Create Account

St. Louis Scarecrows Captaincy Announcement

<div align="center"> Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows Captaincy Announcement Scarecrows </div>
[ready to grade| approx 1480 words]

Before we get started, I’d like to welcome the newest member of our team, right winger, Teddy Cuddles (cpetrella)! Like plenty of other players, Teddy missed declaring for this year’s draft, however was able to register as a free agent. After our scouts told us of the potential he has, we knew we had to sign Teddy. When I asked him on what made him sign with us, he responded:

“I'm very excited to sign with the Scarecrows. This team is a great group of guys and everyone has been so welcoming. What really sold me on coming here was how Joe immediately contacted me after I signed up and offered me help on the site. He was approachable and told me a lot of good tips to start off. I also met a couple of the guys on the roster in the discord and they were all great to talk to. Also, the success of the team was a part of me signing here too. I want to win. I love to win and love to be part of winning teams. My expectations for my experience this year is to have a good time, progress my player, meet new people, and hopefully help this franchise bring home the cup.”

Teddy, we hope you enjoy your stay and we look forward to seeing you hit the ice!
<div align="center"> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</div>
Now onto the why we're all here.

We’re nearly half way through the 35th SMJHL season, and there’s been non-stop buzzing around the St. Louis Scarecrows front office. After an incredible post season last year, very little time was left for the GM’s and coaches to sort out everything for this year. The focus has been to build off last year’s success and with the limited time before the season started, some decisions had to be put off to a later date. However, that’s not to say those that were delayed are not as important as the others, but rather, needed more time to be thought through. With that being said, we would like to announce the St. Louis Scarecrows season 35 captains. Before we congratulate the newest leaders, we would like to thank the captains that led us through an absolutely spectacular season last year:

First, we’d like to thank last season’s First Alternate Captain, Brett Kennedy (TheRealBK). There’s so much that can be said about Brett- last year he played a major part on the back-check, but was still able to net 13 goals and 13 assists. He’s an outgoing guy and fun to be around, and is definitely a key part of team morale. We’d like to thank you for everything you’ve done and continue to do for the franchise!

Second, we’d like to thank last year’s Second Alternate Captain, Joonas Rasmussen (wikiplaysgames). Finishing 15th overall in points, and 9th in assists, Joonas was instrumental to the success we had last year. He’s continued into this year with great form, once again 9th in assists, earning 15 points in total. Joonas is a great part of this team on and off the ice, being an amazing person in our locker. Again, Thank you so much!

Finally, we’d like to thank S34 Team Captain, Crossfit Jesus (Crossfit Jesus). There’s not enough words to describe him. He’s truly made a name for himself in the SMJHL. He’s a leader both on and off the ice. No matter the situation you can always count on Crossfit, and that’s what makes St. Louis special. Thank you for your service, Jesus!

Now on to the big reveal. In the spirit of building leadership throughout the locker room, we’ve decided to continue the tradition of rotating captains each year. These three individuals not only prove themselves in the rink, but also act like the glue that holds the team together outside the rink. They are exceptional people that have helped the new recruits get settled in and help feel welcome (even to go as far as taking a couple on a road trip!Wink, and through-and-through embody what it means to be a Scarecrow. Here are your season 35 St. Louis Scarecrows captains:

<div align="center"> [color= Goldenrod] First Assistant Captain: Chuck Goody Jr. (Nike)
[/color]
</div>
Let’s face it. Chuck is the player that all the young defensemen should want to become. He’s improved tremendously from last year and looks to be having a stellar season so far. It’s no wonder that he’s a starter, playing like a brick wall. But he’s also tapped into his ability to produce offensive chances, earning 10 assists already (13 points in total). Commenting on the decision Scarecrows Co-GM Joe Kortesi said

“Chuck Goody Jr. is a fantastic locker room leader. He comes from an all-star bloodline and it shows that he's learned a thing or two from his father. He's the anchor of our defense for hopefully another season or two.”

Without a doubt, we look forward to Chuck’s help in leading this great group of guys. Congratulations Chuck, and keep up the great work!

<div align="center"> [color= red] Second Alternate Captain: Crossfit Jesus (Crossfit Jesus) [/color] </div>
Again, what do you say about this guy? Do you state that he’s a pillar of our offense? Or mention how he’s still an amazing guy that’s great to be around in the locker room? The fact of the matter is that Crossfit Jesus is a core component, through and through. He’s been a lead-by-example person, and boy has he- Jesus has followed up his impeccable last season with 23 points in 22 games played so far this year. But it’s not just his skill that’s impressive- Crossfit is a guy that aims to make everyone laugh and can bring a smile to everyone’s face. We caught up with him after a practice and asked what he thought about being named an alternate captain:

"Well for starters I was actually approached by my teammates including Louie Garrett to be Captain again after leading the team last season to a Four Star Cup Finals birth in how many seasons. But as a returning player in his last season [I'm] looking to just win the Four Star Cup and head off up to the big time to continue my journey and build on my legacy. Most importantly I'm a team player and I'll take a pay cut or demotion ,if you think this is one, just to make the team happy and keep the engine moving on. I've dealt a lot over the off-season with the scrutiny and drama surrounding my name [...] I'm just happy to be around a group of guys who take the sport of hockey seriously and strive to win the ultimate prize in the SMJHL in the Four Star Cup. If you aren't striving for the best prize that you can win then why are you playing in the game in the first place?”

We’re glad to have you back leading the team, so congratulations and let’s make this a year to remember!

<div align="center"> [color= Black] Finally, your Season 35 St. Louis Scarecrows Team Captain is Louie Garrett! (dizzyDC) [/color] </div>
There’s no better way sum up Louie than how Joe Kortesi did:

“Nobody in this league is more deserving of a captaincy than Louie Garrett. Besides just being a model Scarecrow on the ice, Louie does so much more off the ice. He mentors the rookies and gets them on the right path. His help this off-season was immeasurable with such a huge draft class. If you cut him, hay falls out. He's everything you want in a leader: He sets the example for the rest of the players, he's always upbeat, and he trains harder than anyone else I’ve seen. He truly deserves more credit in this league than he gets, and I’m confident that he can lead us to the Four Star Cup this season.”

Not only can you see the impact Louie has had on St. Louis, but he’s also apart of the SMJHL Mentors program, aiding in the acclimatization of new draftees to the league. Louie has been an invaluable asset to St. Louis in every aspect of life. So much so, that one of the new draftees has even gone to say Louie is the reason he wanted to be a Scarecrow. When we called Louie to give him the news, he said:

“I'm very happy to get this opportunity to lead the Scarecrows. We have a lot of very talented leaders on this squad so it personally means a lot to me that I was given this responsibility. I think we have what it takes to bring home a 4 Star Cup this season and I will do everything in my power as a player and leader to make that happen.”

Speaking on behalf of the front office, I’d like to congratulate you all and wish you the best of luck in the second half of the season!
Thank you all for your time.

Jacob Kovacs,
PR Team Assistant
Scarecrows

Congrats Guys!

congrats

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Way to go Dizzy!

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

It's an honor boys! Now lets go win that cup!

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Garret, Jesus and Goody Jr.
Damn solid group on and off the ice.
Congrats to you guys and the Crows.

Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Congrats! Good group.

[Image: FReZg9W.png]

Congrats boys!

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Let's do this boys!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Good shit dizzy Smile

Snubbed

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Congrats to Chuck, Crossfit, and Louie on their captaincy roles!
Scarecrows

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Deplorable@Jun 28 2017, 06:13 AM
Snubbed

Not all heroes need letters.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Towel

Thanks yall! Go crows! Scarecrows

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Jun 28 2017, 07:02 AM
Towel

Thanks yall! Go crows! Scarecrows
Dude, I'll be playing at Warrior on the 7th of July if you want to meet up. We're hitting the ice after the Bruins Dev Camp.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother