Create Account

solve the discord problem i think

idek people complain about how discord is killing the league. A lot of discussion going on about that for the last few months.

my suggestion is that somebody who is of a position in power should gather a list of the users who use discord most frequently and give them the harshest punishments possible.

List of potential punishments (thought of by myself and <a href='index.php?showuser=30' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>HabsFanFromOntario</a>)

- 3-5 season ban from the league
- Loss of GM role
- Auto-retirement of player
-$30m bank penalty
- Cannot hold position of authority ever (bye bye GM role for <a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>mpc</a>)
- Loss of all 155 starting TPE OR inability to train for a full season (Whichever is worse)
- Regression starts 3 seasons earlier for your next player

I think by giving these punishments to the most frequent of discord users will scare other users off of using the app and will bring back the prosperous glory days of forum LR discussion.

yes

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Can confirm, Formx for commissioner.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

i agree

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Not a fan, this would be very hard to police and who's to say that I don't have a hockey discord I want to have some of my shl friends in. I like LR activity but punishing people for using discord isn't the answer imo

Also banning people to raise site activity is a ridiculous suggestion

I like it Fire <a href='index.php?showuser=1765' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-4'>Eggy216</a>

tbh forget about being commissioner, run for public office

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Quote:Originally posted by Kaisonious@Jun 28 2017, 01:19 AM

Dude... cmon :lol:

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

Quote:Originally posted by Kaisonious@Jun 28 2017, 05:19 AM
It is the only way obo

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Kaisonious@Jun 28 2017, 12:16 AM
Not a fan, this would be very hard to police and who's to say that I don't have a hockey discord I want to have some of my shl friends in. I like LR activity but punishing people for using discord isn't the answer imo
It's a joke

Quote:Originally posted by GroupMeIsKindOfOkay@Jun 28 2017, 01:42 AM

It's a joke

Who did your title, also how did Seguin not make HoF?

yas punish me bb. league is ded

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

This is ridiculous. Punishing people for using the superior program is crazy.

Discord is a fantastic service. It provides a great place to have just general discussion in an easy flowing conversation. You don't need to refresh every 5 seconds to see if someone replied to you, you know when someone is typing, so there's less of a chance of getting conversations all tangled up. Not to mention things are kept nice and sleek, so you don't have to scroll through 8 miles of signatures to find the 3 words someone posted in response to your comment. Tags are so much more noticeable on discord than the forums. You get a nice big red #1 to show you exactly which forum and how many notifications you've got. It even gives a great sound to notify you.

People complain that they have to scroll through 800 notifications, but that's just people who don't understand how it works and obviously refuse to learn a simple program. Even an active LR is easy to keep up with, if you check up every so often.

And of course, the blessing of how fantastic Discord is for mobile. It uses way less data than trying to refresh Chrome or Safari every 5 minutes. Talk about a waste - maybe someone posted something, maybe not, but I'm going to load up this entire webpage anyway. Discord updates it automatically, and you get a nice notification so you know when someone posted, so you don't have to constantly be checking it.

Like are you people really too dumb to learn how to use such a simple program to improve the QoL by a mile? Jesus.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]