Create Account

Leetch set to stay in LA

<center>Matthew Leetch Set to Re-Sign in Los Angeles

[Image: pavelski.jpg]

Los Angeles -- Matthew Leetch, set to become a free agent following S36, appears to have a deal in place to stay with the team through S39. The rumored specifications of the signing is that it is a 3 year deal worth twelve million dollars (an average of four million dollars per season), and includes a No-Trade Clause. If the reports are correct, it shows how much Leetch wants to be in los Angeles.

"He's signing what will be his last non-regression contract, and he's willing to take the league minimum for a player in his TPE tier. That says a lot. This could be his last true chance to cash in, but loyalty to his team comes over cash for him, and I've gotta respect that", said one analyst.

Leetch wasn't one of the top ranked players coming into his SHL Draft. In the S30 SMJHL Draft, he was picked in the fourth round, thirty first overall by the Colorado Mammoths. He was named assistant captain that season, but put up just ten points and was a minus six. As the SHL draft rolled around , he had talks with almost all the teams, and he wasn't sure where he would end up. Los Angeles made a trade with Manhattan around draft time to acquire the 31st overall pick. It's not clear whether that pick was acquired with Leetch or other targets in mind, but that would end up being the pick that was used to select Matthew Leetch. Following the draft, he signed a three year entry level contract with an AAV of 1.5 million dollars per season.

He'd be sent back down for S31, and had a much better season for Colorado, with thirty points in fifty games. Following his trade to Halifax, he was sent down again in S32. This was by far the best team he had been a part of talent-wise. He had 45 points and was a finalist for the best defenseman of the year award in the SMJHL. Halifax won the President's Trophy and made it to the Eastern Conference Final that season.

Leetch made his SHL debut for the Panthers in S33. His 16 points were nothing impressive, but they weren't bad for a rookie defenseman. After S33, he re-signed with Los Angeles on a three year deal worth nine million total. S34 was a tough one. He saw a decrease in points and an increase in penalty minutes. He was happy to see his plus/minus, shots, hits, and blocked shots go up though. S35 was Leetch's best season yet. He had career highs in goals, assists, points, plus/minus, and shots, as well as a career low in penalty minutes.

"Of course I'm gonna stay. I'm loving it here. I'm getting paid to play the sport I love, with people I like, in one of the best cities in the world. I'm living the life man. There's times when I want to go back east to be closer to my family, but the guys in the locker room are like my second family, so I couldn't leave them. I've had some of the best years of my life here, and I can't wait to have some more here. I love the fans, I love the city. I'm friends with everyone on the team as well as the managers. I want to bring a cup here badly. It's something the fans haven't gotten to experience in a while, and it's something they deserve", said Leetch.

So while nothing's official yet (the contract cannot be officially announced until after S35), it appears as though Leetch is not going anywhere.

Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers

</center>

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Meh. <_<

Update PageWhalers | Monarchs | Player Page

[Image: T96UlnW.png]

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Quote:Originally posted by Durden@Jul 13 2017, 10:41 PM
Meh. <_<
stay away

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Meh.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

What about

Leetch -> :force:
S36: 70 mil
S37: 70 mil
S38: 65mil (need 5 mil for my recreate)

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Jul 13 2017, 09:58 PM
What about

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Jul 13 2017, 10:58 PM
What about

Lol

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Congrats Leetch!!

Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Jul 13 2017, 10:58 PM
What about

i cant even lmaoo

:eelvipers: :eelstampede: :eelroyals: :eelpagans:

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Panthers Leetch is such an integral part of the Panther family, he can never leave Smile

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty+Jul 14 2017, 12:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wasty @ Jul 14 2017, 12:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Panthers Leetch is such an integral part of the Panther family, he can never leave Smile[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Bishop@Jul 13 2017, 11:29 PM
Congrats Leetch!!

Cheers
[/quote]

Thanks guys Cheers

Panthers

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Awesome news! Keep up the great work! Wink

Panthers Finland Cheers

Cheers Great article !

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

What a leech...

Welcome back homie Panthers

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada