Create Account

S34 Championship Week

TASK ONE:
For the Panthers first home game of the S34 playoffs, fans will have a chance to win a special piece of Panthers memorabilia. During a designated time, a question will come up on the scoreboard. The question is: "How many total saves did Timo Haas make during the S34 regular season? The first fan to text the correct answer to the number on the board (if there is multiple correct answers submitted at the same time, a random winner will be chosen from that group) will win a unique experience. Prior to game two, the fan will have a personal meet-and-greet with Panther's star goaltender Timo Haas. Not only that, but they will help Timo design a mask that will be used only for game two. Following the conclusion of game two, the fan will be allowed to keep the mask. Don't miss out on this awesome opportunity, get your game one tickets today!
Code:
154 words

TASK TWO:
Arguably the biggest game of the S34 playoffs was game five of the Challenge Cup Final between the Manhattan Rage and the Portland Admirals. The series was tied two games to two coming into game five. The Rage won game one, then Portland took games two and three, before Manhattan came back to tie the series two to two. The Admirals lead game five three to nothing at one point in the third period, but an incredible comeback for the Rage was capped off by an Ace Redding overtime goal that put Manhattan up three game to two in the series, and put them one win away from winning the Challenge Cup. They would beat the Admirals in game six to win it all, but had they not won game five, they may not have won game six at all, but even if they still did, game seven would have been a blank slate and would have been anyone's game.
Code:
160 words

TASK FOUR:
As much as it gets old hearing about how good he is and how everyone will give him the MVP award, he's just too good not to. He carried his team with nearly eighty points (almost forty goals and over forty assists) in just fifty games. He was also able to score at big times, as he had six game winning goals and five game tying goals. And his points are certainly boosted unfairly by his power play time, as only twelve out of his seventy-nine points came on the man advantage. He consistently plays nearly half the game night in and night out. Some will argue that helps inflate his point total, and that's reasonable, but it can also be said that all that ice time wears him down and may actually make it harder to do well. It's expected to be a tight race for MVP this year between McZehrl and Jets forward Luke Fleming, but McZerhl may take it by a narrow margin.
Code:
166 words

TASK FIVE:
The Los Angeles Panther's marketing director asked me to try out a new idea for a fan giveaway for next season. The marketing team is testing potentially giving away jersey-style capes for fans next season. The capes will feature a large Panthers logo in the center, with a player's name on the top, and the player's number on the bottom. Every player will be featured, but more popular players (such as Chris Crutchfield, Kaapo Kekkonen, Timo Haas, Jorma Ruutu, Jaxson Reynolds, Sebastien Strange, Chester Cunningham, Ryan King, Felix Herzog, Alexsander Komarov, Matthew Leetch, Johnny Cahill, Jean-Luc Reflieux, and Tord Yvel) will have more capes produced.
Code:
105 words

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Task one:

Enter today for an exclusive chance of winning SHL history. A chance to empress your friends and family with you own private manner to remember the SHL Season 34 playoffs. Located in various stations around the arena are several lockboxes with contest entry forms. The form must be filled out completely in order for you to be entered in this drawing. At the time, you receive your form, you will also be asked to show your ticket stub will be scanned and stamped, as this amazing opportunity is limited to one entry per ticket and one entry per person. Attempting to enter this contest more than once will result in losing your chance at winning the unique piece for SHL Season 34 playoff history. What is this unique piece of history you ask? Today at this game, you will have the opportunity to win the jersey that Mia Landvik bled all over when she was beat up by Sven Karlsson, the misogynist.

Code:
~162 words

Task Two:

The biggest game during the SHL season 34 playoffs has got to be Game one of the Winnipeg Jets vs Portland Admirals series. As this game saw something that SHL fans have been yearning for, for several seasons now. An event that had the SHL media all a buzz with multiple SHL podcasts addressing specifically. That event being the return of the Winnipeg Jets to the post season. It had been six seasons since the Winnipeg Jets had made the playoffs, much to the dismay of SHL fans everywhere. In addition to the much anticipated return of the Winnipeg Jets to the playoffs this game also included a piece of something else that almost every SHL fan love to see and also a league wide moral raising event. That event being the scoring of the first goal in the series by the one and only Big Manius. Although the end the game sucked as the Winnipeg Jets lost and the Portland Admirals won.

