Create Account

Hamilton Steelhawks State of union

Hamilton Steelhawks State of the Union presser.

The Hamilton Steelhawks once again finished in last place in the simulation hockey league. They have always said that next season will be their year to finally make the playoffs as new prospects come up to the SHL every season. This season young winger Noro Wozy and young defenseman Jakub Trocheck were the newest SHLers to join the steelhawks ranks. They were last in goals against, shots against, face-offs, 2nd worst power-play. A lot of areas of their game needs to be worked on if they want to fix the team. We will be talking with General Manager Ben Dover on how this offseason is going to play out for Hamilton and what to expect for next season.

what are your plans for this off-season?

Dover: I don't expect us to be making a lot of movement in trades this offseason. We going to look forward to the draft and select the future of our team with the picks that we have at the moment. We are going to very happy with the 3 picks that we currently own in the 1st round as we should get 3 more building blocks for the future of the team. I know we have talked about the process a lot here in my last 4 seasons as General Manager of the steelhawks but we need to trust it just a couple more seasons. I am not going to rush anything here. I'm gonna build this team through the draft. It will take awhile but I feel that's the only way to make sure to be a contender for a very long time.

will you try to be a playoff team in S36?

Dover: I try to win as many games as I can with the current roster that I have every season. We have a lot of work to do to still make the postseason let alone contender for a championship in my mind. We need to find more depth in our 2nd and 3rd lines to become a better team. Jimmy Wagner will give us someone stable in net for once which is good moving forward. We have a 20+Goal Scorer in Atmey, Westbrook had a 40 Point Season. I feel like Kylrad will break out into the 20+goal 40 points a season range next season too. Sadly, I don't think I am going to do any trades to make us a better team next season. It doesn't make sense. I want to make the playoffs next season but I don't see us making the 20 point gap needed to do so. However if the talent we have on our roster steps up and force our way to the playoffs. I would be pumped to finally see my player and team in the postseason. I plan to be a playoff team in S37 if everything goes according to our current plan as of right now.

where do you think the team will improve this season

Dover: I think we will see growth in all areas of our game moving forward. I think it will be fair to see a lot of internal improvement with the team. If I am going to make a move it will be for a defenseman to somewhat give us a solid top four moving forward into next season but it has to be someone that fits our teams age and will hit their prime at the same time of their roster.

what positions are you looking to draft in the upcoming draft

Dover:We are still working on our draft plans right now but like I said I am going to be happy with our selections that we will make in this draft and they will be building blocks for our team to come. I going to base my rankings on character more than anything else. I know I haven't talked many of the prospects myself this year as my management team is doing a good job doing that for him as of right now. So prospects don't be discouraged that I personally haven't talked to you. I will when it's closer to the draft.

Do you have any potential trades in the works?

Dover:I have started the conversation on some potential deals that we might look to do prior to the draft. I have no idea if I will actually some of this just something to think about. I am not going to go out and spend assets to get veterans that doesn't fit with our teams timeline.

what are your draft lotto plans? Any good luck charms?

Dover: I will not be present. I am going to send Gooney to the draft lottery and hopefully he brings some good luck for our franchise.

are you going to aggressive in free agency?

Dover: Maybe, but I don't see why a veteran would want to come to our team at this moment. We are still aways from competing for a playoff spot. If they want to come here and would be a good fit in our locker room. I don't see why not. I am not going to go out and get stud that won't fit in our locker room and disrupt it. This will be my policy moving forward regarding free agency.

Which Prospects will make the jump into the SHL next season?

Dover: I think Jimmy Wagner will most likely be the only one doing that. Odjick maybe but it's all up to him if he wants to come up and play. I'm not going to stop him. Phelps same thing with Odjick. Both are shl ready prospects and doesn't hurt to get more seasoning so they can be contributors when they are ready.

Anything to say about Kaiser,Trocheck,Reiter and Kasparek’s contract negotiations?

Dover: I expect that deals will be done prior to free agency. I see these four players as being key pieces to our team moving forward into next season.

Now General Manager Ben Dover will asking questions from the public.

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour+Jul 19 2017, 02:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (FourFour @ Jul 19 2017, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Jordin FourFour JR. is an RFA this season. With the ties to his agent dating back 21 seasons, is there any interest to create competition with current prospect goaltender Jimmy Wagner[/b]

I dont think so to be honest. I believe in Jimmy Wagner becoming a number one goalie in the SHL. I would love to add fourfour to this team but I just dont see it happening in the forseeable future without it creating a problem in the lockerroom.

Quote:Originally posted by Rabidsponge21@Jul 19 2017, 03:22 PM<br />Do you feel like you might be aggressive for Free agents when a large chunk of the S31 class hit UFA status at the end of this next season?

