Create Account

Wilson End of Season Presser

Quote:Ready for grading; 3417 words

I am the best rookie forward in the SMJHL AMA.

Before starting playoffs I'd like to take a moment to answer any questions that people may have regarding anything.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2267' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>smallwater17</a> asks:
Quote:ur the worst
That is an interesting opinion, let's look at some facts to get a better idea of what this means. So when we look at poor simulation stats it appears that I am second overall in points out of the rookies. When looking at just the forwards, I am first, however you are a goalie so looking at just one position doesn't mean much overall. Since you are a goalie, let's focus on just my ability to get the puck past you and into the net. So, when reading this keep in mind that I am getting even more assists with my goals.

So let's start with my amazing scoring ability, which is 37.5% better than the second best rookie goal scorer in the league. I scored 22, where as the second best, Hylytyr NoRetornable, only scored 6. That's a pretty large difference, showing without even taking into account ice time I am the best rookie scorer. For the record I only had one more minute on the ice the NoRetornable all season.

Okay, so maybe I just had more shots than the rest of the rookie class.Well looking at this it turns out that I did actually have the most amount of shots out of all rookies, but when you look close, I only had one more shot than the second place shooter, Reed Laing , and four more than the third place shooter, Zach Evans. This evens out to having pretty much the same, but Laing only had 13 goals and Evans only had 16 to my 22. This means that even thiugh I had the most shots it does not make that large of a difference.

So, I guess the natural thing to look at after that is the shooting percentage. Since you need a large sample size to get a good idea of the usefulness of this stat I will only look at people with more than 75 shots. This narrows it down to the natural goal scorers as well as the people that were able to create actual chances. Well, looking at that, I am the best player and rookie in the league when it comes to shooting. If this was only a small sample size you could claim that I am just lucky, but it is not just sample size since it's been a full year. So, unfortunately for you other rookies, it means that this is now a useful stat. Clearly this shows that I have the best shot in the league.

So it is now established that I have the best scoring sense as well as the best shooting ability in the league for rookies we will look at my even better ability, passing. When it comes to passing, I, Trevor Wilson, am 6th in the league for rookies. This proves that not only can I score goals, but I can score points.

So I guess if you're concluding that if I am the worst then this must be the worst draft class of all time. Here's the ranking of this class by stats: Draft Ranking by Sim Stats. It appears that I am ranked second in the draft class, therefore if I am the worst, then 99% of this draft class is worst than the worst. That's a pretty tough conclusion to come to, therefore I must not actually be the worst. This is clear proof that your opinion is incorrect.

Quote:What's up?
Nothing much. Just hanging out and answering some questions.

Quote:Why do you sound like Pollak?
I have never heard Pollak's voice, and probably never will (RIP to Pollak's inactive corpse), I am not sure that I am entirely qualified to comment on this question.

The sound of your voice starts off with vibrations in your vocal cords, which then resonate up your throat. The resonating is what makes everyone have a unique sounding voice. The resonating can differ due to different sizes in peoples throats, meaning that similar throat shapes will have similar sounding voices. So, If I had to guess, I'd say that Pollak probably has a similar set of vocal cords and sized trachea as me.

The entirety of this response is based off one article, that I read the first paragraph of, so there is no disputing the validity of my sources.

Quote:what if?

Quote:Where you gettin drafted fam
Well according to the Real Slim Pooj it's basically a given that Portland is going to draft me. They are the worst team in the league and are just looking for a superstar to build their team around. This may or may not be true, but there must be a reason that the rumours are flying around.

I don't really care where I get drafted, I think I did well enough this season that I'll get drafted by a team that actually wants me there. I haven't talked to any GMs at all, so I really have no idea who's actually interested in me. But, that does not bother me, I'd like to be surprised by the team that I get chosen to. If I start scouting out the teams that I want to go to, I will get my hopes up to go to one team. There's always the chance I don't end up going there, which could cause a bit of disappointment. This way, I won't be let down and can embrace whichever team takes me regardless of their situation.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2310' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>JKortesi81</a> asks:
Quote:When did you know you would be so amazing?
When I first step onto the ice I knew I was destined for greatness. The way the puck felt on my stick, the way the ice crunched underneath my blades, the jersey felt on my back as I glided over the ice, it was all a telling sign for me. I knew that hockey would take me somewhere in life. Also seeing that I would be playing with a great player, like Bent, I knew that I would be able to feed off of him.

