Create Account

SMJHL Jersey Redesign Announcement Adidas rebrand for all 8 teams

<div align="center">[Image: VRDu8a5.jpg]</div>

Kelowna, BC - Today, the 8 SMJHL teams and sports company Adidas have come together to announce the reveal of their brand new Adizero line of SMJHL jerseys, overhauling and tweaking the home, away and alternate jerseys of the league's teams. As part of our SHN exclusive feature, we'll be walked through all 24 brand new jerseys by SMJHL/Adizero designer himself, Nour Harrak, was well as gathering first reactions from the players and GMs around the league.

<div align="center">[Image: oe1kSIt.jpg]</div>

"It was a really painstaking process to redesign all the 8 teams, but we felt that there was a lack of true originality and flare in a lot of the current iterations of the SMJHL jersey, and at Adidas we knew we could push the envelope a bit and create something really special instead," said Nour Harrak. "We felt some teams like Montreal, Detroit, Vancouver and Halifax had their jersey situation figured out and made minimal changes, but teams like Colorado, Kelowna, St. Louis and Prince George needed something more and we feel this redesign allows each of these teams to wear a jersey they can be proud of. At the very least, every team has received a brand new design for their alternates, making the redesign a big one for everyone."

Without further ado, let's get started on our tour through the SMJHL's brand new jerseys.

<div align="center">[Image: hueErpY.jpg]</div>

The Colorado Mammoths go through easily the biggest change of the SMJHL's Adizero redesign, and for a team with a lot of fresh faces and a push to shed their recent lack of success and be among the league's elite, a total rebrand is just what they needed.

<div align="center">[Image: 3tbbeEH.jpg]</div>

The Mammoths drop the grey, orange, black and white for a much more vibrant and unique colour scheme, boasting a primary set of purple, lavender, orange and white. They own arguably the most creative design in the entire league, with a really bold and intimidating purple taking the forefront of their design, but the lighter secondary colours helping to soften it on the eyes, as well as give the jersey a lot more appeal to it visually. The aways follow the same structure, opting for the dark purple as the more dominant of the secondary colours to keep that aggressive look from being lost against the white jersey.

<div align="center">[Image: 7qvyk4G.png] [Image: ulPinX6.png]</div>

As well, Colorado is one of only two teams to use 2 new logos this season on all their jerseys. The left takes centre stage on their home and away, but the second (designed by Mammoths GM InciteHysteria) finds it home on the chest of the Mammoths news alternate jersey, which keeps their classic colour scheme alive, but on a much more modern and clean jersey, with a much brighter orange to help contrast the darker grey and black tones.

"Yeah, we're really looking for a new identity. Colorado won a cup back in S27, but have struggled since then unfortunately," said GM InciteHysteria. "This season we're going to finally be able to ice a very talented young team, and it's time to rebrand for the new era."

<div align="center">[Image: YCDASX7.jpg]</div>

The reigning Four Star Cup champs don't want to mess too much with the jersey they just found great success in, though the minor changes they did make go a long way towards modernizing their jerseys and cleaning up as they look to go for their repeat this season. In contrast to the Mammoths, this jersey is an improvement without needing to abandon their previous design.

<div align="center">[Image: iXckRL6.jpg]</div>

As a general overview, the Detroit Falcons sport a look that is very similar to what they had last year. The white arm bands are slightly higher up on the jerseys, and for the homes that is about it. The real noticeable difference comes on the aways, which maintain the red sleeves of the home jersey. A plain white away jersey just didn't suit a team like the Falcons with a muted, bold red. Other teams sport a variety of colours in their set, the Falcons only need the one, and this new set really lets them run with it.

<div align="center">[Image: wwJVcTs.png]</div>

Detroit's new logo takes its place right on the alternates, which sees a much bigger change from last year's alternate. Detroit is a team steeped in vintage design and appearance, and we wanted to create a new uniform that was unrecognizably modern, almost futuristic in its style. What we arrived at it something that gives Detroit a MUCH needed modern day update without ruining the fondness players and fans alike have for the current home/away set. Its sleek and polished, and when paired up with the classic red and white, it creates a dynamic look that is sure to catch eyes on the ice.

"Coming onto a team that had just won the cup, I didn't see why we needed a redesign," said first year player Mathias Victorsson. "After we all got our first look though, these jerseys just SCREAM Falcons, and they're gonna look even nicer in the championship repeat photo."

