Create Account

Remove SHL PT Caps?

Food for thought. I just had an idea rolling through my head as I'm at work.

Now that we are in the 2nd season with our 'new' restructured builds, I believe we should reward those who are active. I know last season I personally only completed 2-3 PTs, and yet I maxed out my PT cap by the end of the season once I accumulated all the caps from season predictions, award predictions, playoff predictions, milestones etc. So my suggestion is simple: Remove the SHL PT cap. This allows people who are active to fully capitalize on all the opportunities in which make our player builds better. People who are active shouldn't be restricted especially now that the builds are even harder to max out.

On that note, i noticed only a few members completed all the PTs so it makes me curious to know if some are sneaking extra TPE in per season? It honestly wouldn't surprise me but if we don't change the PT caps, perhaps we can increase the amount of uncapped TPE for those who went out of their ways to complete every single PT as more of an incentive for others to be active.

Thoughts?

EDIT: For those who may be confused with the point i'm trying to make:

"Hypothetically speaking: Regardless if you completed the PTs or not, if you compare member A who completes the PT #1,2,3, and 4 to member B who only completes PT #1 and 4, by the time we are in the off-season member B who completed only PT #1 and 4 can still be capped out just like member A who completed #1,2,3 and 4. In this case, early bird gets the worm doesn't apply meaning we arent rewarding those who are more active because once the post season arrives, member A is now restricted to the amount of capped TPE he/she can earn?"

Therefore, we should remove PT caps and just give a hard cap which ends up becoming a variable number based on the difficulty of the PT. Those who miss PTs - sucks to suck.

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Maybe just remove the cap for those who complete every PT for that season, so they can claim the extra 5-6 TPE they would otherwise miss out on.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

We (sometimes) have a reward for completing all the PTs if the PT team actually feels like giving it out in a given year.

But I do agree, I'd rather see less PTs per season with no PT cap in both leagues. It's really confusing for new members, and honestly serves no purpose when we could just cap the amount available.

And re: people sneaking more TPE, I know there's a good number of people who don't even keep track of the PT cap as it is and updaters don't entirely seem to care so you're probably right.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Well since the smjhl is on pt#4 and the shl is on pt#1 not sure you need to worry about the cap lol

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I have no authority, and very little knowledge about how this site works, but I like this idea. The cap was super confusing to me as a new person, and I agree we should reward active players.

I know that myself and others have brought this up before, it makes more sense to me to cap the TPE available instead. It would also be one less thing for updaters to worry about, we sometimes care Eggy. Wink

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by belgarat@May 24 2016, 04:40 PM
Well since the smjhl is on pt#4 and the shl is on pt#1 not sure you need to worry about the cap lol
Well considering SMJHL PT #4, is pretty much their PT #2, and SHL PT #2 is out tomorrow. Add onto the fact that PT #3 for SMJHL is giving out 1 less capped TPE than SHL PT #1, and SMJHL PT #4 is 2 less than SHL PT #3, it's really hard to compare the two PT groups.

RIP Mac & 701

TPE inflation led to the cap and led to the re-structured scale.

Gradually giving out more TPE is just going to bring us back to where we were before.

No thanks.

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@May 24 2016, 03:48 PM
I know that myself and others have brought this up before, it makes more sense to me to cap the TPE available instead. It would also be one less thing for updaters to worry about, we sometimes care Eggy.  Wink

Sorry that came across a little harsh. But I have seen multiple instances where people don't track their PT caps yet are doing every PT, so it wouldn't be hard to game the system.

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@May 24 2016, 03:49 PM
TPE inflation led to the cap and led to the re-structured scale.

Gradually giving out more TPE is just going to bring us back to where we were before.

No thanks.

I don't think anybody's saying give out more. I'm advocating for give out less and cap via what you make available.

Quote:Originally posted by belgarat@May 24 2016, 03:40 PM
Hmm

Not sure you understood my point of view. Regardless if you completed the PTs or not, if you compare member A who completes the PT #1,2,3, and 4 to member B who only completes PT #1 and 4, by the time we are in the off-season member B who completed only PT #1 and 4 can still be capped out just like member A who completed #1,2,3 and 4. In this case, early bird gets the worm doesn't apply meaning we arent rewarding those who are more active because once the post season arrives, member A is now restricted to the amount of capped TPE he/she can earn? Does that make sense?

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@May 24 2016, 03:55 PM

I don't think anybody's saying give out more..
That's exactly what people are saying.

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@May 24 2016, 02:54 PM

Sorry that came across a little harsh. But I have seen multiple instances where people don't track their PT caps yet are doing every PT, so it wouldn't be hard to game the system.

It's alright, with the Global Claim threads it's very easy to track caps now.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Edited original post - Hopefully it's more clear on the point i'm trying to make.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@May 24 2016, 03:57 PM

That's exactly what people are saying.
.....where?