I did have a bit of a rough patch near the end of the season, where I only scored one goal in eleven games. So maybe I'm not quite as amazing as I'm given credit for. Hopefully, I can pick my game back up and get on fire for the playoffs.

Quote:Please rank your top 5 ice cream flavors.
I'm not a huge ice cream eater, so my palate isn't too refined when it comes to ice cream flavours. Pretty much if it has chocolate in it, it'll probably be one of my favourites. Here's my top 5 off the top of my head:
5. Strawberry
I put strawberry on my list becasue it is my favourite for milk shakes. When making a milk shake a good strawberry ice cream will top any other flavours no matter what.
4. Birthday Cake
Birthday cake is a great ice cream for celebrating an occassion. I'm not sure what exactly I like the most about this flavour, but there's something there that gets to me.
3. Neapolitan
Neapolitan is great for having a casual bowl of ice cream for desert. It's not overly sweet, like some of my other favourites can be at times.
2. Brownie Fudge
This is basically just an ice cream where they pack all the choclate they can into it. I love my choclate, so I love my brownie fudge ice cream.
1. Rocky Road
Rocky Road is a classic, I grew up on this flavour. It may not be the best in all situations, but I will always savour a rocky road cone. This is my go to, when I have no idea what to pick what anything else is.

Quote:Summer or Fall?
Easily summer. I find Fall depressing. Once those leaves start changing colour it signifies that it is time to go back to school.

Quote:Best liquor?
I like myself a nice dark beer. I've been drinking lots of porters recently. One in particular that I really like is Black Butte Porter, that stuffs awesome. Also if there is a hint of chocolate in the beer it's great.

But that's just when I feel like spending some actual money on my drinks. Usually I'l just get one of the cheapest beers I can find. Molson Canadian has been my go to for that last 8 months (about 7 too many to be honest). It is absolutely terrible, but when you compare it my previous go to it's a god send. Never drink Cariboo it one of the worst beers there is, but if you're looking for the best drunkeness per dollar ratio it top of the league. I have now started moving onto Kokanee, which I basically feel the same way towards as Molson, but my body has started rejecting Kokanee yet.

If by liquor you mean hard liquor, then I don't have a favourite. I usual just buy the cheapest on the shelf. I've recently been getting into mixed drinks though. I really like white russians, but Kahlua's too expensive, so mojitos are my go to. I'm considering buying a margarita maker for my upcoming school year, but we'll see.

Quote:Hugs or high fives?
For a general situation, I prefer a good high five. A high five is more of a "we accomplished something good job" where as I find a hug is more "I'm glad to see you" or "have a good summer."

Quote:Marry.Fuck.Kill Waters, Wehner, Wahlgren, and why
I'm gonna have to say that I will marry Wahlgren. He apparently has the most promising career ahead of him. If I'm going to have to marry a man, I'd like him to at least have a good career. So basically, I'm marrying Wahlgren for his money.
So now it's down to Waters and Wehner for who gets to have a fling with me. I'm gonna say that I'll fuck Wehner. Wehner has that sexy German accent, the Water's Quebecois accent just can't match. No offense to Quebec, but their bastardized french accent is not that sexy. Wehner's name also sounds like weiner, I think he'd know how to show me a good time.
So I guess that means I'll have to kill Waters. Unfortunately for the league they are going to lose one of their best goal tending prospects and the only upside to PGF. But I'd rather kill him than fuck him or marry him.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2101' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Jenny</a> asks:
Quote:Rank each of your fellow Knights teammates' coolness on a scale of 1-10. Feel free to throw in alums
Is there really any other way to answer this than saying that everyone is a 10/10. You guys are all perfect.

Quote:Did you ever dream of how sick your rookie season would be?
I did not. I was contemplating being a sniper when I was originally making my player, but then I chose two-way forward. I figured I'd be more of a role player on the team, maybe more of a second or third liner type of player. It has been amazing seeing my player put up the points that he has, and I hope he will continue with that kind of production.

Quote:What kind of goals are you looking at for the playoffs? For the draft?
In the playoffs I'd like to see the Knights win the cup. Whether that includes me putting up ridiculous number or doing nothing, I don't care that much. Hockey is all about working as a team, and it is even more like that in the playoffs. Personal glory means nothing in the playoffs, so individually I have no goals for the playoffs.