<div align="center">[Image: vyeLhUp.jpg]</div>

Minor changes come for Halifax who were looking to modernize what was already, in my opinion, a perfect set of jerseys. There's no need to fix what's broken, and with that concept in mind, Halifax takes the ice with a tried and true design that works well for them, but with a bit of a surprise as well.

<div align="center">[Image: sRTQprY.jpg]</div>

Halifax's design is a vintage and timeless look that has been in hockey for years now, and when tackling what we wanted to do to it, we had to approach the situation very carefully, and really challenge ourselves not to reinvent the wheel here when updating this look. Ultimately, cleaning up the arm and waist bands helped to really put the individual colours at centre stage against the black. Whether its the vegas gold and white of the home, or the black and vegas gold of the away, separating the two colours really helped make the jersey a favourite among the staff here at Adidas. Some might call this look generic, but with a colour scheme like this, anything is gonna look great.

<div align="center">[Image: VkOmitR.png]</div>

Despite a home and away set remains only mildly changed, the Raiders brand new (and first ever) alternate is home to a logo that is a stark deviation from their more intimidating colour scheme. Throughout the years of the Raiders history, their jerseys have remained one of the best in the league, but unfortunately, the price you pay for good design is it often becomes tiresome. We wanted to create a radically different alternate that could lift some of the pressure from the home and away, while still remaining true to Halifax. The colours of the alternate as well come together in a way that stands by itself in a unique way, and yet bears a very familiar feel to it. Once we had settled on gold as the primary colour, the rest came naturally.

Raiders alternate captain Cody Fletcher said the following about the new threads: "Oh where to start about the new jerseys? The first time I saw them I was speechless. I mean, the work done by the designer is amazing, he was able to keep the spirit of the team, and still modernize everything. Removing a few stripes, changing the colour of the collar and adding the laces are changes I am really fond of ! However, let's talk about my favourite thing about the new design; the alternate jersey is wonderful! I really hope we'll get the opportunity to wear it a few times at home and make our fans, both Nova Scotian and abroad, proud of our province!"

<div align="center">[Image: uvGlsLk.jpg]</div>

For the Knights, sweeping changes come to a jersey that too long was so bland and empty it was almost losing any meaning. A fresh and updated look for Kelowna, the first team to unveil its new Adidas jerseys last week, has left players and management alike in awe. The results so far have been resounding love, and the players now don a jersey they can take pride in.

<div align="center">[Image: kYaUtp7.jpg]</div>

Boring is the first word that comes to mind when looking at Kelowna's old jerseys, which is a shame since they boast one of the best colour combinations in the league: green and cream." The new designs change everything, ditching the plain green jerseys with a logo slapped on them for something that really shows off their amazing colour scheme. The heavy addition of black gives a very intimidating look to the jersey, while the cream finally makes it debut on the knights jersey, contrasting well against the black and dark green. The aways are being received by players even better, already becoming a fan favourite jersey in terms of sales. The team has never taken the ice looking better than this.

<div align="center">[Image: dURRrpP.png]</div>

Another popular change comes to the alternates, which keeps the sleek black of past alternates, but aesthetically adds a lot more. The logo itself has circulated in Kelowna for quite some time, but finally makes its debut on the almost military-like alternates for the Knights. Scrapping the gold for a more knight appropriate silver, the reception from players like Clint Eastwood and Mike Izzy has been nothing but positive, hastily and excitedly wearing them for their debut in a game earlier this season.

"Our team is looking fly as fuck in these new jerseys," said Kelowna GM Jenny. "To be honest, those old ones were so old and stiff they could practically be snapped in half. Now our players are nice and comfy. Thanks adidas you're the GOAT."

<div align="center">[Image: BgEWMJ8.jpg]</div>

Coming into this redesign project, the Adidas team and I agreed there were a few team jerseys we weren't going to make big, sweeping changes to, and Montreal was the easiest of the bunch to come to the decision on. The Militia is a team that has prided itself on its long and storied history, that we at Adidas thought we had nothing to add to visually. The design itself is stunning, and pre-redesign, was far and away the League's best design. Even with minimal changes, it remains among the best.

<div align="center">[Image: HcBcHVK.jpg]</div>

There's not too much to say about a jersey that hasn't changed much other than to continually praise it. Montreal's burgundy and gold colour scheme is gorgeous and is consistently one of the most eye-catching combos in the league. Its royal, its classy, and its perfect for Montreal. The band around the chest and elbows are removed in favour of a much simpler look that calls back to Montreal's alternate's last season, which puts a much greater emphasis on the logo the jersey bears. As a whole, this jersey is the closest thing the SMJHL has to untouchable.