What are some regrets you've had so far with being GM?

How do you keep wizarding all these trades?

<a href='index.php?showuser=283' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ThatDamnMcJesus</a>

Yes. There are defintely some interesting UFAs next season but we have to see if they get extended or not. I want playoffs in S37. So I will try to get as many as possible but i have to consider my cap situation prior to signing any of them and making sure that they fit.

Drafting Sabresfan over Sarmo. Maybe not drafting Waters. Maybe drafting Joe and Light in S31. Other than that i think I have done a decent job so far. I have defintely made some mistakes but no gm is perfect.

I honestly have no idea. I dont make a lot of trades but when I do, I try to make sure its the right trade for my team and its direction we are taking.

Quote:Originally posted by tweedlebrumm@Jul 19 2017, 03:45 PM<br />Who are you going to draft in the S37 Class?

Honestly I havent really thought about it. It depends what position the person is. What holes are in our future lineup and etc. Honestly would be looking for BPA and whoever will fit the best in our locker room.

<!--QuoteBegin-DrunkenTeddy@Jul 29 2017, 11:46 AM
Why are you so damn good looking?

What is the most important thing that you look for when drafting players?

Is a hot dog a sandwich?
[/quote]

1.i am not. I am ugly. :((

2. Activity within the forums,discord. I want to have an active team that people want to come here in free agency. I am looking at our long term outlook when I draft. I want to have the best locker room in the SHL. There are some individuals that I like a lot in this draft. Another thing I look into is people who actually want to come here. Prospect who actually contact me about becoming a steelhawk gets a check mark for me. I am not going to draft individuals who might leave the team in Free Agenecy either.

3.oh god. This is a good question that I could write hours about to be honest. The defintion of a sandwich is 2 pieces of bread with meat,cheese, some sort of sauce,some vegtables on it. So you can say a that a hot dog is a sandwich by definition of a sandwich but bitch. A hot dog is a hot dog and I dont want people calling it a sandwich. Its just weird,ya know. Thats all I am going to say about this subject.

1400 Words

[Image: hallsy.png]

Jordin FourFour JR. is an RFA this season. With the ties to his agent dating back 21 seasons, is there any interest to create competition with current prospect goaltender Jimmy Wagner

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Jul 19 2017, 02:35 PM
Jordin FourFour JR. is an RFA this season. With the ties to his agent dating back 21 seasons, is there any interest to create competition with current prospect goaltender Jimmy Wagner

I dont think so to be honest. I believe in Jimmy Wagner becoming a number one goalie in the SHL. I would love to add fourfour to this team but I just dont see it happening in the forseeable future without it creating a problem in the lockerroom.

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Jul 19 2017, 01:43 PM

I didn't wanna come there anyway :((

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Do you feel like you might be aggressive for Free agents when a large chunk of the S31 class hit UFA status at the end of this next season?

<a href='index.php?showuser=283' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ThatDamnMcJesus</a>

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

Who are you going to draft in the S37 Class?

Quote:Originally posted by tweedlebrumm@Jul 19 2017, 04:45 PM

Isnt that a bit early to ask :x

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Evok@Jul 19 2017, 01:46 PM

Isnt that a bit early to ask :x
It's never too early to scout Wink

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Rabidsponge21@Jul 19 2017, 03:22 PM
Do you feel like you might be aggressive for Free agents when a large chunk of the S31 class hit UFA status at the end of this next season?

Yes. There are defintely some interesting UFAs next season but we have to see if they get extended or not. I want playoffs in S37. So I will try to get as many as possible but i have to consider my cap situation prior to signing any of them and making sure that they fit.

Drafting Sabresfan over Sarmo. Maybe not drafting Waters. Maybe drafting Joe and Light in S31. Other than that i think I have done a decent job so far. I have defintely made some mistakes but no gm is perfect.

I honestly have no idea. I dont make a lot of trades but when I do, I try to make sure its the right trade for my team and its direction we are taking.

Quote:Originally posted by tweedlebrumm@Jul 19 2017, 03:45 PM

Honestly I havent really thought about it. It depends what position the person is. What holes are in our future lineup and etc. Honestly would be looking for BPA and whoever will fit the best in our locker room.

Can I play as a #1 center?

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Trading me is your biggest regret obviously.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TheWoZy@Jul 19 2017, 05:05 PM
Can I play as a #1 center?

Yes.

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Jul 19 2017, 05:09 PM
Trading me is your biggest regret obviously.
Maybe. Hmm

<a href='index.php?showuser=2261' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Gooney</a> RIP

[Image: capybar22_600.png]