Code:
~163 words

Task Four:

When you history looks back at SHL Season 34, discussions about the season will inevitably turn to who is season 34 MVP. People will be analyzing statistics, goals scored, number of assists, plus/minus, total points, shut outs, and goals against will be reviewed categorized and ranked for all of us to see. After the dust settles, I believe that most people will come to the same conclusion I did. That conclusion being that VLAD McZehrl is SHL Season 34 MVP. His league leading 38 goals and 79 points are the big factors in making that proclamation. People that put and a lot of weight into hits as factor in determining MVP may not come to the same conclusion as VLAD McZehrl’s 34 hits in 23.7 hours of playing time over a fifty game season probably won’t empress them. Nor will his 189 hits taken which was second in the league overall. However, at the end of the day you cannot deny those offensive numbers.

Code:
~164 words

Task Five:
The SHL cape that I wear is absolutely amazing and is oozing with SHL history. The cape has the epic SHL logo in the center of it and is surrounded by the logos for all the teams in the SHL. The western conference teams located above the SHL logo on my shoulders while the eastern conference team are located below the SHL logo by my ass, so all the east can smell my farts. In addition to the team logos my cape is signed by several SHL legends including GM - Gifter of Bikes, Ron Mexico, Lance Uppercut, Turd Ferguson and Vidrik Onoprienko. It kicks ass.

Code:
~106 words

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo.

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the SHL 34 MVP? Must be 150 words.

TASK FIVE: Would anyone else be wearing a cape? It wouldn't make sense for anyone but the Prince himself to show up in a long flowing blue velvet cape. It almost shone. Above the trim on the top is a beautiful white fur speckled with glitter and jewels. Along the back of the cape though, is the magic touch. Of course, Thad is a former boxer so it would only make sense to plaster his name all over the place. "PRINCE" in massive letters is embroidered along the back. Media day would never be complete without the prince himself showing up in a cape. Calgary will never be the same. (108 words)

TASK SIX: Create a Sports Illustrated front page for the Cup win. Must include at least one render, one headline and two sub-headlines.

TASK SEVEN: Create a 'Tale of the Tape' poster between two players of your choice from the finals. Must include renders, player names, team logos, and player statistics.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S34 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo.

Tonight Manhattan Rage fans there will be a special giveaway night for game 1 of the Challenge Cup finals. It is not just a giveaway. It is THE giveaway of the season. For every fan that attends the game tonight, they will receive a pair of Vlad McZehrl's balls. You heard me. VLAD MCZEHRL'S BALLS DAMMIT. The great McZ. The GOD of Manhattan. This is only a once in a life time giveaway. Make sure to arrive early to the arena tonight as there will be a huge lineup for McZ's BALLS. BIG JUICY THICK GERMAN BALLS DAMMIT! There is no way you can turn this down. THIS IS THE GOD WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. What are you waiting for. Get over here and get your juicy pair right now and BOW DOWN TO GOD AND PLAY WITH HIS THICK JUICY BALLS DAMMIT. YOU HEARD ME! THICK JUICY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. We'll be waiting.

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.

In my opinion I think the biggest and most important game of the playoffs has been Game 6 of the Challenge Cup Finals between the Manhattan Rage and the Portland Admirals. The reason for that is that was the game where the Rage beat the evil Portland Admirals to win the Challenge Cup. It was a do or die game for the Admirals. Unfortunately they couldn't force the 7th game and got blown out 5-2 by the Rage. This game was also important for the fact that it cemented Vlad McZehrl's GOD status. McZ who had a record setting regular season with 79 points proved vital for Manhattan's cup run leading all scorers with 14 goals and 24 points. Barak Obrana who was traded to Manhattan the prior off season got revenge on his former team the Admirals as he gets to hoist the cup. Most importantly this game proved to be the end of a grueling season for the Rage which has resulted in them winning the Challenge Cup.

In my opinion there were only two possible choices for the SHL 34 MVP. Vlad McZehrl and Luke Fleming would be the two candidates in my opinion. But if I had to choose one, I would choose Fleming for the MVP. Despite trailing McZ in points by 9 and being behind him in goals, Fleming was the more all around player between the two. Despite McZ being somewhat more offensively sound than Fleming, Luke was the more defensively sound player leading the league with 212 hits, where McZ is almost non-existent on the defense side of the ice. Fleming was however more effective on the powerplay with 18 powerplay points compared to McZ's 12. Fleming did all of his point production playing less minutes than the more experienced McZ who is very infamous for playing 30 minutes a night. Due to all of this. This is why I have to choose Luke Fleming over Vlad McZehrl as my pick for MVP of the SHL.

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

It is Game 1 of the SHL Challenge Cup Finals between the Manhattan Rage and the Portland Admirals. Despite being in enemy territory as a Rage fan. I've decided to come to Portland in full Rage colors and while wearing a cape made out of VLAD MCZEHRL'S BALLS. I am a huge McZ fan and I love it when he talks about balls. So I've decided to buy over 300 or so Vlad McZ balls replica on eBay and glue them onto a cape fabric and now I'm wearing it with great pride. This is my good luck an I hope Manhattan can win the cup!