For the draft I'd like to be drafted first overall. To quote one of my idols Alexander Daigle "no one remembers the guy who gets picked second." I'm just kidding, obviously I'm probably not going to get drafted first overall. For the draft I'll be happy with whichever team takes me at whatever spot. I haven't really been looking into what teams I'd prefer to go to. If I come into the draft with a preference, chances are I'll just be disappointed. I'd like to be surprised by the results of the draft and go to whichever team wants me with an open mind. I'm sure whichever team takes me, will want me there, and I look forward to meeting my new team mates.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2077' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ej27</a> asks:
Quote:Do you forgive me for selling you short and predicting you would have a 30 point rookie season?
I do forgive you. I never anticipated scoring 45 points this season. I figured I end up around 30 at the start of the season. Somehow I managed to sustain an unsustainable shooting percentage throughout the entire season. Hopefully that will continue into the playoffs.

Quote:Why is the Knights the best team in the smjhl?
The Knights are the best team in the league because they have won more games than any other teams in the league. They have done this by scoring more goals than the team they are playing against in a game more than everyone else. This is because of the amazing group of players on the Knights. We have had great productivity from both the veterans and rookies. Guys like Sirmais, Bent, Dominique, and Justice have done a great job being the go to guys for this team. Maybe not Dominique (sorry), but he's been a solid part of the supporting cast. But as well as having great veterans, we've got a great group of rookies. Our rookie GMs did probably the best job of drafting in the S30 SMJHL draft out of all teams. We got high scoring stars in Kasparek and me, who have been a huge part of the offense. But not all credit should be given to the goal scorers, the rest of the rookies are just as good if not better members of the team. Otto and Light have been a big part of the team, even though they haven't produced too much. Also Aitto has been a solid goalie all season long and has lived up to his hype.

Not only are the Knights the best team on the ice, we are the best team off the ice. Everyone in our locker room has a great personality, I wouldn't trade a single one of them for Hans Moleman straight up. Also we've got the best GMs in the league. There's also a channel in our discord strictly dedicated to pictures of our pets, it is wonderful.

Quote:How many points are you gonna score against the mammoths in round 1?
I'm gonna say that this first round series will be 5 games, so I think 7 points is fairly realistic. I am predicting 3 goals and 4 assists. My first goal will be in game 2, and my second and third will be in game 5. My assists will be a little more spaced out than the goals. I will have one assist on a goal by Bent in game 1. I will have two assists in game 3 off of goals by Kasparek and Bent. My last assist will then be in game 5 off of a goal by Light.

p.s. I was wrong

Quote:All dressed chips are basically just bbq chips with a vinegar-y aftertaste: confirm or deny
All dressed chips are possibly the greatest invention ever when it comes to chips. BBQ chips are up there, but they still pale in comparison to all dressed. I would rather drink Pepsi over Coke than have BBQ chips instead of All Dressed.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2098' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>bilbo</a> asks:
Quote:What SHL team are you hoping to be drafted by?
I don't have any preference at the moment. I will be happy with whichever team decides to draft me. I'd like to go into the draft without expectations or preferences, so that I can fully embrace wichever team chooses me.

Quote:How is Trevor's fashion line coming?
Wilson's fashion line, "For the Twill of it," has been booming this season. Since becoming fashion twinz with Otto, I think a lot of people have been taking it more seriously. I has been growing way more than I expected this season, hopefully it will continue like that.

"For the Twill of it" is looking for an up and coming SHL player to endorse and make the face of my bradn in the SHL. If you or any one reading this is interested, maybe we can get you in for a photo shoot.

Here's a sneak peak at the upcoming line this next season:
[Image: 10aa34d2bfec21bad95875b136a58df5.jpg]
[Image: 2875097-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg]

Quote:Any chances he'll help dress his fellow Knights? If so, what clothes would he suggest for Dieter Dominique's closet?
I will always help dress anyone that needs help. Maybe I can provide Deets with some clothing from my upcoming line.

