Create Account

Fridgecast 103: Sim Updates

Listen Here (50:58)

I go through some of the updates to my work-in-progress sim engine, and cover the notion of mental attributes and how they could work for us.

Shoutout to <a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>mpc</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> for feedback/comments/etc

Quote:Originally posted by gfridge@Jul 5 2017, 01:27 PM
Listen Here (50:58)

I go through some of the updates to my work-in-progress sim engine, and cover the notion of mental attributes and how they could work for us.

Shoutout to <a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>mpc</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> for feedback/comments/etc

Hot damn, right before I get off work. I know what I'm doing when I get home.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

In regard to some of the mental attributes, from STHS manual:

Experience - The higher the stat, the better his morale and his team morale will be. Limited effect on faceoff.
Leadership - The higher the stat, the better his morale and his team morale will be.
Morale - Affect all game stats at beginning of game. The higher the stat, the higher the players performance boost will be. (It's combined with the Team Morale)
Potential - Only used in the STHS Rerate Formula

And for some mental attributes, we could make it more, say, automated than that. Make it based on activity.

When running a test sim with Morale and some other stuff on, I basically made a quick formula for Experience based on the percentage of TPE a person had earned compared to the maxed out build possible: EX = 40 + ((Player TPE/Maxed out TPE)*60). Then Leadership could be a system based on playoff games or on awards earned, with seasonal boosts for captains.