Create Account

S30 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 06:38 PM by King.)

The Halifax Raiders are looking to the future and are interested in getting to know some of the available prospects for the S30 SMJHL Entry Draft. We have numerous picks in the upcoming draft and are looking to fill some key spots on our roster. We have a decent group of returning players and will be looking to bring home our second championship. So please, fill out the form below and reply to the thread. Either Toonces or myself will be in contact you. Of course, if you have any questions about the team feel free to PM either of us as well. #RaiderNation raiders

* We're not expecting you to write an essay but please provide short answers to these questions.

Code:
[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]What are your thoughts on the SHL so far?[/b]

[b]What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player?[/b]

[b]Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? [/b]

[b]Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither?[/b]

[b]How active do you see yourself being? (1-10)[/b]

[b]What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team?[/b]

[b]Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion?[/b]

[b]How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)?[/b]

[b]What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room?[/b]

[b]Who's your favorite NHL team?[/b]

[b]What are your interests outside of hockey?[/b]

[b]Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect?[/b]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

(b]Player Name:[/b] Kyle Wahlgren

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? Absolutely love the interaction and atmosphere. It takes communication and interaction to have a successful league and the SHL definitely has that.

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? Short term my goals are to continue to better my skills and be a team player. Long term my strategy is to become an elite goaltender of the SHL and with that hopefully comes championships.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? Absolutely. It is my understanding that consistency is king and it is my goal to be on every day.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? I have already written one article and plan to write many more. I'm a bit of a novice with Photoshop, but I'm sure over time will take a go at it.

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) 8-9 ideally

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? An opportunity to develop as a Goalie. I will make the best of my time in the SMJHL to grow appropriately for the organization.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? Absolutely

How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)? 10

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? In my opinion I would bring a growing leadership and a consistency day in and day out.

Who's your favorite NHL team? Chicago Blackhawks

What are your interests outside of hockey? There is life outside of hockey?! Love participating in playing lacrosse whenever I can.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? Because of my commitment level to the organization. Yes, it is my desire to better my skills as a player, but it is an even bigger desire to play an integral piece to the puzzle.

[Image: Wally.png]

Player Name: Solaire Azarov

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far?

It's pretty cool, the people and the atmosphere of the site is what keeps me coming back.

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player?

Short be a decent playmaker who isn't a liability in our own end. Long make it on a good team with some people I enjoy hanging around.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? At the very least activity checks, training might be a little spotty to be honest.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither?

Writing articles occasionally.

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10)

4, I'll be around and talking, but I'm going to avoid being putting too much in and end up getting burnt out again.

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team?

Just a really locker room with some cool peeps.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion?

Yes, of course.

How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)?

8, I it is in my top two to three choices.

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room?

Activity and some great discussion.

Who's your favorite NHL team?

The Red Wings

What are your interests outside of hockey?

Video Games, although my computer isn't always cooperative. I play the Guitar, I'm a huge history buff, and I'm pretty far into Magic the Gathering.

[b]Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect?

If you want some activity in the locker room I'm your guy, other than that I'll probably be a good mid draft steal.

Player Name: Ekaterina Rudnikova
What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? So far, I’ve found it to be an extremely active and welcoming community of hockey fans.
What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? Short-term, I want to go to the best junior team available and develop my player into an all-around powerful goalie. Long-term, I would love to help backstop a team to the Challenge Cup - who wouldn’t?
Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? Yes.
Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? I plan on doing both. I am still getting the hang of this graphic style, but my signature currently displays my first try, and I am sure I will only get better. I am also planning on posting my first article within this week.
How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) 7
What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? I am looking for an active locker room with GMs who want the best for the players and players who train hard to help them to victory.
Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? Absolutely, if there is one.
What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? I can bring my knowledge of goaltending, having played the position in various sports for 10 years. I can also bring enthusiasm, activity, and a drive to constantly do better.
Who's your favorite NHL team? Dallas Stars or Tampa Bay Lightning
What are your interests outside of hockey? Lacrosse, literature, and Netflix.
Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? The Raiders should draft me over another prospect because I will commit myself 100% to the team. I will be as active as I can in order to improve my player, and therefore improve the team.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]

Player Name: Greta Iversen
What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? A bit confusing but some friends helped me out. Smile
What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? Short term: get drafted to a team, start building a reputation for my player. Long-term: Be as successful as I can in order to move up.
Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? I try to! I’m a full-time university student and intern so I try my best to keep up with everything.
Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? I’m a mass media student so I’m trained in formal print and online journalism as well as mediums such as radio. My first article can be found here.
How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) Right now I’m at about an 8 or 9; it’ll probably drop down to a 6 or 7 once fall semester starts.
What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? I'm looking for an active locker room and team. I've had a lot of disappointing starts on forums where people just disappear in thin air and it leads to nowhere. I would also like people who are just as enthusiastic about it as I am. I believe there's two types of people in this world - the people who send multiple texts in a row complete with emoji, and the people who respond with "k." If I want you to know something, by god am I going to let you know.
Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? My dudes, I am always ready for group chats.
What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? Definitely an unbridled enthusiasm about life. I think I can relate to my player a great deal because we both know what we want, and we don't let the people who say we can't pull something off take us down. We're the Leslie Knopes of the hockey world.
Who's your favorite NHL team? I’m from Chicago. No one understands my weird love of the Carolina Hurricanes.
What are your interests outside of hockey? I’m a student radio DJ and producer. I’m very into communication and media analysis as a subject. I’m also a social media intern. I used to compete on speech team and went to state finals for it in high school.
Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? Greta is small, speedy, and ready to fight. Meet me in the back rink at 3 o'clock.

Player Name: Pietra Volkova

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? I think it's fascinating. I've always been the person who watched hockey and cared a lot about the mathematical and administrative aspects of it as well as the game itself, and it's kind of great to have found someplace where I could participate in that and combine all of that with the game I love.

Short-term, I'd like to be drafted at the highest possible slot that general managers think my player deserves. I'd like to gain practical experience in the SMJHL and hopefully work my way up the ranks before I try to get drafted into the SHL. Of course, at some point, my dream for my player is to have her be on a Challenge Cup winning team.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? Yup! As a student, I spend a lot of time on my computer and phone getting things done, and I will treat this as just another one of my obligations and get SHL things done when I need to.

Both, but until I actually get good at using graphic design software, probably more writing c:

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) between 8-10 but I hope to be more towards the higher end of that scale!

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? I'm looking for a good atmosphere, people that I can have a good conversation and become friends with, as well as a team that's looking for success.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? Yeah! Sounds like fun!

How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)? 8! I still don't know that much about the team, but I'd really like to play there!

I think I can bring a sense of leadership, as well as dependability. I want to help the team win, but more importantly, I want to be able to improve and to help the team improve.

Who's your favorite NHL team? tie between my hometown Washington Capitals and the team I grew up watching aside from them, the Pittsburgh Penguins

What are your interests outside of hockey? Music! I play a few instruments, as well as figure skating and reading.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? Halifax should draft me over other prospects because I'm a dependable player who can commit 100% to her team and give it her all in search for a championship and a better Halifax team.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Player Name: Alex Kepka.

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? Looks fun, not really got to grips with most stuff here yet but what I have has been cool.

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? To be an elite two way centerman. Short term would be to be a high pick in the draft.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? Yep!

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? I may try both out, not really decided yet

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) 7 would be about right

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? TBH I have no idea what to expect from a team so I'm open to the experience.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? Sure, why not.

How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)? 10.

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? Fun guy, love talking about hockey and other things.

Who's your favorite NHL team? Yotes!

What are your interests outside of hockey? Gaming I guess

[b]Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? Because I'm going to be the better player and you want that on your team right?

Player Name:
Ieuan Llewellyn

It has all the charm of Jimmy Savile and the good looks of a gurning Maggie Thatcher. It's not bad.

Short-term to find a junior team I feel at home in and will continue to be for a long time. Long-term to really become part of a close-knit team, both junior and senior levels.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis?
Of course.

Probably more articles but I may, occasionally, make graphics if I feel the muse.

With the right team I'll be consistently active.

A fun atmosphere is my priority. I want people that I know I'll enjoy being in an LR with for a long time. Success is not a huge motivator for me.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion?
Only if it's full of shitposting and stale memes. That's all I can abide and all I can offer.

Probably a 3 or 4. Something about the team just doesn't really grab my attention.

A lot of gifs, jokes, puns, and pointless comments. So a lot, really.

New Jersey Devils.

Writing, video gaming, being a fucking waster, idk.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect?
Because I'm p kewl.

Player Name:

Kornel Kasparek

It's good :ph34r:

Short term, just develop, long term is to become a good top 4 defenseman in the league.

Sure.

Maybe.

A top-4 spot would be nice.

Whaaaaat.

I can bring my player.

None, I obviously only watch SHL games.

Roads. I'm serious.

No clue, lots of great options out there.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Player Name: Adriana Starosta

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? Seems fun! Still getting used to the format but it seems like a good time.

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? Short-term -- get drafted to a team where I can contribute and continue improving for the SHL draft; long-term -- become an elite defender and help win a Challenge Cup.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? I plan on writing articles. I'm working on my first one right now, and as a journalism student I like getting to practice that writing!

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) 7-8

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? I'm looking for an environment dedicated to improving the players and having fun while doing that.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? Sure

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? Enthusiasm and excitement to start this SHL journey, as well as the fact that I'd really buy into the experience and the team.

Who's your favorite NHL team? Stars and Caps!

What are your interests outside of hockey? I'm a big volleyball and tennis fan, and I love to write.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? I'm organized and excited to put effort into the team that drafts me -- and years of playing team sports have made me into the kind of team player who will help my teammates succeed, too.

Player Name: Hylytyr NoRetornable

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? 's cool

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? I dunno. I just wanna see if I can make a good player in this league for a change.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? Probably.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? Graphics most likely, might write a little bit.

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) 6 sounds about right.

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? Waldo.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? Sure.

How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)? 10, I don't mind my team.

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? Posts.

Who's your favorite NHL team? The Devils but I'm not much of a hockey guy.

What are your interests outside of hockey? Football, basketball, sim leagues, Cracked, writing, box office finances, breathing.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? They probably should tbh.

Player Name: Alex Reed

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? Seems very in depth and nice people.

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? To make a roster and hopefully learn how to contribute effectively.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? I can and will write articles but am weak on graphics.

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) 8

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? Patience.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? I don't know what that is but yes.

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? Steadiness, accountability and reliability. If you tell me what to do I'll do it.

Who's your favorite NHL team? Winnipeg Jets!

What are your interests outside of hockey? Sports, TV, work, etc.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? Because I wuv da Halifaxes.

Player Name: Thor Skarsgard

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? Looks pretty cool, still getting use to it.

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? Build up Defence, Endurance, Skating & Puckhandling to 80

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? I think so.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? Both, but likely more graphics.

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) 8

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? Playing time :D

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? For sure.

How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)? 10. Halifax looks awesome.

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? Light hearted, easy to get along with.

Who's your favorite NHL team? Leafs. Ride and die blue and white.

What are your interests outside of hockey? Reading, bit of a book worm. And power lifting.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? Solid, active d-man, good addition to any team.

Player Name:
Brynjar Tusk

Its okay

Hard hitting shutdown defenseman

Yes

A little of both.

To win

Yes

Interested in whatever team wants me.

Experience.

Blackhawks

Graphic design, technology, cars, soccer

Better than bojo

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Player Name: Jeff Kirkstone

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? So far I've just been trying to figure out where everything is, and honestly it looks like a lot of fun once I get a routine going and develop

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? Short-term I want my player to end up on a junior team that needs him. Long-term I want to be have fun over the course of their career, and use them to help sharpen and develop my writing skills.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? I work Monday-Friday 9-5 so my free time is pretty regular. At this point it's just a matter of making a routine and getting comfortable with the site and the league. Hopefully wherever I land has some great teammates willing to pass on some extra guidance as well.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? Writing mostly, but I'm planning to develop some graphic skills while I'm here. I'd say the great majority of my submissions will be written, especially for a first while.

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) I think it's easy for me to say I'll be as active as a 10 but the truth is my activity will probably fluctuate between 6-10 depending on personal/work life as it changes week to week. I think the good thing about me though is that I'm very responsible with this sort of thing. If I've got a busy week at work you won't hear about it on Sunday as an excuse, you'll hear it the previous week as a warning. If I'm taking a vacation, you'll know. I plan ahead for everything (generally speaking of course, life happens sometimes)

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? I want to play, I want to be able to learn the game here and develop my player. As a goalie playing time is important and if you're set in goal then we're probably not a great fit. I also value a GM that is up front with their expectations of me and what they need to get me playing.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? For sure

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? Me and my player are both valuable teammates in that we know when guys need to hear that they need to step up and sometimes they need to hear a joke.

Who's your favorite NHL team? Ottawa Senators

What are your interests outside of hockey? Video games take up most of my free time that isn't allocated to hockey and hockey related things such as this.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? Because I am fresh to be molded in the shape of a true Raider. I don't have some attitude that I know how to play this game and I can just do whatever I want. I'm here to learn as much as have fun with the game, so if you need me to do something different, I'll work on it immediately. I want to win, and I will find a way to win.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia