Create Account

Next Up in the Bloodline Meeting Thomas Kaiser

<div align="center">SMJHL Prospect Watch
Next Up in the Bloodline
Thomas Kaiser, cousin of SHL players Adam Kaiser and Isaac Kaiser, is poised to soon make his inevitable jump to the SMJHL. The only question remaining is when?
Written By: Sam Moore
[Image: 1297795575727_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si...4614875378]</div>

Thomas Kaiser has been eyeing the SMJHL since the day he started Midget AAA with the Midget AAA Barrie Colts in the Ontario Midget AAA Hockey League. While he isn't the biggest point producer on the Colts, Kaiser has taken on a decisive penalty killing and leadership role on the Colts, leading the team in face-off win percentage (64.8%) and shots blocked (73).

"I don't really know about how my career in hockey is going to pan out." Kaiser told the Barrie Examiner. "While it's a great career to enter, I'm not entirely sure if I'm ready to make that next step forward and play Major Junior hockey."

Kaiser, unlike his two SHL relatives, is a centre and has always been a two-way style of play. A versatile player, a few SMJHL scouts have praised on how Kaiser uses both his body and stick to force plays to the perimeter and helps break up his opponents' chances. While a very defensively-responsible player, Kaiser sometimes sorely lacks in the offensive zone. There have been moments where he will attempt to shoot the puck only to whiff on it completely, or his passes go entirely wide.

"I like defence. What held me back from being a defenseman honestly was my skating. It's not the smoothest nor the fastest, so I decided to roll with centre." Kaiser said. "Not only do I get to enjoy the perks of defence but I'm up in the play more."

When asked about his comparisons to his relatives in the SHL, Kaiser was fairly humble about the comparison.

"Isaac doesn't play defence last time I checked, hahaha. Yeah he's a great skater and everything but wow, he's so sloppy in his own end. Definitely don't wanna be like that guy. Adam on the other hand, he's honestly the closer relative I guess, I learnt a bit about SHL-quality defence from him and how to cover a man properly." Kaiser said. "I'd be pretty excited to play against or with them in the future."

While this Kaiser may be a few years from the SHL, his quality of play will certainly garner interest from the SMJHL in the future. Thomas Kaiser is an able centerman who can seemingly play on all fronts of the ice, a quality that today's game demands from centres, professional or not. A highlighting concern is his skating ability, and while his Hockey IQ has made up for it at the lower levels of hockey, Kaiser's lack of agile skating will catch up to him sooner or later in the much tougher SMJHL and SHL.

"I'm just grateful that I'm getting interviewed by you guys." Kaiser joked. "I didn't realize the captain of a Midget AAA team was that high on everyone's list."

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Nicely written. Thomas sounds just like my skater. Good luck on the recreate whenever you do it. Smile

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

raiders

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy+Apr 9 2017, 11:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkenTeddy @ Apr 9 2017, 11:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Nicely written. Thomas sounds just like my skater. Good luck on the recreate whenever you do it. Smile[/b]

Smile

<!--QuoteBegin-vbottas17@Apr 9 2017, 11:52 PM
raiders[/quote]

stop tampering me.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

One to watch for sure. B)

Quote:Originally posted by bozzz@Apr 10 2017, 12:04 PM
One to watch for sure.&nbsp; B)

he gonna kill it peller

PLAYER | UPDATE