Create Account

Gorlab suspension has been appealed.

Quote:Originally posted by KleslaR@Sep 6 2016, 08:57 AM

It makes sense that its also about lines but then at the same time, if you're building a role player (say a shutdown center who passes a lot but doesn't shoot at all) then you really need to be paired with a pure sniper but then the other guy might not care about that and he also focuses on defense way too much when he should be a role player to fill out the line. There are so many variables to these things.

And is it really worth responding to people who think they're just right and that's it?
That's up to the GM to address that, understand the way these players work and move them around. But usually people see being on the third line as a major step down, when it could be a huge boost for them. Most of the past few seasons, Mark Longford was our third line scorer in Edmonton and dominating because he played weaker competition. People get annoyed with their place though.

It sometimes can, but it isn't often easy to. Usually I do just ignore it, sometimes I say sorry I can't help how the sim works and can sometimes be inconsistent. If you look at it, I run tests for consistency of over 500 games per team so I know what is consistent. But in a 50 game season, literally anything can happen. People expect it to always be consistently similar, but it's never that way even in real life and that's where most people's primary frustration stems from.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Odd, I was always under the impression DEF has the biggest impact during the sim, in terms of 'enhancing' other categories, with PH following closely behind. Might have to bump my SKA now.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Sep 6 2016, 03:06 PM

That's up to the GM to address that, understand the way these players work and move them around. But usually people see being on the third line as a major step down, when it could be a huge boost for them. Most of the past few seasons, Mark Longford was our third line scorer in Edmonton and dominating because he played weaker competition. People get annoyed with their place though.

It sometimes can, but it isn't often easy to. Usually I do just ignore it, sometimes I say sorry I can't help how the sim works and can sometimes be inconsistent. If you look at it, I run tests for consistency of over 500 games per team so I know what is consistent. But in a 50 game season, literally anything can happen. People expect it to always be consistently similar, but it's never that way even in real life and that's where most people's primary frustration stems from.

Mark Longford was our third line scorer in Edmonton and dominating because he played weaker competition.

This here is the key: Depth. More than anything, what wins Stanley Cups is depth and that's it. I mean, at one point the Blackhawks (incoming bandwagon comments) had these lines (or extremely similar) in the playoffs:

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Versteeg - Richards - Kane
Sharp - Vermette - Teräväinen
Desjardins - Kruger - Shaw

Keith - Hjalmarsson
Oduya - Seabrook
Timonen - Van Riemsdyk

Crawford
Darling

-------------------------------------
Sharp - Toews - Hossa
Saad - Handzus - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Stalberg
Frolik - Bolland - Kruger

Keith - Seabrook
Oduya - Hjalmarsson
Leddy - Rozsival

Crawford
Emery
-------------------------------------
I mean its different builds but the first build there is basically an unstoppable Top 6 that will score all the goals you need except that even the third line has plenty of scoring power and the third line did score important goals and then the grinders of the fourth that could still play good defense and not make dumb plays to give up dumb goals.

Then the second build there, its pretty much the same thing with the Top 6(apart from Handzus, the guy dragged Kane and Saad down because he just couldn't skate) and then we had the bottom 6 be a punch of players who could grind plenty and who just refused to give up because they didn't know any better, that's all they did, they kept poking at it until it went across the line.

And both builds there basically have 4.5 defensemen. The top 4 D plays most of the game and then the top 6 plays the rest in between their shifts, which probably amounts to around 5-12 minutes of ice time (especially with Timonen and TVR, it was less than 10) but they got the job done.

I think people need to forget their egos and understand that if you have a third line that could be a first or a second line in another team, you do it because then you'll be playing against lines that would be 3rd or 4th liners in your team or other teams. All of that is of course just what I've seen in real life but it makes sense, its always the depth guys that score that important goal because they either have the skill or they just have the endurance/strength to never, ever give up.

Fuck you bbp. Thought Gorlab was back.

And don't leave for fuck sake, Charly'by is a comrade at the dot. Do agree need more stats though.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by KleslaR@Sep 6 2016, 07:42 AM

If that's the case, why the hell does the "Behind The Build" in the Militia locker room say

Code:
"Strength - The higher the stat, less chance to get successfully hit. Limited effect on faceoff. (Affect by Coach)"

"Puck Handling - The higher the stat, less chance to get successfully hit / less chance to lost control of puck / better chance in shot block or shot deflection. Part of decision making formula*."

This is exactly why it should only be up to certain people to put this information out. This is exactly why this stuff needs to be streamlined. Heck, Tanner said that the rules to the league were spread across the entire damn league before he went through it all and compiled them all into one place. I hate how this guide here says that puck handling affects so much then you basically say the opposite. What am I supposed to do in that situation? If I hadn't come here because of the clickbait headline, I probably would have never paid enough attention to strength because this guide says that it definitely doesn't affect everything.

Not everyone has the time or the patience to shift throug the STHS forums to figure out the sim (even if its just a bit) so that they can understand just what the hell each stat does in the sim.
The biggest issue, in my opinion, is that Simon T doesn't disk any fucking English. We need RED to translate the German manual for us Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by BeanSnoodie@Sep 6 2016, 02:28 PM

The biggest issue, in my opinion, is that Simon T doesn't disk any fucking English. We need RED to translate the German manual for us Smile)

Wait is there really a german manual or are you just fucking around?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Sep 6 2016, 08:32 AM

Wait is there really a german manual or are you just fucking around?

I thought Simon T was French-Canadian

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by BeanSnoodie@Sep 6 2016, 07:28 AM

French, but Aimon T is easy to understand if you talk to him. People forget he has a forum for the sim and people to discuss stuff.

SHL is going down wire

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Sep 6 2016, 02:33 PM

I thought the same.....

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Sep 6 2016, 07:33 AM

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Sep 6 2016, 08:35 AM

I thought the same.....

So we should really be asking <a href='index.php?showuser=1675' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>enigmatic</a> to help us ;Wink

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Sep 6 2016, 03:35 PM

I thought the same.....

But that's a part of the problem as well: Half of the stuff in the STHS forums is in French and that's part of the reason why its so damn hard to shift through it all because you need to have Google Translate open at the same time and even then some of the hockey lingo is going to get lost in the translation.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1765' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Eggy216</a>

People think Simon T has <a href='index.php?showuser=184' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Chris-McZehrl</a> level linguistic skills Smile)

He's solid on his English, just ask him questions.

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Sep 6 2016, 09:33 AM

Yup, I fucked up and was confusing him with someone else. Point still stands, the English sucks.