<div align="center">[Image: XWM0ADZ.png]</div>

Though it looks like a simple recolouring of the Militia's current logo, longtime SMJHL fans in Montreal will recognize this colour scheme in a heartbeat. Running in literally the opposite direction of their dark burgundy homes, the alternates keep with the Militia's regal design with a deep royal blue, a major change that the team was itching to make after not getting to adjust the primary MTL set. The blue, grey and white calls back to the colour scheme of the Montreal Impact, the previous team name before the current "Militia" moniker. Overall, the team at Adidas and Montreal management felt that these jerseys were the perfect blend of future and past.

When asked for his thoughts, current Seattle Riot GM and Montreal Alumni Viatcheslav Orlov responded, "Stunning, absolutely stunning. The blue gives a nod to the old Impact guard, but the home and away both remind someone of true Montreal hockey. I'd love to suit up in one of those, where's my alum jersey?"

<div align="center">[Image: 0QNjkhI.jpg]</div>

For Prince George, the team had a dire need for ground up redesign in the same vein as Colorado and Kelowna. Possessing a fiery and explosive set of colours, it was painful seeing the old logo just slapped onto a red jersey and leaving it at that. Fire is in this team's name, fire is in this team's play, and fire is what we aimed to bring to the Firebirds when we drew up this design. This is a whole new era of PGF hockey.

<div align="center">[Image: aAz2xeR.jpg]</div>

Suddenly, the Firebirds rocket themselves to one of the best jerseys in the league, and it all starts with a brand new logo. The horizontal bird head logo just didn't work well for Prince George, but the core concept of the logo remained a great one throughout the design process. We tried everything before deciding to cut the logo at the neck and paste it into a crest, and suddenly we all felt like we had struck gold Already we were off to a good start, and we built off that momentum to push for the jersey here today. The jerseys went from red and black beer league jerseys to a bright, unique and fiery design that could honestly fit right at home in the SHL if it wanted to be. Both the home and the away are huge steps in the right direction for this team, really providing a lot of flare and excitement to this team that fans have been dying to see on the team visually.The incorporation of more of the black and yellow-orange from their logo only served to make the burning red even more intense in contrast.

<div align="center">[Image: Whc00FE.png] [Image: qTZZepJ.png]</div>

The team roars into this season with two new logos, although to say either are completely new is a bit of an overstatement. While the primary logo is an adjustment made to their existing logo, the alternate really shines as the most unique amongst the two, and is more likely to resonate with the more die-hard of the PGF fanbase. Veteran SHL members will recognize the alternate logo as the very first Firebirds logo used in the SMJHL's first season, coincidentally the season that the Firebirds won their first championship. Opting for a black jersey with more muted colours, the jersey gives off a retro feel, and for original Prince George fans, it's a big hit of nostalgia.

"I'm excited for this jersey update," said alternate captain Oliver König. "I already thought we looked sharp when we stepped onto the ice, but these take the cake. I may be biased but I think these are the best looking in the league and getting to pull them on every night is an incredible honoUr. I think the fans, who represent us will be happy with this decision as well."

<div align="center">[Image: QC3uNxN.jpg]</div>

The Crows were another team actively searching for a visual update for their team. Prior to this design, St. Louis had 5 jerseys in their rotation, but the probably arose in the fact that none of those 5 stood out as unique amongst each other, instead just being carbon copies in structure and colour scheme. This design condenses that number to 3, each of which really help give the team a much better identity as they take the ice.

<div align="center">[Image: Z0ONYOL.jpg]</div>

The first major decision when designing the new Scarecrows jersey was picking which colour was going to be the primary home colour going forward. We experimented a lot with the red and the black, but it was ultimately the wheat gold jerseys that stood out as the best by far. As a part of the home jersey, it stands out as a very unique and bold jersey amongst the other 7 SMJHL teams, being the only team to boast a gold home jersey. The aways as well were very fun to work with, muting the bright wheat gold and letting the plain white shine instead. Ultimately, the jerseys' final concept really does stand on its own, finally giving STL a jersey that shapes their identity.

<div align="center">[Image: LC9Lqky.png]</div>

The Scarecrows have had a chance to have a very mean-looking and intimidating colour scheme for years, and with the redesign project they finally take advantage of that, dropping the gentler wheat gold for an all black look, only breaking from the black with small uses of red and tan. Even the logo itself is minimalistic, allowing the black on the alts to remain the dominant feature of the jersey. The results of this were a really menacing look for the Crows, and one that the players immediately fell in love with.

First year rookie Joe Lombardi commented on the jerseys: "I love the new Scarecrows jerseys, as they're very comfortable and the colour scheme works out really well. Really excited for the fans to see us in these this year!"

<div align="center">[Image: aWYFgOV.jpg]</div>

Vancouver, while getting a new alternate in this redesign, is the only team of this bunch of 8 to remain untouched completely through the design process. Vancouver's was probably the most urban design of the teams, and despite toying around with the idea of changing it to a blue jersey, we felt that Vancouver's design was just too independent and unique to make any meaningful additions to. Vancouver's jersey just works, and even surrounded by a ton of new jerseys, it continues to work.

<div align="center">[Image: 8NQ2sXQ.jpg]</div>

Again its difficult to speak about a jersey that hasn't changed, but at the very least we can talk about what works. Above all else Vancouver owned easily the most creative and outside-of-the-box uniforms before this redesign, and the fact that they remain such an eye-catcher even after a complete rebrand for a majority of the league is a true testament to the jersey's strength, design-wise. The bright green stands out vividly against the dark blue and white, and despite attempts to change the primary colour to blue, none stood out like the current jerseys do. Its sleek and modern, and remains a beautiful set.

<div align="center">[Image: ag3ETAJ.png]</div>

The real spotlight for the Whalers comes in the form of their alternate jersey, which draws a lot of inspiration from another local Vancouver team. The colour palettes are swapped in favour of a predominantly blue jersey, which as a set came out amazingly. Its a stark contrast to the team's bright and electric green, but the deep sea blue on the alternates really has an incredibly sleek feel to it, and is a perfect design for a team on the tail end of their rebuild and looking to start anew with a very youthful team.

"I really like the existing Whalers jerseys - the colors are great, and I love the striping," said Isak Ødegård. "But we've been missing an alternate and I've wondered before why we didn't have a jersey that featured the blue more, so the new one meets both of those needs. I like that it's a little more classic without feeling dated, and I also like the little pops of green throughout - specifically the collar!. I'm definitely gonna be happy to wear it!"

<div align="center">--------------------------------------------------------------------------------</div>

Before I wrap up on the tour through these jerseys, I'd like to take this time to personally thank all the GMs who were so receptive and cooperative in working with us here at Adidas! We hope these are designs you are completely in love with and use for years to come! In specific, big thanks goes to the GMs I was able to speak to 1-on-1 <a href='index.php?showuser=1163' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>WannabeFinn</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2241' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>NYRangers3061</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Grapehead</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2310' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>JKortesi81</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2297' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>InciteHysteria</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2077' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ej27</a>, @[<a href='index.php?showuser=2101' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Jenny</a>], <a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Symmetrik</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2262' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Kaisonious</a>, you were all insanely important towards putting these jerseys together. Special thanks as well to the other GMs I never got to specifically speak to but were nonetheless just as instrumental.

Thanks for going through the Adidas redesign with me SMJHL fans! We look forward to our partnership with the SMJHL and we're thoroughly excited for the future of hockey design here, and for the players of the league, we can't wait to say you take the ice in your new threads!
- Nour

That brings our Exclusive SHN coverage to an end! How do you feel about the Adidas takeover? Which new design is your favourite? Be sure to let us know! This is the Simulation Hockey Network, signing off!

Code:
3265 Words

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

those PGF away unis are SLICC

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Damn good stuff man!

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

These are fucking HAWT. Love what you did for STL. Good job duder!

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Thanks man, I really like how our alternates turned out! Great work.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

beautiful. really good work

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ilike

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Always love seeing jerseys being done for our league. Nice work

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

THIS IS MY BOY NOUR !!! PLS REMEMBER ME WHEN YOU ARE PICKED FIRST OA OK.

Ilike

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Great jonb with these man!

I know it took a ton or work (especially with how many tweaks I kept making to the design Tongue ). Thanks for doing this Smile

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Nour,

Thanks again for all you've done here. I know we asked you to change things a million times over (Roughly) and you tried out everything for us. You did an awesome job, not just with STL, but with the entire league. This was a fun project, and even though it's caused us to hold off on a league wide redesign contest, I'm A-OK with that.

The SMJHL is better for your presence. Thank you.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Make a white for the Militia alternates, add the impact logo, and use them full time.

Pls

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Fuckthose are hot! Great job <a href='index.php?showuser=2683' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>NourFFAK</a>

These really came out great. Awesome work line-mate Nour48!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

For my recreate List of teams I'd allow to draft me in Junior has now expanded 100%.

Vancouver

And

Montreal. Dear lord the colour scheme and logo are a thing of beauty.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]