Create Account

Who is Dos Diablo?

FIRST ARTICLE

<div align="center">Who is Dos Diablo?</div>

With the SMJHL draft over and the pre-season well underway, many teams have completed there line-ups and are just waiting to start the season. So why would any of these teams be interested in looking at Dos Diablo? A new-comer who has emerged from no where declaring his interest in becoming a superstar in the SHL. The answer is easy. He stands out.

Dos Diablo's parents have been gigantic hockey fans for many years so as soon as Dos Diablo was able to walk his parents put a hockey stick in his hands. It became very clear to his parents that Dos Diablo had a very special talent at a very young age. Growing up hockey was his life. He dominated in every single league he played in even if they bumped him up age groups. Dos Diablo is a wizard with the puck who constantly lit up highlight reel goals making fans' jaws drop and opposing defenders look foolish. His quick, hard, and accurate shot is a god given gift. His magical stickhandling ability with great lower-body strength making it nearly impossible to knock him off the puck. His on-ice vision and an ability to slow the game down makes him a threat both in scoring a goal himself and setting up a teammate with an excellent chance. Dos Diablo has never been challenged in his young hockey career and he is finally ready to test his abilities against pros.

We were able to get a hold of Dos Diablo for an exclusive intereview.

Q: With many teams filled with young and veteran talent how do you plan on stealing a roster spot?

A: I understand I have decided to join the league at a late date and many players have a huge head start on me however I know by the end of the season these players will be looking at the season stats and seeing my name at the top. I will work and battle every day and night to catch up and pass them. My work ethic is going to steal me a spot.

Q: Every SMJHL team will be looking into you and deciding if they should pursue you. Is there anything these teams should know?

A: I am open to joining any team. Contender or rebuilding, it does not matter. The way a team is going to pull me towards them over someone else is simple. Ice-time. Whatever team is able to provide me with the most ice-time is going to get my talent. I want to play, I want to show my skills off, I want to score goals. All of that will be hard to do on the 4th line.

Q: What are your goals this season?

A: Score goals, win games, and grow as a player and person. I don't have specific goals such as score this many goals or anything like that. I just want to progress more as a player to get closer to becoming the superstar I know I can be. I want the scouts to see how hard I play every game and how hard I train so they want me in the SHL draft.

Q: What are the strengths in your game?

A: I have many strengths. The obvious is my shot. I have worked on perfecting my shot for many years. Scoring goals is my favourite thing to do in this world and in order to do that you need a good shot. I've also worked extensively on my puck handling and endurance. I like making those magical plays and listening to the crowd get louder as I perform a dangle around a player and endurance is extremely important in any players game. Every game is long, tiring, and physical. You will suffer and it's what you do when you begin to feel these negative impacts of the game that matters. If you're a player who feeds off them and strives you will have more positive outcomes.

Q: What are your weaknesses in your game?

A: I'm a young player and I have so much to learn about this game and so much time to improve my skills. As of right now I would have to say my physical game is definitely a weakness. I'm a skillful player so I prefer to try and avoid the physical side of the game to avoid potential injuries or to create enemies on the ice. The last thing I need is a goon coming for my head and wanting to fight. I'd much rather be on the ice for 5 minutes using my raw skill than sitting on the bench watching. Another weakness I'd have to say is my defensive side of the game. At this point in my hockey career I have just mainly worked on my offensive skills. I prefer making the big plays that produce points. With that being said I am not one of the players that is going to avoid the defensive side of the game my whole career. I plan on working on it and becoming an effective player on both ends of the ice.

Q: Do you ever see yourself in a leadership role?

A: If you mean wearing the C or A then I'm not sure. No matter what I will always do my best to be a leader, I don't need a letter on my chest to do that. If a team feels that I deserve to wear a letter then I will gladly do it.

Q: What are your career goals?

A: Score goals and win championships. I want to be known as one of the best goal scorers to ever play in the SHL but I also want to be known as a winner. I don't want to be known as the guy who scores goals but never wins games. I'm a very competitive player and I need to be winning.

Q: I know this is talking way down the line but do you ever think you'd want to hold a managerial position within the SMJHL or SHL?

A: Absolutely. After my playing career has finally ended my love for the game will still be alive. I will still want to be apart of the league in some shape and I couldn't think of a better way then managing your own team. In fact that is something I greatly look forward to.

Falcons Canada

Just a heads up, your first article is worth double the money.

Good read and good luck with wherever you decide to sign. Cheers

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Great read, can't wait to see what you can do on the ice.

Looks good man! Welcome to the league! Cheers

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Thank you for the positive feedback everyone!

Falcons Canada

Welcome, Dos Diablo!

Nice write up

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]