Create Account

Rebound Season?

<div align="center">[Image: DaveyGoal3.gif]
Elias Lindstrom manages to squeak in his 1st career SMJHL goal.</div>

Last season will always be remembered as the season of the suspension for Elias Lindstrom. Due to improper agent activities, Elias Lindstrom had to sit in the stands and watch his Montreal teammates push their way through the regular season. While the void wasn't a huge hole to fill, there was still a hole on the team and it left a majority of players, fans and management uneasy and discouraged. Lindstrom was looked at to be a player who would be coming into the organization and would be able to turn things up a notch and really bring some heat. He brought heat, just not the right kind until later in the season. Once back, Lindstrom was able to cap off his rookie season in the SMJHL a little stronger than what it first started as. In fact, he finished as one of the hottest rookie players in the final half. Through the 25 games, he managed 9 goals, 6 assists and 15 points. Though it was less than what he was wanting, it was slightly higher than most junior scouts.

I don't want to touch a whole lot on the suspension topic. It happened, it sucked and I learned. I've moved forward, transitioned and really pushed myself. I've worked hard, never missed training and have strongly built myself up and improved. I try and be a bigger role in the locker room and am making the adaptions to my skills to hopefully allow us to win another cup.

Commenting on my play from last season, I was pretty happy. The team had a lot of good depth and adding me to it I felt comfortable not running away with a point per game. I know scouting had me a little lower on the offensive side and I honestly had myself a little lower too. I hacked myself pegged at 10-12 points. Not a huge difference, but still a difference. I'm sure If I had a full season, I likely would have pushed passed 30 some points.

<div align="center">[Image: 0sKGECe.gif]
Elias snipes one in to make it #5 on the season through 11 games</div>

This season is a whole new monster for Elias Lindstrom and he's really looking to break free of the past and mold himself into what he wants to be. In the off-season, he was drafted by the Toronto North Stars who had managed to snag the prospect early in the second round. While shocking to see a player of his talent fall so low, Lindstrom has stated a couple times that it doesn't surprise him and he's loving the idea of proving those who overlooked him wrong. This all starts in the SMJHL it seems. Elias Lindstrom has turned the jets on and is already coming up on last seasons totals. Through the first 11 games, he's got 5 goals, 5 assists and 10 points. Again, not what he was hoping, but likely above scouting reports.

Taking a look through multiple reports and online websites, scouting reports had him pegged and a much slower progression and the actual potential of leaving the league altogether and moving back to Sweden. SMJHL Scouting has his potential tagged at a 8.0 out of 10, meaning they strongly believe he's a risky player. On the plus side, his potential of becoming a strong player - or his potential ceiling of what he can become is also in the range as he sits at 8.5B.

I try and not listen to the scouting through a negative mindset. They have their opinions and they have their reasons why. All I can do is use that fuel for the fire and hopefully light the year on flames. I do feel that I have a slight risk to me. I'm an honest guy. You never know what can happen in life and this league. I do also agree with the potential. I feel like there are no limitations to what I can become but a strong first liner is in my future if I keep pushing. Will it be with Toronto? Hope so, but who knows. All depends where we're both at when the times comes and if we both align up. I'm a loyal guy and will stay with them for as long as it makes sense for the both of us.

For now, I'm gonna keep pushing. Keep trying and keep getting better. Surely isn't easy, but I got people around me who have told me it's worth it once you reach the top of the mountain and start really getting noticed by the league and fans

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Stars Towel