Quote:Do you feel like you have learned to navigate the SHL site well?
I feel like I've learned the site pretty well by now. I can usually find whatever it is that I'm looking for.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2285' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Tomen</a> asks:
Quote:Would you be open to play for another IIHF Nation?
I don't think I could enjoy playing for any country more than Canada. Canada is my life and I've dreamed of playing them my entire life. If I had to transfer countries though, I would represent Germany with pride. Germany has an up and coming national team, also it seems like an awesome country.

Quote: Do you think your next season will be even better?
I think I'll definitely be even better next season. With a full off season of training I'll hopefully be able to come in and make a positive impact for the Knights all season. Bent was a big part of my success this season, and hopefully losing him won't detract from my success too much.

Quote:How do you feel about Kelowna's chances next season?
I think Kelowna will have another great team next year with Kasparek and me developing even more. Hopefully Aitto will be playing another season with us. I definitely think that Otto and Light will break out next season and produce a solid amount of offense. I think with some good drafting, the Knights could win back to back Presidents' Trophies, especially will Moleman going up to the SHL. I believe in Jenny and EJ to produce a solid roster for opening night of S31.

Quote:Favorite non Knights Rookie?
That is a difficult question to answer. Every rookie adds something to the draft class and I don't think I would be able to single out one specific favourite.

Quote:Given the opportunity which LR would you like to be in other than the Knights one?
I don't really know what the LR's are like for other team, so I'm gonna base my answer off of their teams. I think I'd go to the Scare crows. They seem like they have solid team that can win some games. I had a couple messages with their GM before the draft at the start of the season and he seemed like a good guy. I'm not actually sure who the other rookies are on that team though.

<a href='index.php?showuser=73' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Boomcheck</a> asks:
Quote:What are your thoughts on fellow Knight Alex Light?
Light has been a great line mate all season and I'm ecstatic that he got drafted by the Knights. I think he'll have a big season next year. He's going to be big part of the repeat Presidents' Trophies that the Knights are going to win.He didn't produce too many points, but he was definitely a big part of mine and Bent's success this season. Hopefully I'll get to play alongside him for team Canada some time.

Quote:Do you intend to stay down another season in the SMJHL to develop or jump straight into the big leagues given your production?
If the SHL team that drafts me needs or wants me to play for them, at this point I don't think I'd say no. You gotta do what the big team wants. It depends what team drafts me, but I think for the most part I would like to play for the Knights for another season. I think we'll have another great team next season that I would mind being a part of. We definitely have a great opportunity for a repeat Presidents Trophy, especially with Hans Moleman moving on to the SHL.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

ur the worst
What's up?
Why do you sound like Pollak?
what if?
Where you gettin drafted fam

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

When did you know you would be so amazing?

Please rank your top 5 ice cream flavors.

Summer or Fall?

How excited are you for pumpkin spice everything?

Best liquor?

Hugs or high fives?

Marry.Fuck.Kill Waters, Wehner, Wahlgren, and why.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Rank each of your fellow Knights teammates' coolness on a scale of 1-10. Feel free to throw in alums.

Did you ever dream of how sick your rookie season would be?

What kind of goals are you looking at for the playoffs? For the draft?

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Do you forgive me for selling you short and predicting you would have a 30 point rookie season?

Why are the Knights the best team in the smjhl?

How many points are you gonna score against the mammoths in round 1?

All dressed chips are basically just bbq chips with a vinegar-y aftertaste: confirm or deny

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

What SHL team are you hoping to be drafted by?

How is Trevor's fashion line coming?

Any chances he'll help dress his fellow Knights? If so, what clothes would he suggest for Dieter Dominique's closet?

Do you feel like you have learned to navigate the SHL site well?

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Interview Would you be open to play for another IIHF Nation?

Interview Do you think your next season will be even better?

Interview How do you feel about Kelowna's chances next season?

Interview Favorite non Knights Rookie?

Interview Given the opportunity which LR would you like to be in other than the Knights one?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

What are your thoughts on fellow Knight Alex Light?

Do you intend to stay down another season in the SMJHL to develop or jump straight into the big leagues given your production?

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

:wub:

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

"Maybe not Dominique (sorry)"

I'm going to pretend you're just playing hard to get. Instead of murder.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Quote:Originally posted by bilbo@Aug 30 2016, 05:05 PM
[b]"Maybe not Dominique (sorry)"

I'm going to pretend you're just playing hard to get. Instead of murder.[/b]

I did say sorry at least o:-)

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