Create Account

S20 Redraft Based on Player Statlines

Quote:Originally posted by EuroCap@Jun 6 2017, 11:02 AM

He just wanted everything weighted so he could say Jed is better than the S20 leading scorer and all-time great guy, me. Tongue
Omg there's more than just scoring, you poop for brains

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jun 6 2017, 09:44 AM
<a href='index.php?showuser=2206' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Phobospwns</a> I readjusted my coefficients to give goals more weight, and only 7 of the top 20 players moved around. So, while it does make a difference, it wasn't toooooo big.

I'm fine with leaving hits and SB as even weighting.
I feel ya- the value on hits vs. sb, and even goals vs. assists is really in the eye of the beholder. Some teams/GMs really value hits, personally, I don't as much. I like the process you went through, for sure, and so long as your explanation is good of how you weighted things (which it was), I can get on board.

Just a general comment of how we define build types, how STHS works, and something I know I can't have:

It's like 2 way players and OD/DD can be defined really only by the number of hits... I really wish giveaways/takeaways were tracked, so we could differentiate how players generate possession via hits and via "defense" (i.e. intercepting the puck), which I consider different things.

My thought has always been if you have a player who has minimal hitting, but high D, and they're getting lots of intercepted passes, that's better than a player who lays a hit and 1. may, or may not knock the puck loose and 2. his team may or may not get the loose puck in the case that he does. Not to mention it introduces a higher likelihood of penalties. That's why I, personally, think SB (and TA, if we could track them easily) >> hits.

Cheers, man.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Jun 6 2017, 10:12 AM

I feel ya- the value on hits vs. sb, and even goals vs. assists is really in the eye of the beholder.&nbsp; Some teams/GMs really value hits, personally, I don't as much.&nbsp; I like the process you went through, for sure, and so long as your explanation is good of how you weighted things (which it was), I can get on board.

Just a general comment of how we define build types, how STHS works, and something I know I can't have:

It's like 2 way players and OD/DD can be defined really only by the number of hits...&nbsp; I really wish giveaways/takeaways were tracked, so we could differentiate how players generate possession via hits and via "defense" (i.e. intercepting the puck), which I consider different things.

My thought has always been if you have a player who has minimal hitting, but high D, and they're getting lots of intercepted passes, that's better than a player who lays a hit and 1. may, or may not knock the puck loose and 2. his team may or may not get the loose puck in the case that he does.&nbsp; Not to mention it introduces a higher likelihood of penalties.&nbsp; That's why I, personally, think SB (and TA, if we could track them easily) >> hits.

Cheers, man.
why can OD only be defined by hits? I was an OD and barely hit, still in the first round, makes me wonder how much id jump if i hit more Hmm

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Quote:Originally posted by kit@Jun 6 2017, 11:15 AM
why can OD only be defined by hits? I was an OD and barely hit, still in the first round, makes me wonder how much id jump if i hit more&nbsp; Hmm
The fact that you barely hit essentially makes you an Offensive Defenseman in this league, is what I'm saying. At least, it feels that way.

Maybe not everyone views it that way, but I think a large majority do.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Jun 6 2017, 11:12 AM

I feel ya- the value on hits vs. sb, and even goals vs. assists is really in the eye of the beholder.&nbsp; Some teams/GMs really value hits, personally, I don't as much.&nbsp; I like the process you went through, for sure, and so long as your explanation is good of how you weighted things (which it was), I can get on board.

It's like 2 way players and OD/DD can be defined really only by the number of hits...&nbsp; I really wish giveaways/takeaways were tracked, so we could differentiate how players generate possession via hits and via "defense" (i.e. intercepting the puck), which I consider different things.

My thought has always been if you have a player who has minimal hitting, but high D, and they're getting lots of intercepted passes, that's better than a player who lays a hit and 1. may, or may not knock the puck loose and 2. his team may or may not get the loose puck in the case that he does.&nbsp; Not to mention it introduces a higher likelihood of penalties.&nbsp; That's why I, personally, think SB (and TA, if we could track them easily) >> hits.

Cheers, man.
For me, an offensive dman would be someone with high scoring totals and few blocked shots, and hits. BS would be primary and H would be secondary to me. Although, I do agree TA would be a great stat to have, and I'd drop H altogether, or give it a really small value.

Alas, I don't think that's an option right now. Great points tho!

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Jun 6 2017, 10:20 AM

The fact that you barely hit essentially makes you an Offensive Defenseman in this league, is what I'm saying.&nbsp; At least, it feels that way.

Maybe not everyone views it that way, but I think a large majority do.
Oh I see what you're saying, makes sense

Affiliate of:

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jun 6 2017, 10:34 AM

For me, an offensive dman would be someone with high scoring totals and few blocked shots, and hits. BS would be primary and H would be secondary to me. Although, I do agree TA would be a great stat to have, and I'd drop H altogether, or give it a really small value.

Alas, I don't think that's an option right now. Great points tho!
I've seen a lot of OFD with huge SB numbers, imo SB is a terrible statistic unless you're looking at like SB/SA for your team you know? Cuz some teams just have a shit ton of shots against and some dude might rack up the blocks just cuz it's easy.

Affiliate of:

Quote:Originally posted by kit@Jun 6 2017, 11:42 AM

I've seen a lot of OFD with huge SB numbers, imo SB is a terrible statistic unless you're looking at like SB/SA for your team you know? Cuz some teams just have a shit ton of shots against and some dude might rack up the blocks just cuz it's easy.
Aren't you supposed to be inactive?

Also, ya but will an OFD be blocking shots?

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jun 6 2017, 10:53 AM

Aren't you supposed to be inactive?

Also, ya but will an OFD be blocking shots?
No?

and yes, most OFD have huge PH numbers, which is the main number for SB, a lot of the times ive seen OFD block more than DFD, its a weird stat, and one that i really dont like

Affiliate of:

Quote:Originally posted by kit@Jun 6 2017, 12:06 PM

No?

and yes, most OFD have huge PH numbers, which is the main number for SB, a lot of the times ive seen OFD block more than DFD, its a weird stat, and one that i really dont like
Ripe

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jun 6 2017, 11:07 AM

Ripe
Love u jed

Affiliate of:

Quote:Originally posted by kit@Jun 6 2017, 12:10 PM

Love u jed
I'm sorry, if you were REALLY Kit you woulda texted me or something. I don't know who this imposter is.

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jun 6 2017, 12:04 PM
Omg there's more than just scoring, you poop for brains
Like being a fake dman Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by EuroCap@Jun 6 2017, 12:46 PM

Like being a fake dman Tongue
Excuse you, I played D from S23-S25 or something like that. I'm as real as it gets!

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jun 6 2017, 02:05 PM
Excuse you, I played D from S23-S25 or something like that. I'm as real as it gets!
As real as taco bell's meat.