shots blocked during the season I am sure he will be spending this offseason getting massages and going to spas trying to heal his body. We like to thank Montel for sacrificing his body for the team and helping Lukas Berger with keeping pucks out of the net.

Most Hits
[Image: i719b2c.jpg]
Montel Vontavious Porter-114 hits

Montel is the 4th Whaler to take home a 2nd award tonight. This time for laying out the most hits during the season. He barely edged out our resident hit master, Rick James with 1 more hit. With all of his physical play, we hope that Montel can again show up big for the Whalers and put his body on the line to better our team.

Whaler Leadership Award
[Image: kCDOihW.jpg]
Rick James

Rick James, Bitch! Rick has been a leader basically the moment he stepped into the locker room. Every single day he comes into the Locker Room and says good morning and sets the mood for the day to come. He is a motivating figure and respected among his peers and management. He has stepped into his Captain role well and grew into a great player. With him most likely leaving Vancouver to join the Renegades in the SHL next season, we will be leaving a huge gap in the leadership on the team. Thank you for your hardwork and dedication to the team Rick.

Whaler Perseverance Award
[Image: j2xQEvk.jpg]

This season I am not going to award this to the members player, but to the member. 701 has won our Perseverance award. I am awarding this to him due to his huge dedication to change his forum presence. From being banned a few short months ago for being a 'toxic' member, he has changed greatly and has become a great member of the Whaler community. We love having 701 around and glad to see the real great human being behind the screen.

Top Goaltender
[Image: PpYwIxC.jpg]
Lukas Berger

Lukas has been our #1 goalie ever since NoNerves left to go join Buffalo in the SHL. In this time we have relied on him heavily, so much so that we didnt even play our backup Gavin Trent in the required 6 games this season. In his time with the Whalers he has played in 94 games (most games for a Whaler Goalie since Season 18), won 43 times (3rd most since S18), lost 40 times in regulation and 7 times out of regulation. He has averaged a 0.869% save percentage and posted a 3.09 Goals Against Average. We would like to thank Lukas on his great career in the Whalers organization and wish him the best of luck in WInnipeg!

Rookie of the Year
[Image: wz5zUcS.jpg]
Levi Kubrak

Levi Kubrak GP: 50 | G: 12 | A: 21 | PTS: 33 | +/-: +5 | PIMs: 10 | Hits: 23 | SBs: 10 | Face Offs Taken: 1281 | FO%: 49.34%

Levi has been named our Rookie of the Year! He has posted a respectable stat line for this year and we look forward to what he can do in his sophomore season. We got a diamond in the rough with him at 16th overall in a draft of 24 players. Thank you for a great well fought season Levi and best of luck in the upcoming SHL draft!

Most Underrated
[Image: D6R6MgU.jpg]
Maximilian Watcher

Maximilian Watcher is my choice for the most underrated Whaler this season. Maximilian went from a 4 point season last year, to a 17 point season this year. He may not be getting the most points on the ice right now, but this kid has a ton of potential and room to grow during his career. I feel like not too many people know about him outside of the Vancouver and Portland areas and that is a shame. He is a great locker room personality when he speaks up and gives it 100% out on the ice each and every night. This will unfortunately be his last season with Vancouver as he will be taking a huge role in the rebuilding Portland team. I know that he will take advantage of his increased responsibilities and ice time and become a great player in the future.

Whaler MVP
[Image: DdwZoH5.jpg]
TBD
</div>

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Damn. What a great organization to hand out awards such as these. Smile

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Mar 9 2016, 03:29 PM
Damn. What a great organization to hand out awards such as these. Smile

Hoov getting shit done right out of the gate. =D>

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Mar 9 2016, 01:40 PM

Hoov getting shit done right out of the gate. =D>
Seriously. Almost makes me want to recreate and play for Vancouver. Starwars

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Mar 9 2016, 10:46 PM

Seriously. Almost makes me want to recreate and play for Vancouver.&nbsp; Starwars

The dream. :o

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Thank you for the awesome words. I'm mainly just steering my path of the trolls (besides Alex cause getting a rise out of him is hilarious). I love my time here, and it really is an escape for my shitty life lol.

That's pretty freakin cool. Thanks a lot boys. That means something to me. :-x >:D< :lol: :ph34r:

I am very surprised to get an award, many thanks for that hoovu. Exercise

*wipe tears from my eyes*

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page