Since a giveaway like this one has to be somewhat kid friendly, fan favorites like life-sized replicas of McZs balls or Kyle Wahlgrehns slightly used tissues will not be an option for this occassion. Maybe some original golf clubs of Buffalo Stampede players will do the trick instead? Oh you said PLAYOFF memorabilia? Okay sorry, that's not exactly my area of expertise as you might know. So how about this: The original oxygen tent which the Manhattan Rage used to keep their first line ready to play their ususal 40 minutes a night or whatever ice time they get nowadays. All the Rage's stars like Wyatt Wolker, VLAD McZehrl or Ace Redding will spend about a third of each game in there while the teams second line gets sent out with the sole objective of not getting scored on until the actual players are ready to go again. Now a lucky fan will have the chance to win this rare piece of Manhattan Rage memorabilia, signed by everyone, the actual players and the roster fillers alike!

The biggest game of these playoffs has been Game 4 of the finals. With Portland being up 2-1 in the series and coming off two straight wins, Manhattan needed a big performance to not let the series slip away early on. And boy did they do just that! While the end result, a 3-2 victory for the Rage, migh not look that impressive, the way in which that win was achieved sure was spectacular. Manhattan finished the game outshooting Portland 39-23, keeping the visitors to single digit shot totals in every period and establishing their dominance early on with a three goal outing in the first period. And once again it was the SHLs favorite heel, Manhattan legend VLAD McZehrl, who was responsible for the games clutch play, when he scored a short handed goal 14:16 into the first period. While Portland did manage to bounce back somewhat and make the game close again, they only had their goalie to thank for that as Manhattan was the stronger team all night. Portland would not win another game after this one.

VLAD McZehrl. I know I know, we all don't want to hear about it anymore but he simply is the best player in hockey right now, and he once again proved that these playoffs. His 13 goals in 14 games are a remarkable achievement, with a goal per game ratio being something that very few people have ever gotten close to in the playoffs. McZehrl already had a very impressive regular season but like every true superstar, he was able to elevate his game to the next level in the playoffs, putting up incredible numbers not just in the offensive categories (14 goals, 24 points) but also in a lot of defensive stats (+5, 17 Hits, 6 SB). Critics will point to his inflated ice time and I poked fun at this as well in one of my earlier submission, but the truth is that I don't think that that makes his accomplishments any less impressive. With that being said: Can we please find a way to limit these ice-time excesses in the future?

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

A cape? Okay... Why? Alright alright, better not question it. But what am I exactly? A superhero? My favorite superheroe is Captain Hindsight so I guess I will go with a cape that is inspired by him. After all, hindsight is 20/20 in pretty much all sports, and hockey is no different in that regard. Armchair GMs, TV "experts" and fans around the world will always be quick to point out what you should've done in hindsight, how your fortunes could have changed if you had just listened to them because, obviously, they've been saying from day one that player X will never make it or that you should trade for Player Y. So my cape will feature a sigil consisting of an eye over two crossed armchairs, to symbol this important contribution to the world of hockey that every actual professional loves and cherishes so much. So, so much.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

This season we are doing something incredibly special for the New England Wolfpack fans. Since you guys have been so incredibly faithful over the past couple of years we thought we would create a special giveaway to fans during our playoff run. After every game we will be giving away the game pucks that found their way into the opponents net. Every fan will have a chance and the winners will be announced on the score board before the three stars are announced. The lucky winners will have a chance to meet the goal scorer down in the player walk-way for a meet and great and photo where the players will sign their pucks and you’ll be able to give them some words of encouragement to bring home another Challenge Cup. It’s a once in a life time opportunity to take home a part of Wolfpack history and something you’ll be able to tell all your friends and family about.

The biggest game of this year’s Challenge Cup playoffs has to be game four of the finals with the Portland Admirals up 2-1 in the series against The Manhattan Rage. Portland had come back from winning the last two back to back games. It would have been easy for the Rage to deflate a little bit and get down but instead they came back and played one hell of a game. The series itself was close the entire stretch and could have swung any way, but Manhattan did what they did best. They dug deep and won the next three games in a row to become this seasons Challenge Cup Winners. Had the puck fallen a little differently they could have seen themselves down 3-1 in the series with a huge hole to get out of. This has to be the most impactful game of this season’s playoff. Congrats to the Rage on a well-deserved playoff win.

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

Camera Opens up on close up of Nathanal Russel in the shadows in full gear. Then a shot of VLAD MzZehrl. Goes through a montage of massive hits from the past few seasons of the Wolfpack and Rage matchups.
“Round 2 of the Eastern Conference finals starts tonight”
-Epic goals from both teams shown
“The defending champs take on their archrivals, the Manhattan Rage as they attempt for another round of Back to Back SHL Challenge Cup wins.
-Shows shots from S30, S31, and S33 Challenge Cup celebrations as well as a shot of the banners in the arena
“Manhattan is has not been back to the Eastern Conference final since S23 where the Wolfpack devoured them in a nail biter game 7.
-Shows highlights from S23
“They’re out for blood as they look for redemption. Who will be victorious?! Tune if tonight for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals.
-Close up and pans slowly out as the two teams are lined up across half ice in full uniform in a dark arena, staring each other down as the words "History Will Be Made fade into view. End of scene.

This seasons overall MVP is a tight race but ultimately I believe the award should go to Eduard Selich of the Buffalo Stampede. While his team did not make the playoffs, Eduard was still on an elite level, playing a full 200 foot game for the Stampede. He finished the season over a point per game with 28 goals and 63 assists, tying for 4th overall in the scoring race. He also finished at a +23 for +/- which means he makes everyone on his line better. He’s a proven play maker and a dangerous goal scorer. He’s extremely tenacious on the puck and seems to bounce off the hits players try to lay on him. He’s a pivotal part of the special teams units for Buffalo as well, collecting 10 power play points and a penalty kill assist. Eduard Selich is a proven leader on and off the ice and should be awarded this year’s MVP.

Task 1:
[Image: jI4O17E.png]

Task 4:

As the SHL season draws to an end, and we get a chance to reflect on it we take a look at some of the top performances this season. This season had 20 players top a point per game this season, and another 29 players reach 20 or more goals this season. Three of those players were able to top 30. There was one player though that managed to finish at the top of both of those lists. Vlad McZerhl. There is no doubt who ran away with the MVP this season and that would be Big Z

The S34 season for Vlad was a memorable one for Vlad, he was able to pot 38 goals in 50 games this season (which lead the league), along with 41 assists which totaled him at 79 points for the season which also was the league high. The big achievement though this season for Vlad was finally capturing his Challenge Cup. A long dream finally came true this season and overall was a monstrous one for him and one that will be hard to top.

(182 Words)

Task Five:

I love media day, you get to join into some of the excitement that surrounds the Four Star cup. This year though as a 3rd year vet in the SMJHL I wanted to have a little fun with them. So I adorned my cape that some of the teammates helped me create. A lot of the artwork was done by our crazy goalie Thompson but other stuff was added that wasn’t pictured, (linking picture once I can find the hard link). The other guys decided to add on to it. Izzy made sure to draw on a picture of a waffle maker, which is a big honor in Kelowna and its Captaincy. I also had the S31 Four Star Cup banner thrown on there. I think that was more to take a jab at everyone in the playoffs this season.

Task 8:

[Image: lBdyqG1.png]

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

RENES RAGEBALLS -- starting Game 5 of our series with the Los Angeles Panthers, the first two-thousand attendees will get a limited series stress squeeze toy shaped like one of five Texas favorites as voted by the fans. Worked up over that late third period penalty kill? Squeeze the face of Beau Bent into a squealing little pancake. Lidstrom take a useless penalty for hooking during a tied game? Don't punch your wife sitting next to you, dig your little sausage fingers into the supple, ergonomic foam-core textures our top-of-the-line Rageballs TM have to offer. All five collectibles will be available for sale after the series end, for a limited time only!

Game 4 of the Panthers v. Renegades series for sure -- it was inarguably a blockbuster of a game. One hundred and thirteen shots total on goal managed between the two goaltenders, with only nine allowed goals all game; exhausting by any measure, and for a mid-playoff series back-breaker, they don't get any more serious than that. The end total wound up in favor of the Renegades after the Texas offense pushed the game to overtime with an equalizer -- ultimately ending it 5 to 4 against an exhausted and overwhelmed Haas. It tied the series 2-2 and honestly seemed to sap whatever momentum Los Angeles had going for them after steam-rolling Texas in Games 1 and 2. Not projected to push past the Western Top Seed, Texas' eventual victory in the opening series marked the start of an upset run for the much-beleaguered team.

[CUT TO: close-up of the puck being moved furiously, albeit deftly, through the legs of multiple defenders, then immediate cut to black.]

VO: Grit. We all think we know what it means.

[CUT TO: medium shot of Cody Black boxing out an increasingly frustrated forward just outside of the Texas crease, who hacks and slashes at Black with alarming intensity and escalating irritation. Immediate return to black.]

VO: But the distance between understanding a word, and living the idea, the concept, and coming up with the grueling work it takes to make the idea a realty -- it can't be measured in miles.

[CUT TO: a series of wide shots of pucks being put in past Pel, to Pel breaking her paddle on the cross-bar, to Pel sinking down slowly lying prone on the ice, an announcer shouting -- "Game 1, to the LA Panthers -- and you can see the frustration in her display here as Los Angeles takes Game 2 -- OH NO, WHAT AN UPSET! THAT'LL PUT THE PANTHERS UP 3 TO 2 IN THE SERIES AND;" followed by a cut to black.]

VO: It can't be measured in tears, or fury, or the pain of loss.

[CUT TO: a wide shot of an ecstatic blob of Texas bodies tumbling across the ice, passing one Panthers player who's just sitting down, legs in front of him, staring at the ceiling as the announcer cries "GAME 7 TO THE RENEGADES;" a wide shot of a Portland offensive line taking almost as many shots as there are seconds as the buzzer sounds and Texas buries their goaltender underneath them, the astonishment in the announcer's voice clear "Second Round, same as the first for this tenacious Texas team; with their second Game 7 victory, they make franchise history and league history as the only team to move to the finals after two 7-game series in their favor;" followed by a cut to black.]

VO: It can't even be measured in the sweetest taste of hard-won victory.

[CUT TO: a medium close up of Geoffrey Allen standing in front of empty stadium, out on the ice in uniform.]

ALLEN: It's measured in will.

[CUT TO: a medium close up of Lord Vader, same background.]

VADER: It's measured in all the hours of your life you'll never get back.

[CUT TO: a medium close up of Andris Bukss, same background.]

BUKSS: It's measured in history.

[CUT TO BLACK.]

Everyone in attendance is wearing a cape with their SMJHL team's logo and "Team Hero" jersey number and name from the team. Except for Pel -- who appears to be wearing a Detroit Falcons cape, with "#9 A. Metzler" emblazoned upon it. Especially reinforced by Georgette's new tenure as co-GM of the Halifax Raiders, this draws eyes and questions from the press. "Did you lose a bet?" a member of the media shouts, followed by tittering laughter. Pel grins, and replies: "I gotta admit, I don't have the best track record when it comes to controlling my impulse to make friendly bets, but yes, sort of. Our first year in juniors, there was a lot of social media trash talk flying around, and we made a bet -- if Halifax beat Detroit, he'd have to wear a Halifax jersey of our choosing, and vice versa if Detroit knocked us out. We all know how S30 went -- and the playoff format has changed a bit, but seeing as the Falcons just won the Four Star Cup and Metlzer and I now find each other across the benches from each other during games again like we did four seasons ago, I thought I'd tip my hat in deference to the success Detroit's had this year, and his hand in it. They've come a long way, and we hope to give them better competition soon."

[Image: rgP3tYa.jpg]

The biggest game of the playoffs was obviously the final matchup between the Manhattan Rage and the Portland Admirals. Why? Because it's the game where they passed the big shiny cup around afterwards. Unfortunately for the Admirals, it wasn't even a close game. The Rage took an early lead and the Admirals never could catch up, despite valiant efforts to rally in the second and third periods. A favorite moment of the game was when Manhattan goaltender Jason Aittokallio got in on the scoring with a secondary assist on the last goal of the playoffs--just the icing on the cake for the young netminder who has found his place in Manhattan and managed to break out of his father's looming shadow. The three stars of the game were all Rage players, Ace Redding, Harry Hans, and Tommy Creller. Redding had a huge game, and was responsible for the two Manhattan goals in the first period. Overall, a satisfying season's end for Manhattan Rage fans.

It wasn't a surprise to anyone when Platoon forward Pietra Volkova showed up for the end of season media scrum in a flowing cape, explaining to the crowd of reporters that her kids had not only insisted she wear it, but had also helped make it. It was slightly surprising when her teammate and roommate Mikko Linna showed up wearing one, too. His cape, much to the delight of his teammates and bemusement of the media, was dark blue, trimmed in hot pink feathers, with a big platoon logo in the center and his number underneath in neon green glitter. The cape was absolutely hideous. "They obviously love their mother more than they love me," Mikko said, cheeks pink, trying not to laugh.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S34 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: ptO6od1.jpg]

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

The Texas Renegades are giving away one item from each player on the Season 34 roster that participated in their successful return to the playoffs. The items range from fairly routine hockey memorabilia, to the strange. Georgette Pel has donated the stick that was used during their playoff run, the same stick that was used when allowing all 35 goals. Next up is a combo of items from Rick James. Encased in a beautiful oak case is a used condom as well as a used needle. Both items are rumored to have been part of the celebratory night after completing the comeback against Los Angeles. Both rookies from this seasons, Vasily Horvat and Adam Kaiser, have donated their signed skates to be auctioned off. Cody Black has donated his gloves, also autographed, that can be had by one lucky fan. The gloves have that nice used smell and also include the tinfoil with them. All items can been seen, and bid on on the Renegades website now.

