Create Account

Prince George Captaincy

Fresh off the start of a new Junior’s season Prince George has new leadership to announce. The Firebird’s season 35 leadership group proves to provide a stable and reassuring hand to guide the club through the remainder of the season.

After a slow 1-6 start to the season, the Firebirds handed the captaincy to Dani Forsberg shored up by alternates Xander Green and Oliver König.

First up, Dani Forsberg led the team in shot attempts through the preseason with 125 over 30 games converting for 11 goals. Not only was Forsberg effective at putting the puck in the net, he had 16 helpers for a total of 27 points over 30 games. Forsberg is never a defensive liability either blocking 9 shots and being one of the team’s leading penalty killers throughout the pre-season. Forsberg brings a lot off the ice as well and proves to be a vital aspect of the Firebird’s locker room and providing a guiding hand to the flock of incoming rookies the team hopes to build around.

Next, Green, the offensive dynamo for the Firebirds neted 12 goals and 18 assists for the Birds in preseason for a team leading total of 30 points. Tallying exactly a point per game during the preseason is no small task. On top of his offensive prowess Green totalled a team leading 96 minutes of penalty kill time. Green, one of the few returning players is one to watch this season and you can already see his worth ethic on both sides of the puck rubbing off on the new additions to the team.

Speaking of rookies and new additions, as a shock to some, the team voted rookie Oliver König into a leadership position as well. König enters the league from a historically high-pedigree German youth academy team as well as making a lot of noise during the prospect showcase to boot. Some were surprised to see him fall all the way to Prince George at 6th overall but here he landed tallying 2 goals and 8 assists for a total of 10 points during preseason for the Firebirds. Being 2nd in rookie scoring for the Firebirds is easy task in this highly competitive draft class.

Prince George has found themselves in a precarious situation of late due to their slow start of the season. This retool has proved to be difficult for the team’s GMs and coaching staff as there is definitely a learning curve and the ability to find some chemistry can prove to be difficult. However after speaking to PGF ownership, the club has full confidence in this roster and staff. It is now just a matter of time for things to start clicking for the Firebirds and with this talented bunch I reckon it will be sooner rather than later.

To Dani, Xander, and Oliver: Congratulations! To the rest of the Firebirds roster, good luck and have a great season!

Code:
486 words ready for grading :)

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Congrats to all three of you! Cheers

congrats guys, Firebirds

B) Firebirds

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first