Create Account

Week 6, Game 93: Firebirds @ Raiders

<div align="center"> Firebirds Prince George Firebirds @ Halifax Raiders raiders </div>
<div align="center">Starting Lineup
Prince George Firebirds Firebirds

Forsberg - Green - O'Sullivan
Reilly - Toothsome
Dean Melanson

Halifax Raiders raiders
Wyder - Boyka Jr. - Downski
Grogan - Müller
Jordin FourFour Jr.</div>

Pregame Notes
It's the second game of the season between the Firebirds and the Raiders, Prince George won their first match 2-1. Before this game, the Raiders have a sheet of 7-16 while the Firebirds are at 9-14 and both are curently outside of the playoffs, sitting at 7th and 8th place.

1st period
Like all of this season, the Raiders power play were nowhere to be found and the Firebirds capitalized on their chance to take the lead 1-0 at 13:11. The goal awoke the raiders who started to play more physicaly, distributing hits after hits but were unable to convert it into a goal.
Quote:Smirnov wins the face-off in Halifax Raiders zone. König Pass to O'Sullivanwho pass it to Beagle. Beagle Shoot but misses the net. Smirnov recover the puck. He shoot but it's blocked by Cloud McCarthy. The puck got recovered by Toothsome who shoot and score! Goal Goal Toothsome find the bottom of the net and the Firebirds take the lead 1-0!

2nd period
The second period was really boring as both teams took a nap after that physical first period. No goals were scorred and only 6 shots were tempted (4 for the Firebirds and 2 for the Raiders). We also saw some powerplays but nothing good. there were even a moment when we heard some sneezing from the fans who didn't liked the prestation of both teams.

3rd period
The third period begun on the same pace as the last one for the Firebirds but the Raiders got some more energy and managed to score. After that goal, the fourth line of the birds went on the ice with the thought of waking up their team who was still sleeping and as a result, a general fight occured. 10 penalties have been awarded (3 minors, 6 majors and one Game Misconduct for Logan Tesfaye who got ejected). The game got more intense as both team started to be more and more physical but in the end, the tactic of the Firebirds worked as they scored less than one minute before the end of the period, and again later in an empty net.
Quote: Cloud McCarthy Pass to Downski in neutral zone. He pass to Boyka then to Glass in Prince George Firebirds zone. Pass to Downski. Pass to Glass. Pass to McCarthy. Back at Bar Downski. Pass to Dwayne Wyder who shoot and score! Goal Goal The puck was deflected By Yuri Boyka Jr and it's now 1-1!The goal got scored at 7:36!
<div align="center">General fight at 8:17
[Image: bhQmByD.png]</div>
Quote: Green pass to Forsberg who shoot and misses the net. The puck is recovered by Kristy O'Sullivan for Prince George Firebirds. O'Sulivan behind the net. He's moving to his left, take some space, shoot and score! Goal Goal Kristy O'Sullivan found an opening in FourFour's position and it's now 2-1 for the Firebirds with less and one minute to play!
Quote:The pass by Pelletier got intercepted by VanDenBroek who pass to Reilly in neutral zone. Declan Reilly moves in Halifax Raiders zone, pass to O'Sullivan and then to Green who shootand score! Goal Goal Xander Green shoot in an empty net and it's now 3-1 for the Firebirds at 19:53.

<div align="center">FINAL SCORE
Firebirds 3 - 1 raiders

3 stars of the game
* Xander Green (PGF) - 1G, 1P, +2, 21/33 FO
** Kristy O'Sullivan (PGF) - 1G (GWG), 1P, +2, 6S
*** Tomáš Toothsome (PGF) - 1G, +1, 2SB </div>

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

<div align="center">The #beIzzy Inside The #brandIzzy Box

[Image: BsY6wOf.png]</div>

Welcome to a week 6 edition of our <time frame in which the author posts these> feature, the #BeIzzy Inside the #BrandIzzy Box, where we look at who uses their grit and determination to think inside the box.

Unfortunately as I look as the score sheet I don't see anyone deserving of the award in this game...

I SEE TWO WHOLE TEAMS.

The Raiders and the Firebirds took 68 penalty minutes in one game. Literally an entire game of people in the box. This heroic demonstration of true hockey started off in a shameful display, with Muller taking a diving penalty. Luckily, our ambassadors of the sport realized they needed to make up for this later in the game. The main show happened in the 3rd period, when a brawl broke out between two lines. Trucker Grogan, Cody Fletcher, and Éric Pelletier mde up the Raiders side, while EJ Dunkel, Logan Tesfaye, and Chet Manziel made up the other. For their troubles, Logan Tesfaye received a game misconduct. And on top of this, he is receiving the #BRANDIZZY Box for this game. Congrats Logan.

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

<div align="center">Firebirds vs Raiders
Goal Highlights Goal</div>

Weirdly enough, lately the Firebirds and Raiders have found themselves in a little bit of a rivalry. It doesn't really make sense but the new rookies from either side have really added fuel to this fire. Lets take a look at this game and some of the great goals it gave us:

Tomáš Toothsome opened the scoring in the 1st period by a low, hard shot:

[Image: 831433045.gif?w=640&h=360.gif]

The game stayed 1-0 for the remainder of the 1st and during the 2nd period. Yuri Boyka Jr, scored in the third to tie the game at 1 for the Raiders:

[Image: Dec_19_2016_20_07_31.gif]

However, with some late game heroics, Kristy O'Sullivan score the game winner with less than a minutes remaining in regulation:

[Image: MacArthurPassBetweenOwnLegsTurrisWild.gif]

Thats it! Those are the top 3 goals of the game. Thanks for watching! See you next week!

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

[Image: 3KXENNs.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

<div align="center">Defensive Player of the Game

Cloud McCarthy</div>

With such a soft name, you wouldn't expect McCarthy to have such a physical presence in the game. While his name isn't intimidating, he definitely makes himself known when his shift starts. In a little over 20 minutes of icetime, he stepped up his physical game, laying 5 big hits, and stepped back to help out his goaltender with 2 blocked shots. Gathering a +1 in the game, his linemates shift had the pressure removed with McCarthy backing them with hard physical play. Unfortunately, the Firebirds rallied in this one to win 3-1, which makes McCarthys game that much better.

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

The Golden Crossbar of The Game is awarded to the player with the most shots without scoring a goal. Any ties disqualify all players involved. The winners/poor souls are a diverse bunch, ranging from SMJHL greats to busts, but they all have one thing in common: they are notorious for not being able to buy a goal.

Oh well this is awkward. I thought we agreed that you'd go to rehab and get this problem checked out? Yes, while you may have had an assist- . . .yes yes, I know you won the scoring race too- . . . I know this, but you just take it too far. Another Golden Crossbar for Dani Forsberg, another six shots wasted and or missed against the worst team in the league. Yeah, you had two hits, but you played four and a half minuted on the power-play . . . I see, just make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm sorry

Better luck next time and congratulations/sorry <a href='index.php?showuser=2535' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Insayne</a>

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]