Code:
167 words

The biggest game of the SHL playoffs for the Renegades, because I don't care about anyone else, was the 1-0 shutout win against Los Angeles in game 6. This was both an amazing individual effort on the part of Pel, as well as the rest of the team. Pel lead the team making 21 saves on the way to the shutout. With the only goal coming on the powerplay by Vladimir Lindstrom, it was a very, very close game. It ends up marking the beginning of the end for a Los Angeles team that was up 3-2 at this point. This was a statement game by a team that many predicted to miss the playoffs altogether. Instead they went on to take the series in seven games with a 4-3 win in Los Angeles. This could just be a flash in the pan for Texas, but I think this is a sign of things to come.

Code:
156 words

There isn’t really a big debate this season in terms of MVP. 1st in the SHL for goals, 3rd in assists, and 2nd in shots taken, VLAD McZehrl dominated the scoreboard this season. Being the most dominant player on one of the better teams in the league is not an easy task. McZ faces the best players from the opposition every single night and appears to have his way with them at will. The one thing you could point at as a downside to his play is his hits taken, but at the same time it may just be a strength of his. With 189 hits taken he is second in the league. It would be easy to say that McZ needs to improve in this area, keep his head up or move the puck more, you can't be hit if you don't have the puck. This stat is a sign that everything runs through him and he is more than happy to get into the dirty areas to keep the puck moving or to retrieve the puck.

Code:
178 words

My cape is glorious. Pitch black with silver accents that bring out my eyes. The Texas logo standing out like a beacon to the gods. The cape moves just the right way to accentuate my Gluteal muscles. It hangs down to the mid point of my thighs. I charge to the mic with it covering my face, like a ninja stalking a unicorn. With a wave of my arm and a flourish of movement I appear at the podium ready to answer any and all questions. Everyone understands my power now, there is no question about it. A cape like this would not allow itself to be worn by any regular mortal, only one as close to the Gods as myself.

Code:
121 words

[Image: horvat3.png]

Since this is the first time the Portland admirals have made the playoffs, after the first ever home game, each of the Portland players will be giving away their game worn jerseys and game used sticks to a lucky fan in the stands. Each player after the game will draw a seat number out of a big barrel, announce the lucky winner over the PA system and an usher will bring that fan down to the ice. Once the lucky winner is on the ice, he or she will be able to meet the player, take a couple of pictures with the player on the ice, get their jersey signed by the player that was worn during the game and their stick signed as well. The Admirals will also make a donation to a charity of the winner’s choice in the amount of the winner’s seat number. Portland appreciates how their fans have hung in there for so long of not making the playoffs and wants to make the first time around special for several lucky fans.

Portland traveled to Winnipeg for game 3 of their first round series tied at 1-1. Portland took a 1-0 lead in the first period behind a goal from banananov, his 5th so far. Winnipeg would score two goals in the second period to take a 2-1 as Fleming scored his first of the playoffs and Evans netted his second. The Jets completely dominated the third period in terms of shots and with things looking bad for Portland, Pejonis scored with just over two minutes left in the game to send it into overtime. Winnipeg completely took over in overtime as well outshooting Portland 8 to 1, but it was that one shot off of the stick of Cartier, his second of the playoffs, to give Portland the overtime win on the road. Portland would go on to win the next two games and take the series 4 games to 1. But it was that game 3 win that gave the Admirals the confidence that they could beat anyone and go deep into the playoffs.

My choice for mvp this season is Vlad McZehrl of the manhattan rage. He led the league in points with 79 which was 9 points better than second place and 13 points ahead of third place. He also led the league in goals with 38 and was only one of three players to break the 30 goal mark (32 and 31 goals were the other ones). His 41 assists were third in the league as well. He was a +8 on the season with only 9 penalty minutes, 34 hits, 275 shots and a 14% shooting percentage. He did play a massive amount of time per game around 29 minutes per game. He played on the first line and had the other teams best defensemen focusing on him game in and game out and still produced massive results. He also made the players on his team better as two other players ended up in the top 8 in scoring and two other players in the top 15 in the league in scoring.

The cape of Malkin would be bright red flowing my shoulders down to floor length and made out of the finest silk you could find. And in the middle of the back of it would be a bright yellow “M” with the top left corner of the “M” having an arrow go up and the bottom right corner of the “M” having an arrow go downward signifying infinity. The “M” would be in a circle with a lighting bolt coming down the middle. Malkin enjoys the speed part to his game with a little bit of offensive flair and his cape should go along with that idea.

Quote:TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo.
[Image: ojrwqo8.png]

Quote:TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S34 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.
[Image: ZoWr9gj.png]

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]

1. The "It's a Trap!" Bear Trap
[Image: ivak_Bear_Trap.png]

[Replays of S32 Admirals getting scored on and getting hit]

Announcer 1: “Now this is something you just hate to see, the Portland Admirals have just sealed the deal on the worst season in SHL history.”

Announcer 2: “I think the question has to be asked, where do they go from here?”

[Shot of S33 Admirals hanging their heads and skating off of the ice]

Announcer 1: “That’s gotta sting, Portland, finishing the S33 season with utter disappointment, missing the playoffs by one spot.”

Announcer 2: “You gotta hand it to those guys though, I don’t think any of us expected the season they just had.”

[Shot of S34 Admirals cheering in last regular season game]

Announcer 2: “And only two years removed from being the worst team in the history of the SHL, the Portland Admirals have taken the second spot in the Western Conference, and are moving on to the playoffs for the first time in the history of their franchise.:

[Shot of game 6 goals against Texas Renegades]

Announcer 1: “AND THE PORTLAND ADMIRALS ARE GOING TO THE CHALLENGE CUP FINALS IN THEIR FRANCHISE’S FIRST EVER PLAYOFF APPEARANCE , CAN YOU BELIEVE IT SHL!?”

[Cut to black screen, words appear one by one]
History. Will. Be. Made.
S34 Challenge Cup

Without any doubt in my mind, the S34 SHL MVP should be VLAD McZehrl. A surprise to no one, McZehrl was a dominant force in the league yet again, lending his offensive prowess to Manhattan and carrying them through their season. McZehrl led the league in goals, scoring 38, and was only one assist away from being tied for first in assists. With that in mind, McZehrl obviously led the league in points by quite a margin—9 points. For players scoring 20 or more goals, McZehrl was the second most efficient scorer, following only Jack Durden of the Texas Renegades (who had 14 fewer goals). McZehrl’s dominant play not only allowed the Rage to capture the second spot in the East, but also led them to two straight sweeps in the playoffs, absolutely destroying both the Minnesota Chiefs and the New England Wolfpack, who won the Presidents Trophy this year. A clear leader both for his team and in the league, it should be clear to all that McZehrl is the obvious choice for S34 SHL MVP.

The cape that Jacob Renninger sports is primarily black, and has a long train to trail behind him. In the center of the cape is a picture of Admiral Ackbar with the words “It’s a Trap!” under his profile, as a way to pay homage to the spiritual leader of the Portland Admirals. At the top of the cape in mustard yellow lettering is Jacob Renninger, followed by #S34ACKBARBOYS. The cape is of course bedazzled to the nines along the edges, definitely a symbol of sort, of what however we remain unsure. Finally, trailing the cape is a long line of toilet paper. (not supposed to be there, it’s just difficult to use the bathroom while also being stylish as hell)

[Image: bclD7fn.png]

TASK ONE

Would you like to own a part of history? Would you like to own one of the game pucks that that the new Four Star Cup Champions used to knock out the defending champions, the Militia? These are not your normal pucks. Yes, they have been autographed by the starting members of both teams but that is not the only thing that makes them special. These pucks are controlled by a remote! That’s right! Who needs skill when you can just float your puck like a drone between Thaddeus Prince’s legs over and over again? The first five callers will get their own authentic game puck. Call 1-800-BOO-RIGD now for your change to win! But wait, there’s more! Even if you don’t win, you will be entered into a drawing to start for Halifax next season! No skill? No problem! They’ll train you to skate and try real hard and have fun! You’ll also get playoff tickets to next season’s Detroit/Montreal series. I know it hasn’t been scheduled yet but let’s face it, it’s going to happen!

177 Words

TASK THREE

History will be made in this season’s Four Star Cup Finals. This is the first season that we have witnessed there being no divisions. Don’t quote me on that, I have not been here that long. While this decision was controversial and derided by many (most decisions are), it provided some interesting fixtures in the playoffs. Kelowna and Detroit faced off in the first round. In the past, the only time this could have happened is in the final itself. Now, two former Eastern Conference Teams will actually play in the finals. Prince George, the only team that looked like they had a shot, just fell short. St. Louis who quickly went from worst to first has had a stellar season. Detroit always manages to put a formidable squad together. For the first time, the Cup is guaranteed to go to an Eastern Conference team. I wonder if they will go back to using the divisions next season. Tune in tonight to see the first game of this historical series.

158 Words

TASK FOUR

I’m blown away that Leafer Rielly got so few votes for the S34 SMJHL MVP. Just speaking from a regular season perspective, he literally drug Kelowna into the playoffs. When they talk about putting teams on your back, sometimes they exaggerate. That is no exaggeration here for Leafer. Overall points leader with sixty-five, fourth in goals scored with twenty-six, and second in assists with thirty-nine. I understand the case for Wozy but Wozy was on a much better team. Detroit might have survived without him. Had Leafer not been there, I don’t think Langabeer would have been able to carry that team. He was playing serious minutes and serious hockey. When it looked like Kelowna were not going to make it, Leafer Rielly pulled them out of the gutter and made them compete. While he probably won’t get MVP because sometimes the playoffs can overshadow the regular season accomplishments, he still had a remarkable season. Well done Leafer.

158 Words

TASK FIVE

My cape is a great cape. So great. Everyone is gonna one want of these, it’s so good. I started with a green base because everyone knows that New England is the post popular team in the SHL, so popular. I put a wolf on the back and then I thought, let’s do four wolves. Like the Wolfpack. Because no one likes a one man Wolfpack even though I feel like that sometimes. So I did that. And then I added pink frilly edges around the side and I got these to shoulder pads with ponies on them, and stitched them on there. And then to make it bigly, I added a golden border around the pink frilly edges so they weren’t so frilly anymore. It’s a beautiful cape, a great cape, the best. So good.

136 Words

Renegades  raiders  Finland

As always, fuck your placeholders, amateurs.

WINNIPEG JETS FANS! Your team is back in the playoffs! What is the best way to show your team spirit as the Jets snap their six-season postseason drought? A one-of-a-kind souvenir offer to the highest bidder! We are auctioning for charity an item that will show your dedication to the Jets! Show up to our pre-game party before Game Three and bid on a Jets scarf, sewn together using Big Manious’ back hair! The back hair has been meticulously crafted and died to make a scarf, perfect to keep you warm both in the arena and on those cold Winnipeg nights! With Winnipeg’s trademark blue and red, there will be no mistaking your loyalty to the Jets! And how many people will be able to say they have Big Manious’ back hair around their necks? Just you! All you must do is bid on this one-of-a-kind item at our charity auction before Game Three! Be there! Go Jets!

We fade in to jam-packed and raucous MTS Centre for Game Seven of the Season 25 Challenge Cup Finals. It’s a tie game in the second period, with a faceoff in front of Lauris Prikulis in the Winnipeg defensive zone.

Announcer: 1-1 as we near the end of the second period. Mitchell D. wins the draw over to Steve Linkos. Linkos passes it to Einstein – HE’S GOT SPACE! EINSTEIN IN ALL ALONE! DEKES! SHOOTS! SCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRES! IT’S 2-1 WINNIPEG!

Einstein celebrates with his teammates after the stellar individual effort. We cut to the next two goals in the game, scored by Jamers Both and The Legend With Just One Name, Elyk. There are shots of the crowd celebrating as well, before cutting to the post-game celebration as Einstein and the Jets hoist the Challenge Cup for the fourth time in team history. The screen fades to black, with white writing.

Text: What if the Jets never flew? History will be made.

Certainly, as a totally biased Co-GM of the Winnipeg Jets, I cast my vote for Luke Fleming for the Sarmad Khan Trophy. However, there is a compelling argument for both my boss and Manhattan’s VLAD McZehrl as the league’s most valuable player. McZehrl showed a record-breaking scoring touch, with 38 goals and 79 points. Luke Fleming was arguably a more “complete” player, with 211 hits on the season to highlight his two-way game. McZehrl was no slouch defensively with 12 blocked shots. Both players recorded key minutes on both power play and penalty kill units, and Fleming logged 18 power play points. Some have argued Fleming was “more valuable” to Winnipeg due to the lack of scoring depth on the team (for fuck’s sake I was fifth on the team in goals), while others say McZ’s record-breaking season should be properly rewarded. Ultimately, there are two excellent choices for this award, and you can’t go wrong with either.

My cape is red and black, with “Ken ‘The Hurricane’ Hudson” stitched across it. It is a souvenir replica of the sequined robe Ken “The Hurricane” Hudson wears to the ring before his fights in the SFC. Hudson is the reigning, defending, undefeated, undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the Simulation Fight Championships promotion, and thusly 500 times more successful than I will ever be as a hockey player. It gives me a goal to shoot for, not unlike the nets I shoot at and miss. This is absolutely not a shameless plug for Wally’s sim MMA league, which can be found here. PTs are serious business.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page